SiouxSports.com Forum

Matt Cooke signed by Wild

MafiaMan

That is not a fact, it is your biased and unobjective opinion. No, he isn't a "slash and run little b-I-c-h". He is an honorable player, and you will not find anybody in hockey who works harder.

You're still talking about Matt Cooke, right? :)

So Goon and DaveK, what are your respective opinions on Claude Lemieux as a player? 'Honorable' champion or total turtling thug? Did he deserve to have his a$$ kicked by Darren McCarty in 1997 or was it not his fault that Kris Draper's face got re-arranged in the 1996 playoffs?

What about Scott Stevens? Remember him knocking Eric Lindros into retirement? Open-ice clean hit or total cheap-shot elbow to the head of a player looking the other way.

I'm curious as to your thoughts...

Why is Cooke with the Wild?

The same reason Semenko and McSorley were Oilers.

The same McSorley who years later used his stick as a softball bat against Donald Brashear? His career is forever scarred by that incident.

So Goon and DaveK, what are your respective opinions on Claude Lemieux as a player? 'Honorable' champion or total turtling thug? Did he deserve to have his a$$ kicked by Darren McCarty in 1997 or was it not his fault that Kris Draper's face got re-arranged in the 1996 playoffs?

I'm curious as to your thoughts...

Claude Lemieux is a gutless puke, a dirty player and a fraud as well and this how you deal with turtles like him. I would have loved to have seen Draper get some retribution on him as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D2K0jsg0LE

Scott Stevens, on the other hand, I have tremendous respect for. One of the hardest working players ever to lace up a pair of skates and a great leader on the teams he played for.

...and your opinion of the elbow smashing into Lindros' face is...?

Yet another example of why the cage or full shield should be mandatory at every level of hockey. The game just moves so fast that when you move in to lay a check on a player there is no way to be 100% certain before delivering the hit that your elbow won't just happen to end up in the same area as the other guy's face.

Yikes. I'll find the link to the hit where you can see Stevens CLEARLY go out of his way to hit Lindros with his elbow. I couldn't stand Eric Lindros but that hit pretty much destroyed his career.

As I have told other people during different various discussions, the game of hockey moves incredibly fast. I think you're giving Stevens way too much credit if you're implying that his elbow being exactly where it was at the time of the hit was part of the plan all along. Intent is extremely difficult if not downright impossible to prove. I don't think players have ultimate control of exactly where all of their limbs are going to be when they move in at top speed to lay a body check on an opposing player.

With all due respect, DaveK, you can't miss Stevens coming in with the elbow squarely aiming for Lindros' jaw. I have zero doubt that his intent was to put #88 out of the game.

Full shields won't save anyone from a concussion. I should know...I got one while wearing one not while playing hockey, but by playing broomball.

My interpretation of that video is that Evander Kane is a lowlife piece of trash and I would love to see somebody knock him out with a clean but viciously hard open ice hit.

How does this make Kane a lowlife piece of trash? Cooke went after him away from the play and evander did nothing but stood his ground. Cooke was clearly the instigator. Watch it again. Cooke got exactly what was coming to him and got to eat a fresh slice of HUMBLE PIE.

Cooke was clearly the instigator? What video are you watching? To do nothing but "stand your ground" would be to do the bare minimum required to fend off an attack. Kane went way above and beyond "standing his ground". It was a savage attack that screams for retribution. But my kind of retribution is not sending a goon out to fight him... No, the proper way to handle these matters is to bide your time and wait for the perfect opportunity to lay him out with a vicious blindside hit delivered withing the context of breaking up a play or denying a scoring chance.

Cooke was clearly the bully. He went after Kane away from the play. You've watched hockey long enough Dave to know what happens next haven't you? It was far from a savage attack....more so Cooke not being able to back his words up.

Blah blah blah... just further evidence as to how unobjective you are. Is there something in the water around here? Why do so many different people here spew the same BS? Go to a Pittsburgh Penguins forum and spew that garbage, you'd get laughed out of the place in about 10 minutes.

I'm not a fan of the pens or the thrashers (when they were a team). Not even a fan of Kane (until I saw him stand up for himself so humble like). Me thinks it's something in the water in Fargo.

Blah blah blah... just further evidence as to how unobjective you are. Is there something in the water around here? Why do so many different people here spew the same BS? Go to a Pittsburgh Penguins forum and spew that garbage, you'd get laughed out of the place in about 10 minutes.

And talk about getting laughed out of a forum?!?!

I'm talking about YOU getting lauged out of a PENGUINS forum if you try to spread your BS over there. Tell you what, go ahead and do it... send me the link and then let's see if you're received over there any better than I'm received here. Deal? My guess is you don't have the spine. Prove me wrong.

