SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

What sport is that, I haven't watched a minute of basketball this season or the last two for that matter...

Lucky. My friend dragged me to Tailgators last night to endure the Xavier vs. WVU game. Luckily I only had to endure the last 5 minutes of regulation and the 5 minutes of OT (something around 1.5 hours).

The neat thing in basketball is that you can use fouls to benefit you. Or fouls can benefit you to begin with. In a rational sport like hockey, fouls (called penalties in this case) actually hurt you. Imagine if fouls weren't something you wanted to do in basketball... then again, I can't imagine. You blow on a guy with the ball in the wrong fashion and he goes to the line. :lol:

It seems like a sport for tall panzies.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky. My friend dragged me to Tailgators last night to endure the Xavier vs. WVU game. Luckily I only had to endure the last 5 minutes of regulation and the 5 minutes of OT (something around 1.5 hours).

The neat thing in basketball is that you can use fouls to benefit you. Or fouls can benefit you to begin with. In a rational sport like hockey, fouls (called penalties in this case) actually hurt you. Imagine if fouls weren't something you wanted to do in basketball... then again, I can't imagine. You blow on a guy with the ball in the wrong fashion and he goes to the line. :lol:

It seems like a sport for tall panzies.

I think the fact that I sucked at Basketball kind of set my mind on not liking basketball.

:)

I think the fact that I sucked at Basketball kind of set my mind on not liking basketball.

:lol:

Basketball is only worth it if you are playing with friends. If it is in the least bit competitive (meaning like in a league or intramurals or something like that) there has to be some sort of fun you see it in even if you lose or it is completely a waste of time.

If me and 5 of my buddies want to go out and play a little 3 on 3, cool! I'm up for that. Just don't ask me to watch a bball game or go out for a team. Not going to happen.

My version of basketball. . . .give both teams 100 points and set the clock to two minutes. (Sorry, I tend to find bb kind of like watching paint dry, been a hockey lover for far too long!) With all the fouls, the game would STILL take almost 2 hours! :lol::)

My version of basketball. . . .give both teams 100 points and set the clock to two minutes. (Sorry, I tend to find bb kind of like watching paint dry, been a hockey lover for far too long!) With all the fouls, the game would STILL take almost 2 hours! :lol::)

its for some and not for some. i love it as well as hockey but sioux hockey is my passion. the west regional last night in phoenix was fun as hell and decent games overall.

Here are a few of my ideas:

1. Rework the entire system of fouling. If a guy merely bumps into the other guy, it shouldn't be a foul. Contact happens. Let it pass.

2. Make fouls HURT! Each Free Throw should be 2 points, not one. Make every foul accumulated within the final 2 minutes of regulation cost 4 free throws instead of just 2. That way, you'd be retarded to foul a guy in the final minutes of the game.

3. Raise the hoops. Everyone and their moms can dunk nowadays. Make it so that truly only the amazing players can once again dunk.

4. Reduce the number of playoff games. In the NBA, make the opening rounds a best of 3 and all subsequent rounds best of 5. In the NCAA, choose one: NCAA or NIT. If you choose the current NCAA system, then shut down the NIT. You don't need it. It's kind of like the Bowl system. You don't need 165 Bowl games. You just need the top 20 playing in a Bowl game and that's that.

its for some and not for some. i love it as well as hockey but sioux hockey is my passion. the west regional last night in phoenix was fun as hell and decent games overall.

Don't get me wrong. I have tried to like basketball. . . we have an NBA-D League team in town, which has guys called up to the NBA all the time, so no slouch team, and I have gone to a few games. I have decided that I must have ADD or something, as I find my mind wandering. I, more often than not, catch myself people watching more than I watch the action on the floor. I attribute that to far too many breaks in the action. First, there are the millions of fouls/free throws. Then, each team is allowed multiple time outs. . .of different lengths, mind you. Last, but not least, they have to take the "dancer/sponsor" time outs so they can throw things into the crowd. Not trying to insult anyone for liking it, just not for me (as you said). I find myself doing the same thing at baseball games. . . . .after watching hockey, everything just moves too slow I guess?

My version of basketball. . . .

My Version of Basketball would be on lockut for the rest of its existance. :lol:

Seriously even when hockey was locked out I watched movies and college hockey.

As much as it killed me to not have hockey I still didn't watch round ball....

I have said this since I was about ten years old, and I will say it again now..

Basketball is for girls that can't skate.....

That.... and ...... Gophers Suck......

Damn.... I really was wise beyond my years :lol: !

GO SIOUX!!

My Version of Basketball would be on lockut for the rest of its existance. :)

Seriously even when hockey was locked out I watched movies and college hockey.

As much as it killed me to not have hockey I still didn't watch round ball....

probably because you cant jump or shoot a round ball into a round hole ;):lol:

There are lines on the two games in Madison today - nothing for the other games yet.

N.D. is the heavy favorite at -320 (bet 10 to win 13.10)

what is surprizing to me is that Sconny is favored over DU

DU is at +125 (10 to win 22.50)

can't believe all the red/white in the stands can help Sconny that much - they shouldn't even be playing as far as I'm concerned.

fyi - the over an under was 5 1/2 for our game and 5 for the other.

oh yes - gambling is legal if done through certain and specific venues.

There are lines on the two games in Madison today - nothing for the other games yet.

N.D. is the heavy favorite at -320 (bet 10 to win 13.10)

what is surprizing to me is that Sconny is favored over DU

DU is at +125 (10 to win 22.50)

can't believe all the red/white in the stands can help Sconny that much - they shouldn't even be playing as far as I'm concerned.

fyi - the over an under was 5 1/2 for our game and 5 for the other.

oh yes - gambling is legal if done through certain and specific venues.

A WCHA matchup on Sconnie's home ice during the playoffs? I'm not surprised a bit on that line.

So funny listening to beyond the pond this morning

pat michelletti- puffy uve always hated denver

puffy- no no no i only hate one team

pat micheletti- can i guess

puffy- its a hard guess hahaha

pat micheletti- UND

puffy- yeh and finley and zajac

i thought this was funny that he ahd to mention finley and zajac.

So funny listening to beyond the pond this morning

pat michelletti- puffy uve always hated denver

puffy- no no no i only hate one team

pat micheletti- can i guess

puffy- its a hard guess hahaha

pat micheletti- UND

puffy- yeh and finley and zajac

i thought this was funny that he ahd to mention finley and zajac.

Obsession.goon

I think the fact that an NCAA hockey tourney thread has devolved into a conversation about how terrible basketball is shows how basketball is light years ahead of hockey in terms of popularity. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey, as evident by my avatar and membership here. I played basketball, but have never even skated in my life, yet I can still appreciate the beauty, speed, and skill of hockey. I can understand not liking basketball, as it's not for all, but to whine about it in this thread sounds an awful lot like there is some hidden jealousy.