SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux in White House??

dden3

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Most of the people you listed are well-known right-wingers. Jordan is pretty apolitical, but I think the others are staunch conservatives. Just like Thomas.

And how do we know if POTUS does or doesn't watch sports on Air Force 1 or in the White House private residence? I am sure POTUS does that whenever he gets the chance. He hates the bubble he has to live in more than most of us could ever imagine.

Manny Ramirez, didn't show up because he just didnt want to go. 

Larry Bird said "If the president wants to see me, he knows where to find me"

Pujols didnt go to see Bush or Obama because of previous humanitarian efforts and signing with a new team.

LaRussa retired 

the four nascar drivers all had scheduling conflicts.

My point being, the President didn't care that they showed up, why should the athlete care about going...

19 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Harrison, says he'll skip the Super Bowl champion's visit to the White House to meet President Barack Obama on Thursday, just as he did when the Steelers were honored by President George W. Bush in June 2006.

"I don't feel the need to go, actually, I don't feel like it's that big a deal to me."

Harrison doesn't believe the invitation is all that special, saying if the Steelers hadn't beaten the Cardinals 27-23 with a last-minute rally, "He [Obama] would have invited Arizona."

You can try and spin it anyway you want but Harrison explains it the best and proves that it is just a Dog and Pony show to make it seem like the President is a regular person.

Shoot, if I am ever president I am going to change it up. Instead of inviting the World Series Champs, and the Super Bowl Champs, et al. I am going to invite just a bunch of randos, like the guy who wins the MTG World Championship.

12 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... that is the most foolish thing I have heard all week.

1. We were comparing NCAA sports, not college hockey to a different league not associated with the NCAA

2. 30% of NHL rosters are made up of players who played in the NCAA

3. the only ones that consider MAJOR JUNIORS (difference between Junior hockey and Major Juniors) a step above college hockey are the ones who run the CHL, WHL and the QMJHL

1. I understand that but the ncaa is not the only feeder league into the NHL. NCAA football is the only feeder league into the nfl.

2.  So what? double that percentage played major juniors.

3. Ok

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:04 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

This is what was wrong with it. This was supposed to be about the team, not about him getting his jock strap in a bunch over something totally unrelated to the game of hockey or winning the Stanley Cup. And nobody in the media held a gun to his head and told him to say that.

Respect the office (POTUS) and your team, that simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1