SiouxSports.com Forum

Another One Jumps Ship to the Pros

Siouxman

we will have to see how bishop fares in the ncaa again next season, i have a feeling he could be a decent college player, but im still not sold on grieco, has never shown any consistency. all in all, this is a bad thing for all of college hockey. a very ugly trend, and i hope that college hockey and the nhl can figure something out to prevent this in the future.

Has Bishop (re)committed anywhere?

...all in all, this is a bad thing for all of college hockey. a very ugly trend, and i hope that college hockey and the nhl can figure something out to prevent this in the future.

I agree with your assessment that this is a negative trend. I honestly don't know what college hockey can do to stop it, though. When considering major juniors and the European leagues, the NHL is dealing with professional players and contract law; college hockey

theres really nothing that can be done. it sucks but there hasnt been that many that have just bolted to the pros like okposo. a hamdful over the years and the trotter situation has nothing to do with this issue. way different. i dotn think anything can be done and will be done.

I wonder if there was anything beyond playing time that contributed to Bishop leaving early.

Hunter thought he'd be playing another year in the BCHL when he got the call from UND. The team had lost a few from the prior year and needed to fill some spots, and Hunter was on the list. Once here, he didn't feel that he was getting the playing time to develop like he wanted to, and thought it was best to make the move back to the BCHL.

So far, he has been doing a great job in the BCHL. It was a good move for him.

Hunter thought he'd be playing another year in the BCHL when he got the call from UND. The team had lost a few from the prior year and needed to fill some spots, and Hunter was on the list. Once here, he didn't feel that he was getting the playing time to develop like he wanted to, and thought it was best to make the move back to the BCHL.

So far, he has been doing a great job in the BCHL. It was a good move for him.

it was a good move for him to get playing time but who knows if he wouldnt have been patient and maybe he would have been a every night player this season on a top team in the nation. my guess is he would have but its a "i want it now" society these days and in hockey some kids arent willing to wait their turn. happens every year with a good handful of colleges

Good point, both players left because they weren't playing. I wish Bishop would have come back to UND. His point totals this year are impressive. Grieco is probably going to be playing in Canadian Bar league in a couple of years.

If JPL goes down we may be looking for a Canadian Bar League goaltender to step in .....

hey maybe for next year also :lol: