SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CORNELL

AZSIOUX

goren.jpg

Who knows what this weekend will bring for the Sioux. The Sioux come back from Duluth with a Friday tie and Saturday loss adding just 1 point to their WCHA standings. Cornell visits The Ralph after beating Harvard Friday night and Dartmouth Saturday night. Can the Sioux find a way to score goals? Lets hope so and lets hope hak can find some lines that will click.................GO SIOUX

und.gif

Overall Record: 4-7-1 (.375)

WCHA: 4-5-1, 9 points

Home: 2-2-0

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with our scoring problems and the d cornell plays. 1-1 fri, cornell 2-1 sat. :lol:

The Sioux haven't played yet and your conceding defeat. I don't know if you realize this but the Sioux have lost like only one EZAC (Harvard) teams in the past what 29 years.

The Sioux haven't played yet and your conceding defeat. I don't know if you realize this but the Sioux have lost like only one EZAC (Harvard) teams in the past what 29 years.

history doesn't mean sqwaut(sp). I saw in the paper that it had been 46 years since the Bison lost to the jacks in fargo as well. it had been 4 years since we lost to duluth in duluth as well, we just lost to the seawolves for only what the third time in gf a week ago. I go by what we are doing on the ice and offensively we are doing nothing. and defensively it looks like cornell is doing a lot. it would be nice if we could sweep them to give our RPI a boost as every week it seems to go down further and further.

The Sioux haven't even played yet and you're guaranteeing victory? Past history means nothing. You've been saying all over the board about how much parity there is nationwide in college hockey. I have never seen Cornell play in my life, but if their D is as strong as others have stated, I don't think it is irrational to make a prediction that the offensively and defensively challenged 4-7-1 Sioux are going to drop a game.

Goon, I respect your knowledge about college hockey. I learn many things about other teams in the WCHA, as well as teams in other conferences, from reading your blog and your posts here. As far as the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux are concerned, you are turning into The Rug of North Dakota when it comes to homerism. If anyone posts anything stating UND is struggling, you have a bag full of excuses. This team simply isn't playing well right now. They could turn it around and be playing spectacularly in March, but right now it's November, and that's what most Sioux fans are worried about. We'll make predictions and comments about how the team is playing in March when the time comes. Today is November 23rd, and the Sioux just went winless against one of the worst teams in the WCHA, in disappointing fashion, nonetheless.

I would like to think playing at home should would ensure we come away with at least 1 win, but that is certainly no guarantee. I think Eidsness gives us a shutout and a split.

The Sioux haven't even played yet and you're guaranteeing victory? Past history means nothing. You've been saying all over the board about how much parity there is nationwide in college hockey. I have never seen Cornell play in my life, but if their D is as strong as others have stated, I don't think it is irrational to make a prediction that the offensively and defensively challenged 4-7-1 Sioux are going to drop a game.

Goon, I respect your knowledge about college hockey. I learn many things about other teams in the WCHA, as well as teams in other conferences, from reading your blog and your posts here. As far as the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux are concerned, you are turning into "The Rug of North Dakota when it comes to homerism". If anyone posts anything stating UND is struggling, you have a bag full of excuses. This team simply isn't playing well right now. They could turn it around and be playing spectacularly in March, but right now it's November, and that's what most Sioux fans are worried about. We'll make predictions and comments about how the team is playing in March when the time comes. Today is November 23rd, and the Sioux just went winless against one of the worst teams in the WCHA, in disappointing fashion, nonetheless.

I would like to think playing at home should would ensure we come away with at least 1 win, but that is certainly no guarantee. I think Eidsness gives us a shutout and a split.

I didn't guarantee a win but I am saying UND isn't as bad as some have stated. I don't think the Sioux are going to cower in fear of the Big Red and last time I checked this Cornell the same team that is in the EZAC they aren't world beaters. I expect UND to play competatively and win. I am not about to concede defeat before the boys even play.

Also, just for the record I have all of my hair but that statement does make me laugh. You will also see that I am not happy but I am not going to be a pissy pants, my wife and co-workers would kill me.

history doesn't mean sqwaut(sp). I saw in the paper that it had been 46 years since the Bison lost to the jacks in fargo as well. it had been 4 years since we lost to duluth in duluth as well, we just lost to the seawolves for only what the third time in gf a week ago. I go by what we are doing on the ice and offensively we are doing nothing. and defensively it looks like cornell is doing a lot. it would be nice if we could sweep them to give our RPI a boost as every week it seems to go down further and further.

Just for the record C.C. lost to UAA as well.

I didn't guarantee a win but I am saying UND isn't as bad as some have stated. I don't think the Sioux are going to cower in fear of the Big Red and last time I checked this Cornell the same team that is in the EZAC they aren't world beaters. I expect UND to play competatively and win. I am not about to concede defeat before the boys even play.

Also, just for the record I have all of my hair but that statement does make me laugh. You will also see that I am not happy but I am not going to be a pissy pants, my wife and co-workers would kill me.

Hats off to you for posting that in your blog. All I'll say in response is your blog post is very similar to many of the posts here you have been ripping on this season.

