SiouxSports.com Forum

A letter from Notre Dame...

WiSioux

I can honestly say that I was wore out after the championship game. I have never cheered so much for a team that wasn't the sioux. I think the Sioux Crew members and myself had a lot of fun doing the irish cheers as well as doing our own (Seive cheer, Beer Song, you sit chant, and of course just yelling Rudy in the third period.) I met up with a couple of irish fans after the game and they could not believe our (North Dakota's) passion for hockey. That in itself is a sense a of pride we should all feel.

Imagine how crazy the Can would have been if only we had been given something to cheer about. The Sioux crowd was just waiting to explode that first game.

I did enjoyed cheering for Notre Dame in both the semi's and the final. They played with a lot of grit and made one helluva run. Hats off to the Irish and their fans.

Imagine how crazy the Can would have been if only we had been given something to cheer about. The Sioux crowd was just waiting to explode that first game.

I did enjoyed cheering for Notre Dame in both the semi's and the final. They played with a lot of grit and made one helluva run. Hats off to the Irish and their fans.

Jackson has a great vision for that program, and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of them on a national scale on his watch.

Jackson has a great vision for that program, and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of them on a national scale on his watch.

I think Jackson has given the CCHA the third power house team they have been missing since his LSSU days. Notre Dame was VERY good last year and easily could have been in Michigan States skates with the title had they escaped their regional.

I think Jackson has given the CCHA the third power house team they have been missing since his LSSU days. Notre Dame was VERY good last year and easily could have been in Michigan States skates with the title had they escaped their regional.

I think the last couple years are reason enough for Notre Dame fans to be proud of their hockey team. They're comin out to prove to the rest of the hockey world that they can fit in there too :D

The problem with the CCHA is most of their teams are locked into their big scheudle.

I remember ND coming to UND when the old Ralph was still being used. I don't remember what year it was?

Is it true that EZAC team Cornell is coming to the REA? It will be fun watching UND whoop up on them.

You hope so. :D

I remember ND coming to UND when the old Ralph was still being used. I don't remember what year it was?

Notre Dame was in the WCHA from 1971 to 1981 so they played at the old Ralph most of those years. Due to scheduling they didn't play there every year however. More recently they also played a series at the old ralph in 1998-99.

Yesterday 2 of my kids and I were at the Columbia Mall. The 7 y/o son spots a ND hat at "Lids" and bugged me the entire time we were there to buy it. It was a 2 for $20 deal, so he got a ND AND a ND hat...Notre Dame and North Dakota. :D

Contrary to rumors, you are a soft touch!! :lol: