SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday/Saturday NON sioux Game Discussions

AZSIOUX

Sure am glad that the DU and CC games are the last weekend of the year. If we win tomorrow, DU can not do any better or worse than 3rd. They would have nothing to play for but you don't want to lose to a rival.

DU could still technically get a #1 seed, so they would have something to play for. A sweep over CC would certainly help them in that cause.

Dream scenario: We beat UMD tomorrow and sweep SCSU. CC gets swept by DU and the Sioux win the MacNaughton outright. CC or DU still remains a #1 seed, so the Sioux get placed somewhere other than the CO regional.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget Mazokko's (sp - like I care) ever so colorful description "The smoooooth skating of Pelatier".

How about Darby answering questions. He was a good player but he is in way over his head whether it is the Goofs, Wild or especially HS. During some of the HS games it was obvious he had no real idea about these players. As much as Gorg bugs me atleast he can speak!

DU could still technically get a #1 seed, so they would have something to play for. A sweep over CC would certainly help them in that cause.

Dream scenario: We beat UMD tomorrow and sweep SCSU. CC gets swept by DU and the Sioux win the MacNaughton outright. CC or DU still remains a #1 seed, so the Sioux get placed somewhere other than the CO regional.

True. I guess I was just looking at it from the WCHA point of view but that helps us even more. One has to think that losing to Tech tonight though couldn't have helped them at all.

True. I guess I was just looking at it from the WCHA point of view but that helps us even more. One has to think that losing to Tech tonight though couldn't have helped them at all.

In reviewing the latest PWR I can't help but feel that the NCAA will send UM to WI. And we will end up in CO as the 1 or 2 seed. That would allow them to get rid of a top flight WCHA team an ensure that the Eastern teams make it to the FF. Can't help but be paranoid when the NCAA is involved in our future.

Yep, UND moved into a tie for 2nd with UNH and CC fell to 4th. Mankato moved up to 11 and has a little cushion (for now) over the Minnesota, Duluth and Wisconsin.

Bizarre how Michigan's loss to Ferris State didn't slam them as bad CC's loss considering Ferris State isn't even a TUC and CC's loss was to a ranked team. :silly:?

In reviewing the latest PWR I can't help but feel that the NCAA will send UM to WI. And we will end up in CO as the 1 or 2 seed. That would allow them to get rid of a top flight WCHA team an ensure that the Eastern teams make it to the FF. Can't help but be paranoid when the NCAA is involved in our future.

If either CC or Denver get a 1 which seems very likely, I doubt we would get put out in CO (and in the case of CC, we couldn't be). I don't see us falling to a 2 but if we did, I agree we likely would get sent out west unless either the other team of Denver and CC was also a 2. I guess I think we will be out east or possibly in Madison if we get the overall 1 and WI isn't a 4.

After the all WCHA F4 in 2005, there was a talk that the NC$$ would make sure it wouldn't happen again. So, your not being paranoid.

If UND and CC are both #1 seeds, then we won't get sent to CC for the West Regional. Count on it, even in the world of NCAAism.

Madison is a possibility, but Albany is even more likely. (Sending Michigan to Madison for a heavyweight Big Ten matchup in front of 15000 at the Kohl would be the NCAA $$wet dream.)

Bizarre how Michigan's loss to Ferris State didn't slam them as bad CC's loss considering Ferris State isn't even a TUC and CC's loss was to a ranked team. :silly:?

That's exactly it. CC lost to a TUC, so it hurt their TUC record. So at least for PWR, its better to lose to a bad team than a good one. Although losing to a bad team hurts your RPI more. Michigan had such a big RPI lead, that the Ferris loss didn't hurt them as much. CC's RPI drop after the loss allow UND to flip the comparison for now.

In other news, UND is now #1 in KRACH.

If either CC or Denver get a 1 which seems very likely, I doubt we would get put out in CO (and in the case of CC, we couldn't be). I don't see us falling to a 2 but if we did, I agree we likely would get sent out west unless either the other team of Denver and CC was also a 2. I guess I think we will be out east or possibly in Madison if we get the overall 1 and WI isn't a 4.

It will be very hard to overcome NH. Actually I need someone to explain how it is possible. With that in mind I don't see the Sioux getting higher then 3rd overall seed which would send them out East like you mentioned.

It will be very hard to overcome NH. Actually I need someone to explain how it is possible. With that in mind I don't see the Sioux getting higher then 3rd overall seed which would send them out East like you mentioned.

Yeah I tend to think we will head out East. I don't see CC dropping out of a 1, although it could happen. They will try to place Michigan in WI at almost all cost. UW basically controls how that will go with their play in the next couple of weeks. That leaves us out East if we win. I wouldn't mind being the 3 or 4 because that means Miami is more likely to be our 2 seed which has everyone licking their lips.

Yeah I tend to think we will head out East. I don't see CC dropping out of a 1, although it could happen. They will try to place Michigan in WI at almost all cost. UW basically controls how that will go with their play in the next couple of weeks. That leaves us out East if we win. I wouldn't mind being the 3 or 4 because that means Miami is more likely to be our 2 seed which has everyone licking their lips.

Great point!

For UND to flip the comparison with New Hampshire, two things need to happen.

First, we need to keep on winning, enough that our RPI stays ahead of them.

Second, we need to flip the "Common Opponents COP" part of the PWR with NH. For that to happen, i) we need to play and beat CC, and ii) NH needs to play BC and lose to BC.

If that all happens, we flip the New Hampshire comparison. (Theoretically, it might be possible for the TUC comparison to flip, but that's such a remote possibility we can count that out.)

Noticed you were from LR. Should have expected that kind of great insight from Gods country!