SiouxSports.com Forum

Rylan Kaip

#1fan

Rylan is one of those players that epitomizes what Sioux hockey is all about. Gutty, hard working character player. A credit to the program and a credit to himself for sticking to it. Great story and I wish him all the success.

From his first days as a freshman, to fighting through his near career ending headaches that year, to his breakout game against the Badgers at the Final Five, to his wearing the C with pride and distinction, Kaip has ALWAYS been top shelve in our books here.

His only mistake, perhaps, might be the decision to walk the dreaded wedding aisle sometime this summer. Marriage, it is sometimes said, has been the ruin of many a good man. And, to be fair, the ruin of many a good woman as well.

I really think Hakstol (?) was dead on when he was asked about Kaip before Kaip suited up for the Sioux. He was asked to compare Kaip to a current or former Sioux and he said that Kaip compares favorably to Rory MacMahon.

He was dead on. Rory might have had a bigger offensive upside, but Rylan had more grit and more leadership (which is saying something because Rory was no slouch either).

I know we have Hextall coming in, but I definitely think we'll be missing Kaip as much as we miss Prpich. Hextall has big skates to fill.

I really think Hakstol (?) was dead on when he was asked about Kaip before Kaip suited up for the Sioux. He was asked to compare Kaip to a current or former Sioux and he said that Kaip compares favorably to Rory MacMahon.

He was dead on. Rory might have had a bigger offensive upside, but Rylan had more grit and more leadership (which is saying something because Rory was no slouch either).

I know we have Hextall coming in, but I definitely think we'll be missing Kaip as much as we miss Prpich. Hextall has big skates to fill.

Just for the record Hextall has been compared to Arhibald by Hak so I am excited about him coming to the Sioux.

His only mistake, perhaps, might be the decision to walk the dreaded wedding aisle sometime this summer. Marriage, it is sometimes said, has been the ruin of many a good man. And, to be fair, the ruin of many a good woman as well.

It's never too early, however, to start producing future Sioux :lol: