SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday/Saturday NON sioux Game Discussions

AZSIOUX

If anything, WHeeler is getting a lot of the press for the GOphers, but really, Kangas is your player of the year because I DOUBT you'd be 5-4-7 without his stellar play. I wouldn't doubt it would be something like 3-10-3 without him.

The Gophers can be a dangerous team, but I don't think they are as solid defensively as UMD is. I would expect a different result tonight. Either a tie or a UMD win.

Aren't as solid as that UMD team that gave up 4 goals to the basically worst offense in the WCHA if you ask any of you. What leads you to expect a different result? Did you even watch the game last night? If you didn't, it was a total domination, in every way possible. We weren't a preseason number 2 for nothing, even without He Who Shall Not Be Named and Stoa, the talent is there. Now that Kangas is the #1 for sure and we have some offense, I don't see why everyone says we are still garbage and can't make hardly any noise, if we continue to score 3 or 4 we can beat anyone. Its just like March Madness and the NCAA Tournament for college basketball, the team that can get it together near the end of the season will be the winner, no matter what has happened early in the season, as long as they are dancing. I'm not by any means saying the Gophers are going to win the national championship or make the Frozen Four but everyone here is talking like its impossible and could never happen, and I just dont get that. That's it.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't as solid as that UMD team that gave up 4 goals to the basically worst offense in the WCHA if you ask any of you. What leads you to expect a different result? Did you even watch the game last night? If you didn't, it was a total domination, in every way possible. We weren't a preseason number 2 for nothing, even without He Who Shall Not Be Named and Stoa, the talent is there. Now that Kangas is the #1 for sure and we have some offense, I don't see why everyone says we are still garbage and can't make hardly any noise, if we continue to score 3 or 4 we can beat anyone. Its just like March Madness and the NCAA Tournament for college basketball, the team that can get it together near the end of the season will be the winner, no matter what has happened early in the season, as long as they are dancing. I'm not by any means saying the Gophers are going to win the national championship or make the Frozen Four but everyone here is talking like its impossible and could never happen, and I just dont get that. That's it.

arent you suppose to be in arizona partying and soaking up the sun? what the hell are you doing on a computer :D

and sorry, there are only a handful of teams that will win the ncaa bball tourney in the end, bad comparison. its easier in hockey with only 16 teams in but still half of the teams dont have a realistic chance. you arent going to get gpl answers here :silly: nobody said they are garbage, you just sounded pretty silly when you said msu is awful. thats a halarious statement. if the are that awful you better sweep them 6-0 7-2 next weekend. its gona be a hell of a match up i think but not a walk over like you think

So after your bounced by Mankato next weekend and your season is over what are you going to say then? The Goofs are on the bubble of making the tourney there is a good chance they don't. If the goofs don't make the final five they are done. Same with the BADgers.

arent you suppose to be in arizona partying and soaking up the sun? what the hell are you doing on a computer :D

and sorry, there are only a handful of teams that will win the ncaa bball tourney in the end, bad comparison. its easier in hockey with only 16 teams in but still half of the teams dont have a realistic chance. you arent going to get gpl answers here :silly: nobody said they are garbage, you just sounded pretty silly when you said msu is awful. thats a halarious statement. if the are that awful you better sweep them 6-0 7-2 next weekend. its gona be a hell of a match up i think but not a walk over like you think

lets remind the Minnesota fans again that Mankato is better than the Goofs fans are giving them. They beat two teams Minnesota hasn't C.C. and UMN.

That's where you're wrong, I'll be in Arizona NEXT weekend, and the week after that ;)

I'm on my computer sitting here in my room in Minneapolis, waiting for the game, but I can't go tonight, lets just say other plans came up, but I'll be on my computer and being able to watch the game every now and then, sold my ticket :D Terrible day in my life.

Anyway, how about George Mason last year? Would anyone have said they would have been one of the "handful of teams"? Maybe nobody said they were garbage per se, but no one's giving the Gophers a chance. Like I said, awful, maybe that was a bit extreme, but slightly overrated and very beatable, definitely. I honestly think we can sweep them, maybe not by those scores, especially since Kangas Khan can't seem to shutout anyone. If we keep the offense up and can score 3 goals a night then we most definitely will be in the Final 5. Agreed it will be a hell of a matchup, not a walkover but honestly I think we would be the favorites.

So after your bounced by Mankato next weekend and your season is over what are you going to say then? The Goofs are on the bubble of making the tourney there is a good chance they don't. If the goofs don't make the final five they are done. Same with the BADgers.

What makes you say that if we don't make the final 5 that we are done? Take care of business today, we go ahead of the BADgers and SCSU, putting us into the Top 10 in the pairwise. Say SOMEHOW we manage to lose the series 2-1 to Mankato, how do we TANK that far in the pairwise? Especially with a win in there....Now realistically I don't think we are going to lose that series but I'm just curious as to how you're SO sure that we are out if we can't win that series... (although I tend to agree)

lets remind the Minnesota fans again that Mankato is better than the Goofs fans are giving them. They beat two teams Minnesota hasn't C.C. and UMN.

You're right, sometimes I need to be reminded that we didn't beat ourselves...

