SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Mike Commodore?

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Matt Greene can pot a game winner, Mike Commodore can score a goal.

Actually, I remember one (maybe Mike's only?) collegiate goal as a sophomore. It was a random shot from the student section's side of the arena just inside the opposing blue line. It went 5 hole. Oh my god I just about died laughing. I only wish I remembered which team it was against. It had to be either UMD, UMN, or CC because maroon or brown were a key part of their jersey.

If Matt Greene can pot a game winner, Mike Commodore can score a goal.

Actually, I remember one (maybe Mike's only?) collegiate goal as a sophomore. It was a random shot from the student section's side of the arena just inside the opposing blue line. It went 5 hole. Oh my god I just about died laughing. I only wish I remembered which team it was against. It had to be either UMD, UMN, or CC because maroon or brown were a key part of their jersey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it wasn't his only collegiate goal...as he scored 5 :0 in his junior season. He also definetely scored in the 2000 national championship against BC!

Goren has scored two PP goals in tonight's game, but Rochester leads 4-2 in the third. (Edit: Kesler has just made it 4-3, assists to Heerema and Goren, Goren now with 10 points in the playoffs). (Edit 2: The Moose have tied it, but have taken a 5 minute high sticking major with 5 minutes left in regulation)(Edit 3:Penalty killed, going to OT, Rochester took 2 penalties with a second left in the game, and the Moose start OT two men up-but fail to score, OT continues)

Chicago wins 5-2, Roche not involved in the scoring.

I was in Winnepeg last night. What a great arena...we were in Sec. 124 (The Labatts Club). Rochester made a mistake behind its net and the puck came out hard to Goren who one-timed it for an unassisted goal. The crowd went crazy...

The MTS is very easy to get to - just stay on 42 N which turns into Douglas which turns into Smith... and into the Radisson ramp ($5.00). The MTS is a 1/2 block up the street on Portage. I'm going again very soon.

The MTS is very easy to get to - just stay on 42 N which turns into Douglas which turns into Smith... and into the Radisson ramp ($5.00). The MTS is a 1/2 block up the street on Portage.  I'm going again very soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like this is a different arena than the "Winnipeg Arena" where the Jets played?

Goren has scored his 8th of the AHL playoffs to tie the game tonight at 1-1 after one period.

front.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is leading the team in scoring for the playoffs. He is +24 for the season now which also leads the team. Nice to see Lee having a break through year.

Sounds like this is a different arena than the "Winnipeg Arena" where the Jets played?

MTS Centre (previously called "True North Centre") definitely is not Winnipeg Arena. ;)

The place is in a great location for someone coming into Winnipeg from the south.

From the South (Hwy 75 / US Border):

- Highway 75 becomes Pembina Highway (Route 42 North).

- Continue North on Pembina Hwy upon entering city limits.

- Pembina Hwy turns into Donald Street and then Smith Street as you cross the Donald Street Bridge and enter the Downtown area.

- Turn Left onto Portage Avenue and travel 1 block West.

- The MTS Centre

I've been to the MTS Centre as well (for a concert), and its an absolutely beautiful venue. Although, IMO, about 10 years too late, eh?

For the record, Goren now leads the AHL playoffs in goals and is just one point off the scoring lead.

They tore down "Eatons" and built the MTS recently. It is on Portage Ave, next to the Radisson. We were told it has only been open for around eight months. Secs. 124 - 127 are the ones with bar access...There is also a good restaurant right inside...and another downstairs for players, media, etc. John Gaustad is the grandson of the people I was with so we had access to that level too and visited with him after the game...Overall, the game and the venue were excellent - time and money well spent...

MTS does look nice. No more Eatons; guess it's been too long since I've been to Winnipeg.

On another note, the Bismarck Bobcats are switching from one former Sioux coach, Chad Johnson, to another, Dane Litke.

From minnesota hockey journal:

David Lundbohm has helped the Florida Everblades to a 3-2 series lead against the Charlotte Checkers of the ECHL.  Lundbohm leads the postseason with 19 points and nine goals and is tied in plus-minus (+9).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tim O'Connell is on the same team.

I'm headed to Winnipeg on May 23 to watch Goren against Roche. We got real nice seats in row four Section 127 (a corner). Can't wait to watch these two muck it up against each other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sec. 127 is in the Labatts Club isn't it? ...I hope you had a few for the rest of us...

Roche has scored to put Chicago up 2-0 after two. Chicago continues to outplay Manitoba. The Kesler, Heerema, Goren line are not ting as they did in previous series.

The penalty list in game two is getting extremely long.