SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-BC Game Thread

bigsioux21

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will hear people flame lammy for "losing" this game for us. Not true. Our team played poor, BC played like Gods today. We wouldn't have been here if Lammy hadn't saved our butts in the regional. Tough tough end to the season again. I can't wait for next year!

Tough game, at least you got a goal. But some of you are right. You could be like me, sitting at home wondering when Cornell will get back to FF.

Yes no beer at NCAA's. Syracuse has to shut down their beer when it's NCAA.

I hope if we get to come out there next year, that I'll get to go. Would like to see your campus. Except for that, good luck next year.

If you here anything about us, please post it on my thread as I'll get an email, thanks.

We will hear people flame lammy for "losing" this game for us. Not true. Our team played poor, BC played like Gods today. We wouldn't have been here if Lammy hadn't saved our butts in the regional. Tough tough end to the season again. I can't wait for next year!

Ditto.

Sad ending, especially for the guys who have played their last Sioux Hockey game. Gotta feel bad for them, as they have been a darn good team, and will have this as their last memory. Gotta thank 'em all for another good year! Best of luck to you all in the future!

Think about all the teams that started their "off season" threads on uscho over a month ago. I'm proud of this team and they provided a lot of excitement during the year. Thanks for your hard work and getting us into Frozen 4 again.

Yeah either that or Finley's or Genoway's. :D

In the end you can only blame the teams effort and running into a BC team that is ALWAYS ready to play come National Tournament time.

I'll say this though. If Boston College doesn't win the National Title on Saturday I'd be more heartbroken if I was a BC fan. Cause 3 straight National Title appearances and not winning would be very heartbreaking.

Yeah either that or Finley's or Genoway's. :D

In the end you can only blame the teams effort and running into a BC team that is ALWAYS ready to play come National Tournament time.

I'll say this though. If Boston College doesn't win the National Title on Saturday I'd be more heartbroken if I was a BC fan. Cause 3 straight National Title appearances and not winning would be very heartbreaking.

I agree... that would be worse... and I don't mean to take these frozen 4 appearances for granted, but if you are gonna play like that you might as well not show up...

you know, I just wanted to point out that everyone is pointing at the defense. Yes, they did have a breakdown and made mistakes where they shouldnt...but where were the forwards...Osh and Dunc barely moved the puck the whole game. The offensive lines looked terrible, they couldnt move the puck at all much less generate more than a couple decent scoring chances. My point is, the TEAM lost the game, not Lammy, not Finley, not the D...the TEAM lost. Time to look forward to a good 08-09 season with some promising freshman soon to be sophmores!

you know, I just wanted to point out that everyone is pointing at the defense. Yes, they did have a breakdown and made mistakes where they shouldnt...but where were the forwards...Osh and Dunc barely moved the puck the whole game. The offensive lines looked terrible, they couldnt move the puck at all much less generate more than a couple decent scoring chances. My point is, the TEAM lost the game, not Lammy, not Finley, not the D...the TEAM lost. Time to look forward to a good 08-09 season with some promising freshman soon to be sophmores!

We have had trouble scoring all year. However, I thought we looked very good at the start of the first. We came close to scoring. Then we give up a goal but yet still come really close to scoring. I believe we would have got 1 if we were still down by 1. After giving up the 2nd, the team mailed it in. You are right that the team lost. Each part of the team played roles and had good and bad times during the year. Today was a bad day for the D which led to the O not really getting going. This is 1 team we need to get out in front off. However, the D really got us here this year when the O has not shown up. Thats why the team lost the game, not a certain part.

TH didn't ask, and it wasn't the right time to do so, for sure. But he did seem to be giving Oshie the chance to say something, when he asked him "I am sure you can look back and know that it was a good season, but kind of hard to see that right now"... or something to that effect. I also was waiting for Oshie to say he was gonna come back for one last shot. I wish him the best in the NHL, and Finley, Chorney, and Duncan, too. I know we all feel Duncan is 50-50, but I honestly think that if he is smart, he takes whatever offer he happens to get this summer.

TJ on the radio I WANT to hear "See you next year"

As much as would like to see it, I also don't want to. It would be great to see this talented class get that title that they deserve. However, we have a ton of talent in recruits that are waiting in the wings. It would be nice to get them playing so that we can recuit more talent. Having recruits sitting because our team is junior/senior heavy is not exactly receptive to gathering more recruits. I wish all of the Juniors/Seniors the best and thank them for playing for us. That being said, I would rather see only about 5 seniors back. I want to see what these kids have in them.

As much as would like to see it, I also don't want to. It would be great to see this talented class get that title that they deserve. However, we have a ton of talent in recruits that are waiting in the wings. It would be nice to get them playing so that we can recuit more talent. Having recruits sitting because our team is junior/senior heavy is not exactly receptive to gathering more recruits. I wish all of the Juniors/Seniors the best and thank them for playing for us. That being said, I would rather see only about 5 seniors back. I want to see what these kids have in them.

I'm very interested into seeing what the likes of Jason Gregoire, Mike Cichy, David Toews et al will provide to the team as incoming recruits.

That's what Hak gets for putting Kozek on the top line.

What a stupid idea! :D