SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Seawolves

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT would've been named to the young stars game for sure. It still makes me laugh that if he buys the boys a steak dinner after the game, he can't legally order a bottle of wine ???

Anyway, I hope the boys worked out the bumps and bruises. Especially the d-corps who were getting pounded down low by the AA forecehck all night.

I think one thing from last night that people are glossing over is that we came back from being down 1-0 against a tight-checking, trapping team. This is a GREAT sign. It is the first come from behind win of the year when the opponent scores first (i think).

The Osh was playing like a man possessed last night. I think he'll keep it up. Duncan is due for a hatty. Let's go out and get the first goal tonight, set the tone, and force them to play up and down hockey...FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY!!!!

Lines from Brad's Blog.

UND's lines

10 Andrew Kozek--7 T.J. Oshie--16 Ryan Duncan

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

19 Evan Trupp--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--22 Brad Malone--15 Brent Davidson

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches: Ryan Martens, Michael Forney, Brad Miller and Jake Marto.

Anchorage's lines

24 Blair Tassone--37 Peter Cartwright--18 Chris Tarkir

21 Josh Lunden--17 Craig Parkinson--9 Kevin Clark

14 Merit Waldrop--20 Paul Crowder--22 Jared Tuton

28 Nick Haddad--34 Brad McCabe--16 Tommy Grant

5 Luke Beaverson--33 Mat Robinson

10 Shane Lovdahl--23 Luka Vidmar

4 Kane Lafranchise--42 Trevor Hunt

1 Bryce Christianson

30 Jon Olthuis

My one wish for tonight is for Matt Frattin to actually hit the net with one of his shots. Whenever he has an open look, he always misses high. It's scary. Early in the season, both games last week at Mankato when we were there, and last night. He always shoots high. Too High.

Please hit the net. The Back of it Preferably.

Hakstol's pre-game comments:

Said after the game last night, you know they'll play hard for 60 minutes. Likely, they'll be even hungrier coming off a loss. I just think they competed hard. We gave up a couple turnovers, to allow them to get back into the game. You have to play a strong 60 minutes against this hockey team. If you play impatient, you'll make turnovers and they feed off that.

Each goal we scored, well...a couple were highlight reel goals. I thought Oshie played great last night, his whole line played well. Trupp showed the skills of his hands. The PK did a good job last night and they need to continue to do that. They've been limiting the shots, and that takes seconds off the penalty clock.

It's a game of mistakes to a certain degree. You'll never play the perfect game. We had 4 or 5 mental errors last night. We gave up a 3 on 1 in the 3rd last night. Some other mental errors too.

Kozek's played well. That's 7 periods he's played with those guys and he's got 2 goals, 2 assists. He needs to keep with what he's doing. That lines was good last night.

From a fans perspective, I hate the clutching and grabbing; from a coaches perspective, it is what it is, and you adjust to it. You play within those parameters.

I thought Phil had 2 tremendous saves in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd as well. It's physical and mental, probably tougher mentally. I think physically, Phil's fresh. The mental issue, he seems to be handling that well, and hopefully he can make the turn again tonight.

Davidson deserves to play. Tough decision taking Martens out because he's played well, but we need that competitiveness to get into the lineup. Brent has earned it and now has to go out tonight to prove that he deserves to be in their next Friday.

My one wish for tonight is for Matt Frattin to actually hit the net with one of his shots. Whenever he has an open look, he always misses high. It's scary. Early in the season, both games last week at Mankato when we were there, and last night. He always shoots high. Too High.

Please hit the net. The Back of it Preferably.

That's the Adam Calder jinx!!! Calder always did that too!!!! ???

Good to see Tech taking it to 'em.

Both CC and DU don't appear to be dominating as much as in the first half.

I figured that it was just a matter of time before all of the injuries and suspensions caught up with CC. They have absolutely no depth remaining so guys are playing hurt and tired.