• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAME #1 CLASS "A"

Duluth Marshall 2, Mankato West 1 (F)

GAME #2 CLASS "A"

Warroad 2, Litchfield 0 (Start of 2nd)

From Section 8A Boy's Hockey Web Site:

www.section8ahockeyblog.blogspot.com

Warroad is known for Walleyes, Windows and Hockeysticks. Now, you'd have to also use phrases like "Main Street Bullies" to the addage as Warroad used grit and toughness in the first period of play against Litchfield.

The Warriors jumped out to a 1-0 lead on a Jeremy Hahn tip-in goal off the blast from Eric Milbridge. Hahn located himself in the mid-slot right and redirected the puck past Lucas Johnson to open the scoring for Warroad. Hahn also scored the first goal of the 2007 MN State High School Tournament against Albert Lea. Junior Dane Shaugabay also assisted on Hahn's tally as he whistled a pass to Milbridge off a Litchfield turnover.

Late in the opening stanza, senior winger Andy Pelland leveled a Litchfield Dragon defender but ended up taking the brunt of the collison. Play was stopped as Pelland gathered his senses at center ice.

Moments later, senior captainBryce Ravndalen took a Michael Pieper pass behind the Warroad cage and went in untouched as he weaved between several Dragon defenders. As he approached the goal mouth, Ravndalen juked and jived and shot the puck five-hole to beat Johnson. Pieper was the lone assist as the goal came at :08.4 left in the opening period.

Warroad outshot Litchfield 13-3 in the opening frame.

Currently.....

St. Thomas Academy 3 Little Falls 2......start of the third

That game could easily have been the championship game. That Hanowski kid from Little Falls has one of the best individual performances I have ever seen in a game. I looked at the box score and he had 13 shots on goal :angry: As a team Little falls had 27.

I loved Lou Nanne going on and on and on in the second period about how the team with the best chance to score was Blake and that St Cloud Cathedral just didn't have any firepower. After about the 30th time he mentions it (about 11:35 of the second period), a Cathedral player scores on a wrap-around shot (11:30). At no point afterward did he address his previous statements (or mis-statements).

Maybe Lou should stick to trying to convince "family friends" to reneg on commitments to UND and give up broadcasting?

My favorite Nanne quote last night came in the Breck-St. Cloud Cathedral game. "Goal scorers know how to score goals."

brilliantvs0.jpg

BRILLIANT!

Diglger are you sure that is not a quote from JOhn Madden, that sounds like statement that dumba$# would say.

Diglger are you sure that is not a quote from JOhn Madden, that sounds like statement that dumba$# would say.

Trust me, it's Nanne. I'm surprised he didn't bust how "hey, no one can beat Edina when they play like they play when they play." :angry:

OK after just watching the Edina game. I am happy that Joe Cleson is coming to UND. What a player he had two goals that were great. Does anyone know where Anders Lee is going? I would like to see both those boys play for the Sioux!

I think the MSHSL needs to re-evaluate this "two-class" system. Clearly, no one is interested in watching Class A games. Just look at the crowds. Also, why does Warroad continue to play the "small-town" card while Roseau plays with the "big boys"?

A few years ago, the South St Paul girls team won the "big school" title. They graduated a handful of seniors so they decided to bump back down to A league the following year and promptly won that state title. What kind of message are we sending kids by allowing manipulation of the system like that?

Let's get back to one-class hockey. Cmon, Minnesota. It was a nice experiment, but it's failed.

I haven't watched HS hockey for a few years now and am amazed at the talent and maturity these boys display on the ice. HS hockey isn't anything like the HS hockey I remember watching just a few short years ago. The physicality of Warroad is superb! I like it!!!

(goon squad fan posting here. :angry: )

I think the MSHSL needs to re-evaluate this "two-class" system. Clearly, no one is interested in watching Class A games. Just look at the crowds. Also, why does Warroad continue to play the "small-town" card while Roseau plays with the "big boys"?

A few years ago, the South St Paul girls team won the "big school" title. They graduated a handful of seniors so they decided to bump back down to A league the following year and promptly won that state title. What kind of message are we sending kids by allowing manipulation of the system like that?

Let's get back to one-class hockey. Cmon, Minnesota. It was a nice experiment, but it's failed.

why not hang a banner in each town?? when there is a realistic chance to do it almost every year (at least as of late and in the past) why wouldn't they?? they have there home and home battle every year and it's fantastic...but why jump up to beat the crap out of each other in sections and then only one go to the X??