SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I don't get it, Murray clearly standing in the corner playing the puck and no penalty.

You may be referring to a different moment I didn't see, but I noticed when Murray had his feet outside the trapezoid area, but the puck was within the trapezoid. This is allowed as the puck is the determining factor for playing it outside the trapezoid, not his body. 

http://www.nhlofficials.com/es3519/cat127/rule-situation-of-the-week-series-goalkeepers-restricted-area

9 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Pittsburgh wins and notorious Penguins haters on this forum actually seem giddy about it. Wow, whoda thunk I had that much mind control over people? :lol:

He's possibly two games away from joining your goalie club...at which point, I can only assume your head will explode.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, northdakota18 said:

You may be referring to a different moment I didn't see, but I noticed when Murray had his feet outside the trapezoid area, but the puck was within the trapezoid. This is allowed as the puck is the determining factor for playing it outside the trapezoid, not his body. 

http://www.nhlofficials.com/es3519/cat127/rule-situation-of-the-week-series-goalkeepers-restricted-area

He was in the restricted area in the 1st and 2nd and the puck was close to the boards then the trapezoid. He plays the puck to pull it behind the net. I've seen other goalies that have played the puck while in the restricted area. They might as well get rid of the trapezoid.