SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

STAFFORD WITH A GOAL FOR BUFFALO FROM BRIERE!!!! looks like danny briere is returning drew the favor form the other night....GO DREW FOR YOUR FIRST NHL GOAL!!!

alot of former sioux playing tonight...

Eddie Belfour: Florida

97aafb64-2505-488d-b5a9-d548f115d36b.jpg

Mike Commodore: Carolina

db2f41ac-1e3e-41b0-8c9c-ec30407f062e.jpg

Zac Parise: New Jersey

gr111106.jpg

Drew Stafford: Buffalo

n22223150_31588330_1829.jpg

Travis Zajac: New Jersey

Matt Jones: Phoenix

not that anyone cares but Ryan Potulny in the lineup for the Flyers tonight, Phil Kessel in for the Bruins, Matt Carle in for San Jose (for those on here that may not be only Sioux fans.....some ex WCHA names...)

Here's a list of the salaries of some former players.

I find it interesting that Zajac is getting paid more than Parise. Why is that guys (and gals, lol)?

also, JParise gets his second [straight] win of the season (record 2-1) for Lowell, stopping 34 of 35 shots against the Hartford Wolfpack. I really hope this means he has found his groove. he is still wearing that same helmet for UND!!! (he now has a GAA of 3 and a SA% of .92 in 3 games)

Parise gets second win

parise2.jpgparise1.jpg

I find it interesting that Zajac is getting paid more than Parise. Why is that guys (and gals, lol)?

also, JParise gets his second [straight] win of the season (record 2-1) for Lowell, stopping 34 of 35 shots against the Hartford Wolfpack. I really hope this means he has found his groove. he is still wearing that same helmet for UND!!! (he now has a GAA of 3 and a SA% of .92 in 3 games)

Parise gets second win

parise2.jpgparise1.jpg

the salaries depend on what year they signed with their nhl/ahl teams. if zpar continues his success he will jump up nicely with his next contract along with all the others.......

the salaries depend on what year they signed with their nhl/ahl teams. if zpar continues his success he will jump up nicely with his next contract along with all the others.......

You assume New Jersey could afford it... As much as I love the Devils (almost as much as I love the Wings!) they are simply paying too much for some of their players (McGillis is one of them).

They have had consistent problems with the salary cap, i think that is evident to everyone. not that zajac isnt skilled, BUT he is in his rookie season, and he is already getting paid more than Parise, in his "Sophomore" season. its obvious parise is a little more adapted, since he has 7 goals, 13 points this season already, which ties him for first in both categories with Brian Gionta. (zajac is tied for second in goals (4) with jamie langenbrunner and is 3rd in points.) i think together they put up consistent points. its great to see such a formidable Sioux duo out there ripping up the NHL. and so young, too. i guess it doesnt matter to me what they get paid. as long as they win games! its only cause of those 2 that im a big devils fan anyways haha

That does seem kind of odd. Maybe Zach bot a bigger signing bonus.

That does seem kind of odd. Maybe Zach bot a bigger signing bonus.

maybe so. but once again, doesnt even THAT sound odd? since, if i am correct, rookie bonuses were considerable less this year than before? then again, i believe zpar played in the minors for a year before moving up to the big show. zajac, obviously, went right in. maybe he does have more talent, but is still adjusting. reverting back to my last post, he IS tied for 2nd in goals overall, as a "freshman", coming straight from college, on a team that is relatively dominant (leads the atlantic division).

i find myself racking my brain for a relatively non-important reason haha. i guess its just all in fun to try and understand more.

maybe so. but once again, doesnt even THAT sound odd? since, if i am correct, rookie bonuses were considerable less this year than before? then again, i believe zpar played in the minors for a year before moving up to the big show. zajac, obviously, went right in. maybe he does have more talent, but is still adjusting. reverting back to my last post, he IS tied for 2nd in goals overall, as a "freshman", coming straight from college, on a team that is relatively dominant (leads the atlantic division).

i find myself racking my brain for a relatively non-important reason haha. i guess its just all in fun to try and understand more.

i believe zach signed before the new nhl collective bargaining agreement (that's why he spent that first year in the ahl.. there was no nhl at the time). i think the rookie max is now set at whatever zajac is making... but overall parise got more because of signing bonuses.

thats kinda surprising to me......i thought he was doing well. anyone hear an explanation for this?

he will be up and down. production or not, they are damn good without him and its a numbers game. he will be a fill in this season then next year be up the whole year as long s he keeps producing

he will be up and down. production or not, they are damn good without him and its a numbers game. he will be a fill in this season then next year be up the whole year as long s he keeps producing

ok that makes more sense. good luck to him. it was awesome watchin the game last night, seein him play, and thinkin he was right next to me in class a year ago....ah, the good old days lol