Hats off to you for posting that in your blog. All I'll say in response is your blog post is very similar to many of the posts here you have been ripping on this season.

I wouldn't say I am ripping them I just don't like defeatism and by trade I tend to be a moderately positive person. I mean if UND sucks this season I will still get season tickets next seaosn and I will still go to all of the games. I hate losing, it sucks. I hate losing in Golf (which I suck at).

I hate not shooting as many ducks or Pheasants as someone else but I don't let it ruin me.

That being said I put the effort of this team so far this season on the coach. It's his job to have them prepared and they are not mentally prepared, there are physically. Most of the crap they have done this season is pretty easy to fix, Its fundamentals.

well folks i have always thought there will be other days and other games for the sioux to turn their season around. the past four years have taught me that this team can usually turn it on and salvage the season. But i have to say that i don't like this team. The passing isn't there, nobody finishes. Goaltending is ok and is the only thing i like about the team. I believe Eidesness will be the number one and i think later this year or even next he will be good.

i am a ide hard sioux fan but also a realist and i will be happy if this team makes it into the final five and a last bid into the tourney beyond that i have no expectations.

I wouldn't say I am ripping them I just don't like defeatism and by trade I tend to be a moderately positive person. I mean if UND sucks this season I will still get season tickets next seaosn and I will still go to all of the games. I hate losing, it sucks. I hate losing in Golf (which I suck at).

I hate not shooting as many ducks or Pheasants as someone else but I don't let it ruin me.

That being said I put the effort of this team so far this season on the coach. It's his job to have them prepared and they are not mentally prepared, there are physically. Most of the crap they have done this season is pretty easy to fix, Its fundamentals.

this team is BAD right now. there is no sugar coating it at all. sorry there isnt. it doesnt mean they cant turn it around because they have talent but they cant score to save their lives and if you dont score you cant win. hockey 101

this team is BAD right now. there is no sugar coating it at all. sorry there isnt. it doesnt mean they cant turn it around because they have talent but they cant score to save their lives and if you dont score you cant win. hockey 101

scoring is what you need to do to win hockey games? not just cycle the puck? :lol:

Let's hope Hakstol changes up the lines this week in practice. There has to be something wrong with the chemistry on the ice when we only score in 3 out of 17 power plays. Maybe it's time to put the blue collars workers (Martens, Lamoreau, Davidson out there instead of the "blue Chip Players" Just because you are not highly scouted or drafted doesn't mean that you can't play college hockey. But you sure can't score sitting in the stands or riding the pine all the time. Maybe it's time to shake things up a bit since it's pretty obvious that what we're doing is not working!!!

you know things aren't going well when AZSIOUX and Goon are saying this team is bad.

they are bad and not the last 2 weekends have proven that easily. that doesnt mean things cant change though. i think the young players are very capable of scoring but the veterens need to step up now. i havent given up on this team at all and nobody else should but we have to call it how it is right now and thats very easy to spot. the PP is so bad right now. the defense has 1 goal total on the year and it came from a foward playing defense last weekend (not that we have any forwards tearing it up either). i know things will turn around but lets not make it so damn late this year because the sioux are already 3 games under .500 with a tough series coming up at the ralph. i dont give a crap what our record is in the past vs ECAC teams like goon pointed out. it doesnt mean jack crap. just win friday and the go from there!! go sioux

woop some Big%20Red%20gum.jpg ass

and i sure in hell will be there to compliment hak and company when things get turned around as there shouldnt be any problem when fans want to speak their minds when things arent going well. call a spade a spade and thats fine as long as it goes both ways

long live the fighting sioux and LETS SCORE SOME GOALS vs a stingy D thats given up 4 goals in 6 games :lol:

Someone tell Chay to stop forcing so many shots from the point. It's getting ridiculous. He's the reason for so many odd-man rushes at the Frozen Four. Things haven't changed much this year either.

just tell him when you see him on campus :D

it didnt matter what the sioux did in the frozen 4 last year, it was gona be ugly no matter what :)

im still pissed that the damn waiter in brooklyns spilled 3 beers and 4 waters and fried my damn pda :lol::D

just tell him when you see him on campus :D

it didnt matter what the sioux did in the frozen 4 last year, it was gona be ugly no matter what :D

im still pissed that the damn waiter in brooklyns spilled 3 beers and 4 waters and fried my damn pda :lol::D

Haha, I didn't know that happened. Wow that was a !@#!$ day for you. :)

Maybe the team should practice more instead of video taping "TV shows" during the week.

Yeah! They should also be practicing hockey, not soccer, before games!

The away team locker room is right by the bathrooms in the DECC downstairs. I went down there before the game, and the guys were all playing soccer. I didn't really understand that.

Yeah! They should also be practicing hockey, not soccer, before games!

The away team locker room is right by the bathrooms in the DECC downstairs. I went down there before the game, and the guys were all playing soccer. I didn't really understand that.

pretty much every nhl and ahl and minor and college and hockey team has a group that play soccer before games. it simply is a great way to loosen up before a game kicking aroud the ball. it has nothing to do with their play :lol: just some insight for you that most if not all teams do this