SiouxSports.com Forum

McFeely Proposes a Conference

The Sicatoka

Trinity Bible College, Aaker's Business College, Josef's School of Hair Design? Looks more like a list of UND non-conference football or basketball opponents than NDSU's future conference mates.

Yeah, the Stream Yellow crowd can follow their team to the Ozarks or the Oklahoma panhandle for conference play.

Unlike some of our friendlier rivalries, there seems to be real hatred between some Sioux and Bison fans. In an attempt to raise these arguments to the level of civil, I requested last Fall that Bison fans refrain from intentional misspellings of UND and its nickname (which just serves to inflame, so reduces the likelihood of logic-based responses). Those Bison fans who remain have been generally quite courteous, so I would be remiss in not requesting reciprocity from UND fans.

That said, "screaming yellow" should go down in history as one of the biggest marketing blunders ever. Even spelled properly, it brings an unpleasant image to mind ;)

teamsioux Posted on Apr 14 2003, 08:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, Tony....let's remember who the Bison did play in BB this year, yes that Bible College. 

UM Crookston also should be added to this new conference to raise the strength of schedule. It's not every year that a team can claim to having defeated Ellendale and Crookston.

That said, "screaming yellow" should go down in history as one of the biggest marketing blunders ever. Even spelled properly, it brings an unpleasant image to mind :huh:

Agreed...when I went back to ND from California to visit right after they started that little campaign, I laughed my a$$ off........However, we Sioux fans can't laugh too much. Anyone remember GANG GREEN? ;)

I checked tonight and it was ABOUT to be the new name for this site, but apparently ganggreen.com is already taken for some crazy war-related site.

Oh no..I might have had to log in under anonymous status from now on in order to maintain some bit of dignity. ;)

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers - as a couple of you recognized, my claim that those schools were more likely to be UND non-conference opponents than NDSU conference mates was supposed to be funny.

But here I go again, since when has a trademark stopped UND from using something, Sicatoka?

I thought that maybe Jim would want to use www.thefarce.com. That is original (that's not sarcasm, it is original). Two problems though: the address is inhabited by squatters and Kermit is owned by Disney. You don't want to screw with Disney.

Speaking of green things and unoriginal names - whatever happened to Thunder the Bleacher Creature, that loveable, overgrown muppet gone bad with drugs and booze? Did he have to be put down?

I did some searching on "Bleacher Creature" and found this... very interesting...

Bleacher Creature

I'm thinking of doing a film on the Bleacher Creature's rise to fame, his gradual fall from grace, and the mystery of his(?) disappearance (did his demands to become UND's official mascot figure have anything to do with it?) This project has E! Television written all over it.