SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations from a Badger fan!

Bet3go

Although the loss stings very much, we played well and thats all I can ask. It seemed we had you guys despite the pipe shots and the disallowed goal (rightfully so IMO). Your goalie was tremendous and stopped us on countless number of very high quality scoring chances. It was nice to see a good turnout by Sioux fans, it always helps the atmosphere, which I thought was outstanding despite the low attendance numbers. I know the students probaly had a hard time justifying spending $80 on tickets for 2 games which was roughly the same cost as a student season ticket. And yes the basketball team affected ticket sales some, however, I was a bit surprised and dissapointed in the total turnout. On a positive note, the fans who did show up made it a very loud environment. Anyways, good luck in the FF in two weeks.

Although the loss stings very much, we played well and thats all I can ask. It seemed we had you guys despite the pipe shots and the disallowed goal (rightfully so IMO). Your goalie was tremendous and stopped us on countless number of very high quality scoring chances. It was nice to see a good turnout by Sioux fans, it always helps the atmosphere, which I thought was outstanding despite the low attendance numbers. I know the students probaly had a hard time justifying spending $80 on tickets for 2 games which was roughly the same cost as a student season ticket. And yes the basketball team affected ticket sales some, however, I was a bit surprised and dissapointed in the total turnout. On a positive note, the fans who did show up made it a very loud environment. Anyways, good luck in the FF in two weeks.

The Badgers certainly played great this weekend. Luck and a very, very hot goaltender is what allowed us to move on.

Thanks Badger fan.

Division I hockey has been a passion of mine for 40 years and I've seen how often puck luck plays a role in the one-and-done tournament format. Over time, these things average out. It stings now, but the Badgers will be the recipient, again, of some puck luck that produces a favorable outcome just like the Sioux will again be on the short end. That's the game of hockey.

it was a great game. you guys outplayed us for two periods. turris made one great pass, and the end board put one past jpl :lol: but this team wouldn't be denied. tough break on turris, im sure you guys were hoping for one more year, but you've got a solid team that will compete next year. your coach is a punk, but it is nice to see fans who appreciate good wcha hockey. see you next season! on a side note, they didn't give any breaks to the students? maybe that is standard for a regional, but it was dissapointing to not see the kohl sold out. i would have rather seen 1-2000 more badger students than empty seats. the ralph needs to get another regional, that was awesome!

We had a great time in Madison as well. I cheered for WI on Saturday, and then thought it might have been a mistake with the way they played. They certainly played very well but seemed to run out of gas on Sunday. I thought Tom Oates column in the Monday Wisconsin State Journal was pretty harsh. I certainly would not have faulted the Badgers for their efforts.

State Street Brats was a great place. Saw a lot of Sioux fans. I noticed last night as I was unpacking that our close still smelled like the brats inside that place.

Siouxmama - We called you after the game on Sunday night to find out where the big party was, but we bumped into some people we met up at Houghton in October. Had a great time talking. Don't know if you headed home right away. We left Monday morning and drove through some blizzard conditions and slippery roads.

A good time for sure, and I was impressed with downtown Madison. Off to Denver we go!

Next time though, it would be nice not to have to listen to the "racist mascot" cheer.

Not very classy.

Before the Denver/Wis. game I didn't know who to cheer for, but that changed quickly. I even heard it during the Denver/Wisco game. Now my opinion of Badger fans isn't very high. Heard the chant both nights in different sections of the arena.

Next time though, it would be nice not to have to listen to the "racist mascot" cheer.

Not very classy.

Before the Denver/Wis. game I didn't know who to cheer for, but that changed quickly. I even heard it during the Denver/Wisco game. Now my opinion of Badger fans isn't very high. Heard the chant both nights in different sections of the arena.

i was under the belief that we did not have a mascot?? logo yes, but i have never seen a sioux mascot at a sporting event or elsewhere for that matter? i could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time, but adds to the stupidity of the chant if i am correct.

i was under the belief that we did not have a mascot?? logo yes, but i have never seen a sioux mascot at a sporting event or elsewhere for that matter? i could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time, but adds to the stupidity of the chant if i am correct.

Most student sections have moments where maintaining their "class" becomes less important than finding a way to be-little their opponent. Ours is certainly no different. I truly believe, at times, they are satisfied just to amuse themselves. We love them despite their faults, however, because at the end of day they create a top notch atmosphere. I agree that you have a logo moreso than a mascot, perhaps it's just a detail they choose to ignore.

it was a great game. you guys outplayed us for two periods. turris made one great pass, and the end board put one past jpl :lol: but this team wouldn't be denied. tough break on turris, im sure you guys were hoping for one more year, but you've got a solid team that will compete next year. your coach is a punk, but it is nice to see fans who appreciate good wcha hockey. see you next season! on a side note, they didn't give any breaks to the students? maybe that is standard for a regional, but it was dissapointing to not see the kohl sold out. i would have rather seen 1-2000 more badger students than empty seats. the ralph needs to get another regional, that was awesome!

Hakstol is also a punk. I wouldn't really be a true Badger fan with any other response now would I? :ohmy:

Hey Bet...

Congrats to the Badgers on a good tournament. This was my 1st trip to Madison and the Kohl Center and I have to say I was impressed. Not so much by the arena (don't get me wrong, it is nice but remember we have the Ralph so we're spoiled) I will say it is a thunderdome! LOUD even if the attendance wasn't a full house and ALL the fans are into it. We could take some lessons from that! (but the parking SUCKS!) Thanks for the hospitality overall though...it was a blast!

I brought my two boys with me and we had a great time in Madison! You have great fans! We sat around Red the whole weekend and enjoyed their company. Many wished the Sioux luck as we left the seating/arena...very classy! My boys and I laughed when we heard the racist mascot chant! Hey that's the college atmosphere, bring it on!!!!

Hakstol is also a punk. I wouldn't really be a true Badger fan with any other response now would I? :lol:

i would respond with "touche" except hak is a class act, and eaves is a punk :D the infamous bird did not help his image outside of und, but he is one of the best in the business, and his teams and players reflect that. ask any unbiased college hockey expert in the know (if there is such a thing) and ask him who his head coach would be if he were starting a program... hak would be on that very short list, eaves would not. of couse this is coming from a very biased sioux fan :ohmy:

Tickets were $64 front row second level. Great atmosphere. Anyone who hasn't been to a Wisconsin FB, Hockey or BB event at Madison it is worth the price of admission. Fans are involved and cheers are coordinated and all fans know them. The old guy behind the penalty box (Phil) holds up signs and gets the whole crowd going. Their band is one of the best college bands in the country and makes the event a blast. An elderly Packer fan went to Madison when Brooks was their QB and told me what a great atmosphere it is but you need to be there. I went to a FB game last fall and it was a blast. Their band and fans make it a great experience.

I have to pass this story on. Mrs. Siouxman and I were surrounded by avid and boisterous Badger fans. We had several UND fans down the row aways, but the rest were Badger fans. The three on my left were pretty decent. Those in front of us, to the right, and behind us were obnoxious and not as intelligent about hockey as they thought. The woman beside Mrs. Siouxman yelled at the Badger player for touching the puck, rather than let it go all the way to the end line for an icing. A Badger fan finally clued her in on that one.

Back to the real story. When the Sioux scored to make it 2-1, of course the Badger fans cheered "You still suck! You still suck!" Just 48 seconds later when Duncan made it 2-2, there was no such cheer. So Mrs. Siouxman jumped to her feet and started yelling "We still suck! We still suck!" It was pretty quiet around us for the rest of the game.

I have to pass this story on. Mrs. Siouxman and I were surrounded by avid and boisterous Badger fans. We had several UND fans down the row aways, but the rest were Badger fans. The three on my left were pretty decent. Those in front of us, to the right, and behind us were obnoxious and not as intelligent about hockey as they thought. The woman beside Mrs. Siouxman yelled at the Badger player for touching the puck, rather than let it go all the way to the end line for an icing. A Badger fan finally clued her in on that one.

Back to the real story. When the Sioux scored to make it 2-1, of course the Badger fans cheered "You still suck! You still suck!" Just 48 seconds later when Duncan made it 2-2, there was no such cheer. So Mrs. Siouxman jumped to her feet and started yelling "We still suck! We still suck!" It was pretty quiet around us for the rest of the game.

:ohmy::lol: Thats funny. I can picture Mrs. Siouxman doing that!

We had some "not so smart" fans around us too. They just don't get it. :D

Great story. Love that spunk!