SiouxSports.com Forum

Ralph News---

flatspin7

It'd be nice if Pohl played too. Just cause he's a stinky Gopher doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him play. :blush: Gotta hope that the Blues don't take after the Trashers stupidity of last year and not play Panzer. That would be absolutely moronic, but Atlanta did it by not playing Hrkac, so who knows.

I'd love to see the Blues play the Wild up here. Hopefully all former WCHA guys on those teams play, and do well if they do. I think that the Thrashers didn't play Hrkac last year because they were looking at a few players for the season, hopefully this means that Panzer and Pohl will see some time with the Blues, and Roche and Murphy with the Wild.

The reported figure of 256,591 for UND is for 23 dates, an average of 11,156 a game (300 less per game than last year). The Manitoba exhibition game is not included in UND's official release (attendance at that game was 7,131)

Highest attendance

Mich Tech - Sat 11,659

Colo Coll - Sat 11,641

St. Cloud - Sat 11,487

Duluth - Sat 11,472

Mankato - Fri 11,431

Lowest Attendance

Denver - plyfs #1 10,264

Denver - plyfs #2 10,597

Canisius - Fri 10,643

Denver - plyfs #3 10,674

Niagara - Fri 10,701

The reported attendance of 240,670 for Minnesota is for 24 dates and includes the exhibitions with Italy and US Natl team (but not the HOF game at Xcel). This is an average of 10,028 a game, 4 less than last year. The highest attended games for the gophers were St. Cloud #2 (10,218), Alabama Fri (10,191 - banner raised), UND Sat (10,160), Mich St. (10,153) and Wisco Sat (10,150). The lowest attended games were the exhibitions and the playoff series with Tech.

I wasn't trying to smack you or anything. I know that on USCHO, this stat got brought up and someone from Wisconsin scoffed at the numbers because UND had so many more home games than Minny or Wisco. It was taken as fact. Problem was, it wasn't true. I was going to post my research there but by the time I gathered it, the thread had moved in a different direction. So I had all these numbers with nowhere to go until....... :blush:

BTW, Wisconsin's reported total of 228,612 is for 20 dates, an average of 11,430 a game. So Wisco led the nation is average attendance.

In the final analysis.......big deal. Minnesota led the nation in the only stat I care about.

In the final analysis.......big deal.  Minnesota led the nation in the only stat I care about.

I agree with this 100%.

It might be the most meanlingless stat I've ever seen argued on USCHO. I don't think I've ever thought about it longer than the time I'm waisting now. :blush:

I would bet MN lead the nation in ticket revenue though, even with less tickets sold. $26 a pop gets mighty expensive!

I know that on USCHO, this stat got brought up and someone from Wisconsin scoffed at the numbers because UND had so many more home games than Minny or Wisco. It was taken as fact. Problem was, it wasn't true. I was going to post my research there but by the time I gathered it, the thread had moved in a different direction.

I read that thread at USCHO, or at least I read it until I got sick of it. Your info probably wouldn't have been very highly regarded knowing the people there...