SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Heard from Prp's mom. He was xchecked during Friday nights game and sustained a bruised kidney. He spent Friday night and Saturday in the hospital. He was pretty upset because he couldn't play Saturday. He's hoping to play in today's game but the coach may not allow it. I'm trying to listen to the game on the online radio feed but it's pretty crappy today. First period is over, Laredo 2 - New Mexico 1. The commercials are coming in fairly well so maybe the feed for the game will be better now.

Was trying to follow Toews' action a little today, and saw that Bochenski has a goal and an assist in the USA's first couple of games, both wins. The IIHF website has all the games listed with live updates on stats while the games are going on. Not as good as listening, but ok to check periodically.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_07/o.../113/index.html

Games are televised PPV, not sure where, just google the appropriate term. I was also able to catch the can-chzech game via streaming video today (free). You'll need to download "sopcast" and also the VLC media player (again just google). Here's a link (to a thread) with a tiny bit of help (normally the streaming video will play right off of the sopcast player, but the guy streaming the IIHF games has it set up to use VLC with the sopcast streamer_probably better quality, and it was very good-as good as any webcast i've seen): http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12490&p=1 I'll also copy/paste the imp stuff below. NHL3Guy is the person streaming the games, so he'll have all the tech posts.

open the stream in VLC as written here:

1 Click the NHL link on the schedule page to start Sopcast (Substitue channel of choice)

2 If Sopcast opens but does not launch the channel, click the link again

3 Wait for the channel buffer to reach at least 50%

4 Launch VLC then click File, Open Network Stream...

5 Click the HTTP radio button and in the URL box enter 127.0.0.1:8902

4 Click OK

5 Leave Sopcast running and watch the stream in VLC (latest version)

You will find VLC Player and other help here at their site.... a link to http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It really was pretty easy, just follow the directions. It took a little while for me to figure everything out, but I did manage to catch the last 1/2 of the 3rd period. Wtih about 3 minutes to go, near the end of Toews shift, the CR took a penalty. So Canada called a TO so that Toews could take a breather before the PP was to start. Obviously they just love him on the PP.

Any questions about the sopcast, I'll be back to the computer later on tonight, and will try to answer any questions if needed.

I believe tomorrow's game is Can vs USA

Well, the season is over for Mike Prpich and the New Mexico Scorpions. The Scorpions played the Laredo Bucks in the conference finals and lost to them again tonight. Mike was injured Friday night and didn't play in last night's or today's games. Mike had 14 goals and 6 assists in the post season and 23 goals and 22 assists in the regular season. Not too shabby for a Fighting Sioux alum!!!

Good luck next season, Mike!! You made us proud this, your first professional, season!!!

Fighting Sioux forever!!!!!

Well, the season is over for Mike Prpich and the New Mexico Scorpions. The Scorpions played the Laredo Bucks in the conference finals and lost to them again tonight. Mike was injured Friday night and didn't play in last night's or today's games. Mike had 14 goals and 6 assists in the post season and 23 goals and 22 assists in the regular season. Not too shabby for a Fighting Sioux alum!!!

Good luck next season, Mike!! You made us proud this, your first professional, season!!!

Fighting Sioux forever!!!!!

lets hope he can sign a full year contract in the AHL, the coyotes almost signed him after his senior year with te sioux. they were very interested in him playing in san antonio their AHL team. i see this happening as he had a very solid year and belongs in the AHL!

lets hope he can sign a full year contract in the AHL, the coyotes almost signed him after his senior year with te sioux. they were very interested in him playing in san antonio their AHL team. i see this happening as he had a very solid year and belongs in the AHL!

Whoever gets Prp is going to not only add a talented player to their roster but will be getting a player who gives 110% to his team. The fact that he wanted to suit up and play the same day he was discharged from the hospital speaks volumes for the type of player he is.

Whoever gets Prp is going to not only add a talented player to their roster but will be getting a player who gives 110% to his team. The fact that he wanted to suit up and play the same day he was discharged from the hospital speaks volumes for the type of player he is.

well, if they wanted to know if he would always give 110%, they could have just asked Hak and his teammates. HECK, they could of just asked the fans! :silly: Seriously, I thought the Coyotes were a little nuts to not take him last year, hopefully somebody opens their eyes to the great player that Mike is.

well, if they wanted to know if he would always give 110%, they could have just asked Hak and his teammates. HECK, they could of just asked the fans! :silly: Seriously, I thought the Coyotes were a little nuts to not take him last year, hopefully somebody opens their eyes to the great player that Mike is.

Mike has a few of the qualities pro teams like he can play defense, he can score goals and fight. The guy isn't very big but he is tough.

Mike has a few of the qualities pro teams like he can play defense, he can score goals and fight. The guy isn't very big but he is tough.

I'm sure that the scouts have been watching Prp for a long time. His qualities as an excellent addition to any club have always been apparent. I don't understand why he wasn't snatched up last year. Maybe it was a money issue, maybe they wanted to see how he played with players other than top, quality, excellent, players like we have on the Fighting Sioux hockey team. :silly:

I'm not so sure about the scoring, he seems to have picked it up in the CHL, but wasn't a scorer at UND. I am still haunted by his misses against Denver in the 1-0 loss. :silly:

I'm not so sure about the scoring, he seems to have picked it up in the CHL, but wasn't a scorer at UND. I am still haunted by his misses against Denver in the 1-0 loss. :silly:

exactly, he is not a scorer for sure, he is a grinder with tons of energy and great work ethic. in the AHL he would be a 3rd line player that could help a team out for sure. i say he lands a AHL contract and has a very nice minor league career. there is nothing wrong with that for sure. unless you are drafted and your NHL team has you developing in the AHL, the NHL isnt that easy to crack and i dont see him doing that.

I hadn't seen this on here before so I thought I'd share it. If it's already up somewhere and I just missed it than I apologize. Great interview with Zach Parise and Travis Zajac. It's a little weird to hear Zajac refer to The Ralph as an arena built for "that" team.... but good none the less

Parise and Zajac Interview

well, the arena was built for fighting sioux hockey, thats what he meant. not a knock on anything else just telling it like it is