SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

kr

The MI-MN winner should win it all.  Key word:  Should.

If you're implying that the western teams are clearly better than the eastern teams, I have to disagree. The third period was a little ragged but I honestly think we will see a h*ll of a final game against two very good teams. I would give UNH a slight edge over Michigan. Maybe Minnesota a slight edge over UNH.

Won't get into the dirty stuff .......... but Cornell did their fair share of "bumping" the goalie -- also didn't the announcers mention a "face wash" too? .... Cornell did have to fight through a lot of crap, however, they were awarded pp chances .... they needed to convert on a few more.

I guess that is what I'm implying since it's going to East v. West. Neither team this afternoon seemed well coached. Way to many dumb penalties IMO. You're right, it will be a heck of a game, but if UNH takes that many dumb penalties against either MN or MI they will be toast. Stay out of the box and it wil be a close game. Ayers was impressive.

And like I said, "Should" is the key word.

Edit - I'd like to thank announcer Norton for telling me, when there was about a minute left, that this was a crucial part of the game. Thanks Bob, you da man.

but if UNH takes that many dumb penalties against either MN or MI they will be toast.

Sorry if I misinterpreted you. I absolutely agree that UNH will have to play with a lot more discipline against either Minnesota or Michigan. Also, I thought both teams generated a couple good chances on one on one rushes. Since I think there is more overall team speed on the UofMs, this could pose a problem for UNH.

How come you aren't in Buffalo?

I'm with Greyeagle on this one -- the western team should win. Truthfully, with the shelling UNH took last year in the final 4, I really expected them to come out stronger today (basically the same team and same coach) -- but Cornell had them on their heels ..... that disallowed goal, I think, was huge -- it woke up UNH. But even then UNH took stupid penalty after stupid penalty. There is no way Minn/Mich comes out that flat in a final 4 game. (please don't prove me wrong at 5 pm today) I'll give UNH that they played without Lanny Gare, which is significant loss. But if they give up that number of pp chances to Mich/Minn they will lose. Plus look at the number of faceoffs they lost in the 3rd period today .... if they go into a defensive shell against Minn/Mich they'll be in trouble.

It's killing me not to be there...

To make a long story short, we found out my daughter needs to be fitted for hearing aids so spending ~1K for a trip just didn't seem prudent. Plus, regardless of how MN does next year my wife and I are going to Beantown so this year just didn't work out.

UNH is very fast and they play a great 5x5 game.

Edit - I'd like to thank announcer Norton for telling me, when there was about a minute left, that this was a crucial part of the game. Thanks Bob, you da man.

haha...I thought John Madden commentated football?

Both Minnesota and Michigan WILL take advantage of New Hampshire's discipline problem. The Michigan and Minnesota forwards are also too good for New Hampshire to play that type of game. They will simply dance around their defense and I believe they will get some very good opportunities because of this. Ayers will have to play unbelievable if New Hampshire has any chance of winning tomorrow no matter who they play.

Is it a real penalty or did Adam just make that up??? ;)

Come on, it was real because it was on the script. :)

- First goal will be scored by UNH. Done.

- If someone goes up 3, call penalties to get it back under 3. Done.

- If UNH only leads by one late and CU is pressing, call one late to slow down Cornell. Done.

It's all right there on the script Donny was given! :);):)

Plus, regardless of how MN does next year my wife and I are going to Beantown so this year just didn't work out.

Same for me. Wanted to go to Buffalo (even had tickets through the lottery) but couldn't justify cost of going with Sioux not there. Will be in Boston next year - maybe sitting next to the Greyeagles. :)

Same for me. Wanted to go to Buffalo (even had tickets through the lottery) but couldn't justify cost of going with Sioux not there. Will be in Boston next year - maybe sitting next to the Greyeagles. ;)

This potential nightmare will now haunt you for months. :)

Come on, it was real because it was on the script. :)

- First goal will be scored by UNH. Done.

- If someone goes up 3, call penalties to get it back under 3. Done.

- If UNH only leads by one late and CU is pressing, call one late to slow down Cornell. Done.

It's all right there on the script Donny was given! :);):)

Yeah.... I guess that is all part of the DON ADAM hockey officating manual.

***And my no fail prediction for game 2 is that U of M will win!!!***

What was with that OT goal? Montoya didn't even look like he was looking at the guy with the puck. It seemed like he was looking off to his left. It just didn't seem like he was paying attention.

Oh well...congrats to UMN. It was a tough game for me to watch since it was between two of my three least favorite college hockey teams (the other being BC), but still rather enjoyable. It almost seemed textbook for the game to end right at 6pm though, so that I can now see all of the Avs/Wild game.

What was with that OT goal? Montoya didn't even look like he was looking at the guy with the puck. It seemed like he was looking off to his left. It just didn't seem like he was paying attention.

It looked like Ryznar and Montoya both thought Vanek would try to carry behind the net. Both realized the error in their ways too late.

Two questions:

1. Did the NCAA get the cash for admission from Red after the game? The way his team was standing and watching at the end of OT I figure they should be charged as spectators.

2. Did someone leave a wake-up call for Montoya? It was nice of Thomas to not hit him with the puck and arouse him from his slumber. :)

Congrats to Minnesota to be peaking at the right time. (I don't think the Wildcats have enough. And losing to the Wildcats would be almost like losing to SCSU. ;) )