SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question related to the game and the rink size at the DECC. Are there lots of rinks that are smaller like this one? I've wondered this for years, but never thought to ask here. It just floors me that teams play on different size rinks at the D1 level. Imagine if the rims were higher from one teams gym to the next or a fooball field was 10 yards shorter.

Well, help campaign for a new DECC. Duluth is doing all they can to get a new arena.

I'd equate it more to a baseball diamond...

But the style of play doesn't change if the fences are 400' to center compared to 425'. The mound is still 60'6" from the plate and the bases are still 90' apart. Having a short rink like this totally changes the style of play with a tiny neutral zone.

2nd Period wrap up:

UMD OVerall grade: B+

UND OVerall grade: C

UND managed to play a bit better this period. Still not very good. UMD is playing with desperation. Sweeney claims UND came prepared for that, but it certainly doesn't look like it to me. We are almost purely defensive in stature. We're not getting much offensive chances. It takes Miller to Radke to really test Stalock and Stalock makes a tremendous save.

UND's PP has been atrocious all game long.

UND's PK and goaltending have been outstanding, though.

Third Period keys:

SCORE

SCORE

SHOOT!

Use the PP to take advantage of the man advantage. Don't let 4 players outplay your 5.

I am sure that Hak has some reason for continuing to play LaPoint that we are not aware of.

I don't know... maybe Soohockey knows something Hak doesn't... possibly is running secret practices.

We will take Lapointe, if people don't want him. We're down two defenceman, with Garrison out thanks to Bucky and Oberg potentially out thanks to Duncan.

2nd Period wrap up:

UMD OVerall grade: B+

UND OVerall grade: C

UND managed to play a bit better this period. Still not very good. UMD is playing with desperation. Sweeney claims UND came prepared for that, but it certainly doesn't look like it to me. We are almost purely defensive in stature. We're not getting much offensive chances. It takes Miller to Radke to really test Stalock and Stalock makes a tremendous save.

UND's PP has been atrocious all game long.

UND's PK and goaltending have been outstanding, though.

Third Period keys:

SCORE

SCORE

SHOOT!

Use the PP to take advantage of the man advantage. Don't let 4 players outplay your 5.

im sure they are trying :silly:

But the style of play doesn't change if the fences are 400' to center compared to 425'. The mound is still 60'6" from the plate and the bases are still 90' apart. Having a short rink like this totally changes the style of play with a tiny neutral zone.

BUT! There are pitchers' parks and hitters' parks!

We will take Lapointe, if people don't want him. We're down two defenceman, with Garrison out thanks to Bucky and Oberg potentially out thanks to Duncan.

I don't think we should be giving away any dmen, being that we've lost 2 players this weekend thanks to UMD, with one of them being one of our best offensive dmen in Genoway.

Thanks Gergen!

I don't think we should be giving away any dmen, being that we've lost 2 players this weekend thanks to UMD, with one of them being one of our best offensive dmen in Genoway.

Thanks Gergen!

Well, I've seen LaPoint make his first major mistake so all week now we'll be hearing tons of "LaPoint sucks, play Marto" posts.

Well, with Genoway out, maybe we'll here "Play Forney and Marto! Move Radke back to D!" :silly:

Anyways, GO LAPOINT GO! I'm a fan of yours!

BUT! There are pitchers' parks and hitters' parks!

Yes there are. And if you want to get a base hit in a pitchers park you still have to get a hit off of the pitcher who's standing 60'6" away and run the 90' before you get thrown out, just the same as a hitters park. I never played hockey, I only know it from my years as a UND student, so maybe a shorter neutral zone has no bearing on the style of play at all. I've just always been curious. If you have any insight, I'd love to hear it.

Well, I've seen LaPoint make his first major mistake so all week now we'll be hearing tons of "LaPoint sucks, play Marto" posts.

Well, with Genoway out, maybe we'll here "Play Forney and Marto! Move Radke back to D!" :silly:

LaPoint hasn't impressed me yet but I know he has potential. He should make a goal though of putting at least 20 lbs on him this summer, he is so tall and thin compared to other Sioux D that its awkward.

Well I'm sure that Davidson will get his chance now. He has played more games that Forney and accoding to some of the other players he has a great work ethic and is ready to step in at any time.

LaPoint hasn't impressed me yet but I know he has potential. He should make a goal though of putting at least 20 lbs on him this summer, he is so tall and thin compared to other Sioux D that its awkward.

He definitely could use bulking up.

He is also getting just what he needs to remedy his mistakes: Playing time. He also has the faith of Hakstol and Co. For those two things, I unwaveringly support Derek and refuse to put up with the "Bench LaPoint" crap.

Davidson/Forney/whomever. Point is still valid.

Well I'm sure that Davidson will get his chance now. He has played more games that Forney and accoding to some of the other players he has a great work ethic and is ready to step in at any time.

Hopefully Genoway's wrist injury is "just" a sprian and he'll be back next weekend or shortly thereafter. Trupp . . . we'll see.