18 Boston Univ (HE)

19 Minn-Duluth (WC)

20 Mass-Amherst (HE)

21 Cornell (EC)

22 Niagara (CH)

23 Michigan Tech (WC)

24 Northern Mich (CC)

25 Quinnipiac (EC)

The cut line for the playoffs is now 13 because Clarkson lost to Colgate tonight, so the ECAC winner will be outside the current top 14.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHN - Your Are the Committee is now available.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/yatc.php

Bottom line:

-If UND and CC get to the the F5 champ game - the winner = #1 seed, loser #2 seed, probably in seperate brackets. This assumes no other upsets.

-I don't see how Wisco can make it in

-Can Mankato/UMTC drop out?- only with below the bubble teams pulling upsets - without upsets UMTC ends up 11, MSM 12 in the PWR.

-Hockey East has 2 teams below the bubble left (BU and UVM) the CCHA has 1 (NMich). Notre Dame needs to win at least the 3rd place game to get to 13 in PWR. Mankato will be rooting hard for BC, NH and Mich Friday night.

-A win Sat vs. SCSU and a win Sat vs. MTU would have let us lose to CC and still beat out Miami for #1 seed (assuming Miami loses to Mich Sat.)

I just went through my predicted results and came up with the committee needing the Top 14 teams (2 AQ's outside of that). I came up with Wisconsin and Notre Dame at a tie for the 14th spot. Notre Dame would have a slightly better RPI but with Wisconsin hosting a regional, would the committee give them the last spot for revenue purposes?

I just went through my predicted results and came up with the committee needing the Top 14 teams (2 AQ's outside of that). I came up with Wisconsin and Notre Dame at a tie for the 14th spot. Notre Dame would have a slightly better RPI but with Wisconsin hosting a regional, would the committee give them the last spot for revenue purposes?

The magic number is now 13 - with Clarkson losing, the ECAC auto bid will not be a top 14 PWR, which means you need to be at least 13 in the PWR.

And in Hockey East, 2 out the 4 remaining teams (Vermont and BU) are below 14 in PWR. If one of those team's wins the HE tourny, the last team in the tourny would be PWR 12.

The magic number is now 13 - with Clarkson losing, the ECAC auto bid will not be a top 14 PWR, which means you need to be at least 13 in the PWR.

And in Hockey East, 2 out the 4 remaining teams (Vermont and BU) are below 14 in PWR. If one of those team's wins the HE tourny, the last team in the tourny would be PWR 12.

I'm just going by what it gave me. Clarkson was still T9 in mine after all the games. Oh well, not like predictions actually matter.

I'm just going by what it gave me. Clarkson was still T9 in mine after all the games. Oh well, not like predictions actually matter.

Clarkson is in the tournament - the fact the auto bid from from the ECAC will not be a top 14 PWR team moves the "magic number" for making the NCAA from 14 to 13

thats right with clarkson losing yesterday, just realized that so that knocks a a bubble team off the BUBBLE making it 13 teams that will get in. the wcha wont have a dark horse winning their tourney as all 5 teams in the final 5 will be in the ncaa tourney to knock any other bubble teams off. havent looked at the other tourneys yet. sucks for that 14th team but thats why you need to solidify your spot before these tourneys in case of any confeence tourney upsets

Clarkson is in the tournament - the fact the auto bid from from the ECAC will not be a top 14 PWR team moves the "magic number" for making the NCAA from 14 to 13

The Hockey East playoffs will have either BU or Vermont playing for an autobid. If Northern Michigan somehow stuns the CCHA we could be looking at top 11.

thats right with clarkson losing yesterday, just realized that so that knocks a a bubble team off the BUBBLE making it 13 teams that will get in. the wcha wont have a dark horse winning their tourney as all 5 teams in the final 5 will be in the ncaa tourney to knock any other bubble teams off. havent looked at the other tourneys yet. sucks for that 14th team but thats why you need to solidify your spot before these tourneys in case of any confeence tourney upsets

teams in the CCHA (other than Mich or Miami) and HE (other than UNH or BC) still have a chance to take up one or two more slots. Seems like this is the biggest mess the pairwise has been in ever at this point of the season.

CHN - Your Are the Committee is now available.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/yatc.php

Bottom line:

-If UND and CC get to the the F5 champ game - the winner = #1 seed, loser #2 seed, probably in seperate brackets. This assumes no other upsets.

-I don't see how Wisco can make it in

-Can Mankato/UMTC drop out?- only with below the bubble teams pulling upsets - without upsets UMTC ends up 11, MSM 12 in the PWR.

-Hockey East has 2 teams below the bubble left (BU and UVM) the CCHA has 1 (NMich). Notre Dame needs to win at least the 3rd place game to get to 13 in PWR. Mankato will be rooting hard for BC, NH and Mich Friday night.

-A win Sat vs. SCSU and a win Sat vs. MTU would have let us lose to CC and still beat out Miami for #1 seed (assuming Miami loses to Mich Sat.)

Update - it looks like the only way Wisco can make the tournament is if Notre Dame loses twice this weekend, and there are not any more low seeded auto bids making the tournament.

http://www.madison.com/tct/blogs/icehouse/277400

The Hockey East playoffs will have either BU or Vermont playing for an autobid. If Northern Michigan somehow stuns the CCHA we could be looking at top 11.

wow, that would be crazy and knock 2-3 wcha teams out if gophs lose thursday night, along with uw and msu..crazy

Update - it looks like the only way Wisco can make the tournament is if Notre Dame loses twice this weekend, and there are not any more low seeded auto bids making the tournament.

http://www.madison.com/tct/blogs/icehouse/277400

I gave Notre Dame two losses, had Michigan, UNH, Harvard, and CC winning autobids, and still only get Wisco tied for 14 with Notre Dame, but losing the RPI tiebreaker (if that is the tiebreaker), so, still not in. Must have to follow Milewski's scenario exactly.

By my calculations, we are a huge fan of Notre Dame right now, as them beating Miami, pretty much secures a 1 seed for us, as long as we win 1 game at the F5(doesn't matter which one.)

Right - if they lose to ND, they would either face NMich who by then would not be a TUC, or Mich. If they beat NMich we would win the TUC comparison with them. If they beat Mich, Miami would move to a #1 and Mich would drop below us to a #2 seed.

It also looks like UNH is the only team that is a lock for a #1 seed - I can only drop them to #4 overall with them losing to BC Friday. HE is the only conf without a 3rd place game this weekend.

Ok, check this out.

Put in this scenario:

Notre Dame over Miami

Michigan over Northern Mich.

Harvard over Cornell

Princeton over Colgate

BU over Vermont

New Hampshire 0ver BC

Denver over UND

St. Cloud over Minn

UPDATE and:

Michigan over Notre Dame

Miami over Northern Michigan

Princeton over Harvard

Cornell over Colgate

New Hampshire over BU

Colorado College over St. Cloud

UPDATE and:

UND over St. Cloud

Denver over Colorado College

Here are the rankings you get:

1 [AQ] Michigan (Mi) 24 .5950*

2 [AQ] New Hampshire (NH) 23 .5810*

3 Colorado College (CC) 22 .5885

4 North Dakota (ND) 21 .5819

5 Miami (Mm) 20 .5790*

6 [AQ] Denver (DU) 19 .5683

Now, go back and switch the Miami/Northern Michigan game to a tie and you get:

1 [AQ] Michigan (Mi) 24 .5953*

2 [AQ] New Hampshire (NH) 23 .5809*

3 Miami (Mm) 22 .5755*

4 Colorado College (CC) 21 .5885

5 North Dakota (ND) 20 .5820

6 [AQ] Denver (DU) 19 .5684

A tie in this scenario for Miami, would be better than a win. The reason - by beating Northern Michigan, NMU would not be a TUC, if Miami ties them, then NMU would become a TUC and would give them the comparison over UND. Really beginning to hate the TUCliff.

Ok, check this out.

Put in this scenario:

Notre Dame over Miami

Michigan over Northern Mich.

Harvard over Cornell

Princeton over Colgate

BU over Vermont

New Hampshire 0ver BC

Denver over UND

St. Cloud over Minn

UPDATE and:

Michigan over Notre Dame

Miami over Northern Michigan

Princeton over Harvard

Cornell over Colgate

New Hampshire over BU

Colorado College over St. Cloud

UPDATE and:

UND over St. Cloud

Denver over Colorado College

Here are the rankings you get:

1 [AQ] Michigan (Mi) 24 .5950*

2 [AQ] New Hampshire (NH) 23 .5810*

3 Colorado College (CC) 22 .5885

4 North Dakota (ND) 21 .5819

5 Miami (Mm) 20 .5790*

6 [AQ] Denver (DU) 19 .5683

Now, go back and switch the Miami/Northern Michigan game to a tie and you get:

1 [AQ] Michigan (Mi) 24 .5953*

2 [AQ] New Hampshire (NH) 23 .5809*

3 Miami (Mm) 22 .5755*

4 Colorado College (CC) 21 .5885

5 North Dakota (ND) 20 .5820

6 [AQ] Denver (DU) 19 .5684

A tie in this scenario for Miami, would be better than a win. The reason - by beating Northern Michigan, NMU would not be a TUC, if Miami ties them, then NMU would become a TUC and would give them the comparison over UND. Really beginning to hate the TUCliff.

Are ties even possible in the CCHA playoffs?