SiouxSports.com Forum

Since the Sioux don't play tonight...

gopherz

im pretty sure people know when there is college hockey on tv and pretty sure we dont need a new thread saying the gophers are on tv in alaska on siouxsports :D no fence but not that big of a deal.

or could go out to the bars and do something fun!

im pretty sure people know when there is college hockey on tv and pretty sure we dont need a new thread saying the gophers are on tv in alaska on siouxsports :D no fence but not that big of a deal.

or could go out to the bars and do something fun!

No I'm saying the whole deal with trying to split screen or have Woog and company work from Minneapolis trying to call the game....

I think FSN North is so desperate to televise a gopher sweep they are willing to broadcast all the way from Alaska! I hope the Wooger can stay up that late!

As bad as Alaska sucks the goofs could end up losing to these guys.

Talk about doing a broad cast on the cheap. They are going to broad cast a game from Anchorage while sitting in Mpls.

They would be better off letting the UAA boys do the broadcast.

As bad as Alaska sucks the goofs could end up losing to these guys.

Talk about doing a broad cast on the cheap. They are going to broad cast a game from Anchorage while sitting in Mpls.

They would be better off letting the UAA boys do the broadcast.

I disagree about being cheap, it hasn't happened in the past because of the ridiculous cost, its a pleasure to have the opportunity to watch anyway, but I do agree they should leave it to the AA guys. Maybe they are just trying it today and leavin the options open for tomorrow

I disagree about being cheap, it hasn't happened in the past because of the ridiculous cost, its a pleasure to have the opportunity to watch anyway, but I do agree they should leave it to the AA guys. Maybe they are just trying it today and leavin the options open for tomorrow

Gophs in Alaska? Televised? I can only conclude that technology has progressed far enough to protect Frank's hair piece from the Alaska winter....

When Wisconsin visited UAA earlier this year, the games were on the Wisconsin feed of FSN North and they had the local guys in Alaska doing the games; the quality was pretty bad. Say what you want about Frank and Doug (I know they aren't liked on here for obvious reasons; I generally go to each game so I can't really give a fully informed opinion on their quality in recent years) but I'm pretty sure they are a big upgrade over locals in Anchorage calling the games. Plus, like others have said, trying to do something different -- albeit less expensive -- could be kind of cool. Worth a shot at the very least, IMO.

I respect the Wooger's opinions on college hockey. Frank, well, he is what he is...

Why are we even talking about this clash of the #8 team vs the #10 team in the league??

We should be focusing on going 15 unbeaten and riding a Sioux sweep back into the stad!

exactly, this is a thread for gpl , theres already a thread for non sioux hockey talk that was started last weekend

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?sho...0&start=240

I don't blame them for not going up to alaska. :D

Most threads on ss.com end up talking about the Gophers. This thread is perfect for this forum. Don't ya think?

shouldnt matter if all wcha teams are talked about as theres nothing wrong with talking college hockey as a whole

since there is a thread regarding non sioux games that was started last weekend i dont think there is need for this thread but thats just me

shouldnt matter if all wcha teams are talked about as theres nothing wrong with talking college hockey as a whole

since there is a thread regarding non sioux games that was started last weekend i dont think there is need for this thread but thats just me

Agreed. But then explain why you refer to this as a thread for gpl.

Agreed. But then explain why you refer to this as a thread for gpl.

i guess my point is this thread is about the gopher/uaa games this weekend being broadcasted and so forth and we have a thread that discuses non sioux games which include gophers games. i said gpl because this thread has all gopher focus so thats what i meant. the other thread with non sioux games discusses that stuff. not that it matters what the hell i think but thats waht i was saying.

So they won't be in the arena but will be broadcasting the game. Interesting.

This opportunity may serve to prove my long held theory ....

It matters not where they are: Frank and Doug have never seen a Gopher penalty committed. :D :D

So they won't be in the arena but will be broadcasting the game. Interesting.

This opportunity may serve to prove my long held theory ....

It matters not where they are: Frank and Doug have never seen a Gopher penalty committed. :D :D

Irony at its finest :D