SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd period breakdown:

1. PP looked better. They started shooting the puck.

2. Pressure overall looked better

3. Defense continued to play well.

Keys to 3rd period

1. Keep up pressure

2. Continue defensive stance and disciplined play

3. SHOOT!

4. Conditioning. Trupp gone. Need to accommodate.

I went back and watched the Trupp injury again. It looked to me that as he fell to the ice, his leg ended up trapped awkwardly underneath himself and he rolled over it.

I'm thinking(hoping) ankle, but watching him try to get off the ice was painful to watch. :D

It may be a BS penalty but I will defend Thul on this one.

Why?

Because it sends a message to both benches: Run the goaltender, sit in the box. Period.

It's a message no other official has been willing to make.

So far, believe it or not, Thul is acting like Shepherd and McLeod has nothing on him. Shep will talk to him about this and he'll surely suck tomorrow though.

!!!WHAT!!! How the heck was VV suppose to stop the 'dog who wrapped his arm around him and pushed him into Stalock?

!!!WHAT!!! How the heck was VV suppose to stop the 'dog who wrapped his arm around him and pushed him into Stalock?

Terrible call and to say anything but that is pure B.S. He was pushed into the goal and then the goalie chased him down and pushed him around....and VV gets a penalty - what a joke.

Keys to the Third:

1. continue to try to stay out of the box

2. SHOOT THE PUCK

3. Don't worry about making it pretty just follow #2

4. Good Defense

5. Keep Up the Pressure

6. Evan, try to come back

7. And i know that some of you disagree with me, but this has been my bone with Phil for two years and i can't forget the Michigan game in Regionals last year when they scored because of this, so......Phil, stay in the net buddy, you are not a defenseman and you are not a forward. STAY IN THE NET!

Keys to the Third:

1. continue to try to stay out of the box

2. SHOOT THE PUCK

3. Don't worry about making it pretty just follow #2

4. Good Defense

5. Keep Up the Pressure

6. Evan, try to come back

7. And i know that some of you disagree with me, but this has been my bone with Phil for two years and i can't forget the Michigan game in Regionals last year when they scored because of this, so......Phil, stay in the net buddy, you are not a defenseman and you are not a forward. STAY IN THE NET!

Wow, anything else?

They could have gotten JPL numerous times for that then this season.

I'm more concerned with JPL getting called with diving penalties for overexaggerating the hits he takes. It may not happen in the WCHA, but come NCAA's, they may just call him on that at a critical time. I hate it when a goalie tries to oversell something. My biggest fear with JPL, is that it's going to bite him in the a$$ and result in a goal.

Ok, not knowing what is going on in practice, I think that if the worst case scenario is true (Trupp done for the year), then we need a player who can play the same kind of game that Trupp does. Davidson isn't that player. More likely would be Miller, but I think Forney has Trupps offensive upside.

But yeah, I expect Miller in there. Why Forney didn't red shirt this year is beyond me.