What makes you say that if we don't make the final 5 that we are done? Take care of business today, we go ahead of the BADgers and SCSU, putting us into the Top 10 in the pairwise. Say SOMEHOW we manage to lose the series 2-1 to Mankato, how do we TANK that far in the pairwise? Especially with a win in there....Now realistically I don't think we are going to lose that series but I'm just curious as to how you're SO sure that we are out if we can't win that series... (although I tend to agree)

GopherZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, you are about to find out how good those Gopher rejects really are.

a win tonight and a 3 game loss to mankato you will be on the bubble for sure. then its wait and see what happens in all conference tourneys as if there is a team that wins their tourney then that knocks a team or 2 off the bubble and out. you never know but like you said win tonight and then check the pairwise. the pairwise isnt easy to figure out and is very confusing to many.

GopherZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, you are about to find out how good those Gopher rejects really are.

Yeah they were really good when we played them earlier this year, once again my memory must be failing...the one team we can sweep.

At least you know they are Gopher rejects like the rest of us do :silly:

Yeah they were really good when we played them earlier this year, once again my memory must be failing...the one team we can sweep.

At least you know they are Gopher rejects like the rest of us do :silly:

i thought earlier in the season stuff doesnt matter right now? because the gophs have a 5 game unbeaten streak and msu has won 9 of 12. sounds like a hell of a match up to me

a win tonight and a 3 game loss to mankato you will be on the bubble for sure. then its wait and see what happens in all conference tourneys as if there is a team that wins their tourney then that knocks a team or 2 off the bubble and out. you never know but like you said win tonight and then check the pairwise. the pairwise isnt easy to figure out and is very confusing to many.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I agree. We need to hope that the Badgers/SCSU beat up on each other a little, probably better at this point for someone to sweep (the BADgers I'd presume? not quite sure). Although at this point, if you look at it from the perspective of you, saying only 5 teams from the WCHA will get in, then obvious CC/UND/DU, and Wisconsin/SCSU because one of them will advance to the F5, probably putting them in, correct? That makes 4 teams, leaving the final spot to MSU/UMN. By that logic, say we sweep 'Kato. Are they out? Or even if we just beat them 2-1, are they out? That's why I think 6 teams is very realistic at this point, in my opinion you can count UMD out so out of those 7....

Couldn't have said it better myself, I agree. We need to hope that the Badgers/SCSU beat up on each other a little, probably better at this point for someone to sweep (the BADgers I'd presume? not quite sure). Although at this point, if you look at it from the perspective of you, saying only 5 teams from the WCHA will get in, then obvious CC/UND/DU, and Wisconsin/SCSU because one of them will advance to the F5, probably putting them in, correct? That makes 4 teams, leaving the final spot to MSU/UMN. By that logic, say we sweep 'Kato. Are they out? Or even if we just beat them 2-1, are they out? That's why I think 6 teams is very realistic at this point, in my opinion you can count UMD out so out of those 7....

the gophers sweeping mankato would be very interesting to see in the pairwise as im not up on comparison flipping and so forth. thats for someone else to answer. msu needs to win tonight and then a sweep to umtc may keep them in but im not that sure in the scenerio you aid above. if you beat them 2-1 i dont think they are out. im thinking too much right now, time to crack some beers :silly:

i thought earlier in the season stuff doesnt matter right now? because the gophs have a 5 game unbeaten streak and msu has won 9 of 12. sounds like a hell of a match up to me

I'm not saying they wont be good games, all of them will be "good" in their own sense. I just don't understand how everyone is hyping up Mankato to be SO great and so many people seem assured that the Gophers are going to get swept, just doesn't make sense. I like our chances, especially after the last 5 games, be it that 2 were AA or however you want to put it. This team is going in the right direction at the right time of the season, as the Sioux are, whereas a team like Duluth is tanking. I'll take a team on a roll with solid goaltending that has started to put the puck in the back of the net that has a great history against their opponent any day...

the gophers sweeping mankato would be very interesting to see in the pairwise as im not up on comparison flipping and so forth. thats for someone else to answer. msu needs to win tonight and then a sweep to umtc may keep them in but im not that sure in the scenerio you aid above. if you beat them 2-1 i dont think they are out. im thinking too much right now, time to crack some beers :silly:

Agreed, I shall join you.

umd 1-0 under a minute left in the first against the goofs!

Probably the worst first period we've played all year....playing short-handed almost the entire period, were bound to give up a goal.

Shots on goal 8-4 in favor of UMD.

Gophers on the PP for the first 1:09 of the 2nd, not looking good at all, huge fights so far though.

Probably the worst first period we've played all year....playing short-handed almost the entire period, were bound to give up a goal.

Shots on goal 8-4 in favor of UMD.

Gophers on the PP for the first 1:09 of the 2nd, not looking good at all, huge fights so far though.

no, fights consist of throwing real punches. those are grab ass scrums :silly:

As well you should, as manic as you have been. First your boys are great, then they are bad, then you are up, now you are down.

You made the classic Gopher fan mistake of assuming too much, too early, by figuring that your boys were going to play, and beat, Mankato before the games even started tonight. Now, you give up on the season.

As well you should. Saint Cloud is going to kill your boys. Absolutely kill them. Of course, being good hockey fans, the Minnesota faithful will still turn out in legions at the Final Five. See you there. Oh, wait. You have given up. Just like your boys.

We don't play St. Cloud.

And of course I dont give up on the season, that's just being pissed about losing, lord knows we are going to sweep Mankato, who has also proven me right by being awful losing to Michigan Tech....Cya in the Final Five, and learn to get your facts straight before you start trying to be cool