SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

she is actually very nice and I don't think has a problem with it at all. Did he lose more teeth?

Oh, I'm sure she doesn't ( I wouldn't know as I've never met her) but with someone as aesthetically pleasing as Zach it's just a shame. :)

No teeth lost, just blood.

Zajac with another goal. Here's his "effusive" goal celebration

capt.pagw10102020106.devils_flyers_hockey_pagw101.jpg

Nice words about Zajac tonight during the intermission. People were wondering about the length of the schedule in college vs the NHL if he'd be getting tired come this time of the year. Zajac has always said that it wouldn't be a problem, and thus far, he's proving that true. He has delivered, especially tonight.

Glad to hear the boys withthe Devils had such a great night last night. I wasnt able to follow the gamesd last night as i was on a charter bus on my way down to Atlanta for the ACHA South Region Tournament (college club hockey). Gonna be a great, long weekend full of dirty hockey hah. Great part is, i brought all of my Sioux shirts and hats just for my buddy on the team who is from MN and a big Gophers fan. Now i have reason to wear all that stuff for him :)

Wow, so a few notes on this tourney i'm at:

-Bob Hartley's (coach of the Thrashers) son was the goalie in the team that trounced us tonight 8-0.

-I got to meet him (GO CANES still)

-This tourney is in Alpharetta, GA, which some of you may know is where Brad Miller is from. In the shop at the rink they had 2 Sioux jerseys for sale (for $80 a piece) AND one signed by Brad that says "thanks to the cooler for everything over the years" (the Coller is the name of the rink.)

It's been an interesting trip so far. The boys have to play at 8:30 am now. If they lose, they are out and we have the rest of the day to explore Atlanta. I thnk some of us may head to Phillips Arena for the game tomorrow night.

GO SIOUX!!!

Zach Parise gets a primary assist in tonight's Devils/Sabres game. Devils quiet for 2 periods and have all of a sudden awoke with 2 goals in about 30 seconds.

EDIT: Add a goal for Zach now, about 2 minutes after the last goal. 20th goal of the year for Zach. Assist for Travis Zajac on the goal.

Zach was the #1 star of the game . . . because he had the game winner

His postgame thoughts included the fact that he and Travis feel they have a lot of responsibility and they took no special means to end their mutual scoring drought other than knowing that they have a responsibility to score and help the team.

Upon congratulations for his 20th goal he said that he definetly wanted to get to 20 this season and now that he has he just hopes they keep coming.

Congratulations to Zach and by all means, keep 'em coming.

fullj.getty-71799042jm010_buffalo_sabre_10_56_01_pm.jpg

-Bob Hartley's (coach of the Thrashers) son was the goalie in the team that trounced us tonight 8-0.

-This tourney is in Alpharetta, GA, which some of you may know is where Brad Miller is from. In the shop at the rink they had 2 Sioux jerseys for sale (for $80 a piece) AND one signed by Brad that says "thanks to the cooler for everything over the years" (the Coller is the name of the rink.)

It's been an interesting trip so far. The boys have to play at 8:30 am now. If they lose, they are out and we have the rest of the day to explore Atlanta. I thnk some of us may head to Phillips Arena for the game tomorrow night.

GO SIOUX!!!

Well...did you buy them???

Matt Greene gets into another scrap. This time against league fight leader LaPerriere........not much to it though. Give him credit for sticking up for his teammates.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Greene isn't turning out to be the best fighter out there, but he is good for standing up for his players.

That's ok because standing up for your players and being defensively responsible are much more important than being a good fighter.

GO SIOUX!!!

Why is this in the former player's thread?

Why is this in the former player's thread?

cause i had originally said i wasnt gonna be able to post former players stats every night cause i was in atlanta for this tourney. i was just giving people info on what i was up to down there.....anyways, back to former players.....

Greene isn't turning out to be the best fighter out there, but he is good for standing up for his players.

That's ok because standing up for your players and being defensively responsible are much more important than being a good fighter.

I saw that fight yesterday as well, he didn't do all that well against LaPerriere, who is a hack in my opinion so I give him Kudos for standing up against him. Matt will get better at fighting, he is getting better all the time at Defense...

I saw that fight yesterday as well, he didn't do all that well against LaPerriere, who is a hack in my opinion so I give him Kudos for standing up against him. Matt will get better at fighting, he is getting better all the time at Defense...

LaPerriere is a pretty seasoned fighter. It seemed like Greene was being more defensive and trying to avoid a big haymaker than going on the offensive. That being said he deserves credit for standing up for his teammate. He held his own, neither player got much of a shot in.

matt already has as many PIMS as Commodore does :-D Commy has been very conservative with his PIMS, as he only has 4 in his last 10 games. Matt, on the other hand, is racking up fighting mins left and right hah

Different outlook on fighting from the coaches there. I know the Hurricanes coach doesn't want his players to fight unless it's necessary. Carolina did not fight very often during last years playoff run, and I doubt their coach has changed his outlook on the topic.

Different outlook on fighting from the coaches there. I know the Hurricanes coach doesn't want his players to fight unless it's necessary. Carolina did not fight very often during last years playoff run, and I doubt their coach has changed his outlook on the topic.

oh yeah trust me. Laviolette HATES his players to fight. i believe there have only been 2 REAL fights in their games so far this season, and about 2 or 3 instances where a Canes player ALMOST fought someone, but backed himself off. im sure Commy wanted to kick the crap outta some people this season, but hasnt. Commy is known for ALOT of PIMS, so to have only 85 right now is interesting.

Parise - Zajac article

Zajac, 21, has been a perfect fit as the Devils' second-line center. In his first NHL season, he has 10 goals and 16 assists in 51 games and has impressed with his play in the defensive zone.

On and off the ice, Parise and Zajac are nearly inseparable. They live in apartment buildings across the street from each other.

"I think we play well together and we have a lot of fun on the ice, too," Parise said. "We couldn't have ended up in a better place."

How cute; they also said they like to hang out at the mall together and play video games; I know they're still young, but come on guys, the mall? You're not 12 :D

Also, Bochenski has been recalled by the B's to Boston proper 'cause they need his help offensively

Bochenski asked to kick-start B's offense

Tonight in Former Sioux:

NHL

Brandon Bochenski: Boston vs. Washington @ 7:00 pm ET

Travis Roche: Phoenix vs. Columbus @ 7:00 pm ET

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Montreal @ 7:30 pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Zajac: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

David Hale: New Jersey vs. New York R. @ 7:30 pm ET

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. Toronto @ 8:00 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Vancouver @ 9:00 pm ET

Ed Belfour (pos): Florida vs. Colorado @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Bryan Lundbohm: Houston vs. Omaha @ 8:05 pm ET

Curtis Murphy: Houston vs. Omaha @ 8:05 pm ET

Matt Jones: San Antonio vs. Iowa @ 8:05 pm ET

CHL

Sioux vs. Sioux

Brad Williamson, Aaron Schneekloth: Colorado vs. Mike Prpich: New Mexico @ 9:05 pm ET