Not so much that I don't have the spine. It's that I don't have the interest.

This is great, just received the following PM from one of the members of this forum:

Sent Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Dave, I enjoy how you annoy the circle jerkers. I wonder how much k-y they go through when the get together. I would like to have a government job like goon so I can sit and post on the taxpayers dime all the time.

Someone on this site is on your side? Is his name Charlie?

I'm talking about YOU getting lauged out of a PENGUINS forum if you try to spread your BS over there. Tell you what, go ahead and do it... send me the link and then let's see if you're received over there any better than I'm received here. Deal? My guess is you don't have the spine. Prove me wrong.

Let's go over to GPL and talk smack about Seth Helgeson and see how many Gopher fans jump to our defense and back us up. No surprise that a pro-Penguins forum would back Matt Cooke...

• Upvote 1

Sent Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Dave, I enjoy how you annoy the circle jerkers. I wonder how much k-y they go through when the get together. I would like to have a government job like goon so I can sit and post on the taxpayers dime all YOU This is great, just received the following PM from one of the members of this forum:

So, Charliepic aka Watchmker49 who miraculously appeared on line after Watchmaker49 was banned from the Sioux Sports site by the management for being a flipping jerk and threatening people via direct message. Is also passive aggressive as well, I guess.

To answer your gutless, indirect, moronic, buffoonish, direct message to another person, it’s really none of your damn business!

1.) What, when, where and how I do my job at work, is none of your concern…? Seriously! Are you stalking me? Maybe you're buddies with a certain internet buffoon/stalker/d-bag from Redwood Falls, Minnesota that I had to ban from my blog that follows me all over the internet. This is also the same clown that put my physical address on-line.

In case you want to know, I also watched good share of the George Zimmerman and Casey Anthony trials at work too, in case you’re taking notes. I also caught the Michael Jackson funeral as well… So friggen what?

2.) Troll, Charliepic aka Watchmaker 49 you really have no clue what I do for a job and I might just happen to have a job where I have a lot of down-time. Don’t you think that a person's work server will block out the items that they’re not supposed to look at?

Any comment’s genius? Since you have all of the answers.

3.) One of the great things about automation, especially for blogger and word press applications, is you can schedule blog posts and then go to work or go golfing, or the pool in your case where you work as a towel boy in the men's locker room. Yes, these posts can actually be scheduled to automatically post. Did you know that on my way to Devils Lake, ND yesterday, I actually magically posted a blog post to Hockey Wilderness, while I was driving down highway two.. Now, I was hardly typing while I was driving my car, but I posted a blog post. Magic, right, Doh!

Lastly, I know for a fact that there are many government workers (City, State Federal) on the computer at work, reading sites like this and many others. So, frigging what… There are also many in the private sector that do as well. I know because I have checked the stats, it's a fact of life. Grow the hell up and stop acting like a pompous entitled ass.

So, Charliepic aka Watchmaker49 aka troll that has already been banned once from this site already, who's is now doing the same things under a different log-in name. Grown the hell up! Uh, I suppose I better be careful, so you don't threaten me in a DM too. Only thing is, you're not going to bully me, never, never, never.

Finally, nice thing about DaveK he actually answers and talks to the people that have a discussion with him, or an an issue or disagreement with him. DaveK not passive aggressive, I have to give him credit for that. In fact, I would say that Dave's solid in that sense. I just think he's dead wrong when it comes to the fighting players versus the ones that I like to refer to as the pukes or Rats.

Edited by Goon

The photo proves that McQuaid looked back, saw it was Cooke, then turned his back for the purpose of drawing a penalty. A very dangerous and bush league move. I have no respect for McQuaid after that incident. Cooke was very popular among Pittsburgh fans and, mark my words, will become very popular among Minnesota fans. He's the kind of player who you love if he plays for your team and hate if he plays for any other team but the one you cheer for. He said after the 2010-11 season that he was going to change his ways and followed through. Case in point, look at how his penalty minutes the past two seasons have been a very small fraction of what they had been in prior seasons.

How do you know why McQuaid was doing? You dont.

Looking back at someone about to smoke you into the boards is bush league? How about the thug putting his head into the glass?

So to recap, fighting in hockey equals bad; cheap shots, chirping and hiding behind the officials is ok if the guy is a 'hard worker'.

That's funny stuff Dave.

• Upvote 2

I like the debate from Goon & Dave but they mud slinging is not good & will lead to the real messages being lost or censored - keep the disagreement without the petty BS

• Upvote 1

I like the debate from Goon & Dave but they mud slinging is not good & will lead to the real messages being lost or censored - keep the disagreement without the petty BS

I think there are some troll's that ruin the discussion. See Response above.