SiouxSports.com Forum

Watch what you post

dakotadan

A wise man warned us here many times that what you post is read by many, and not always those looking out for your or UND's best interests.

That man left here because he was made a pariah by those who disagreed with him when he pointed this out.

Turns out PCM is simply a man ahead of the times.

A wise man warned us here many times that what you post is read by many, and not always those looking out for your or UND's best interests.

That man left here because he was made a pariah by those who disagreed with him when he pointed this out.

Turns out PCM is simply a man ahead of the times.

I miss PCM

Though I feel like I post the "everyone's reading what you write, be careful" caveat at least every six months, I'll choose to be happy that others are taking up the mantle, because it's an important message.

Watch what you say, because thousands of people are reading (Dec 2002). ???

Having GDM or me actually delete a post or even suspend an individual is really a last resort -- community enforcement of its own standards is better for everyone. While we've put forth a sizable effort to write up some guidelines, they can really be summarized as:

Before each post, remember that tens of thousands of people will read it, including players, friends, relatives, media, NCAA officials, and rivals' fans

It's a timely post for this forum, as the scrutiny that has typically been reserved for hockey at UND will shine more and more on other sports as they move up to D-I.