SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Ice Breaker Invitational

sioux/bufan

I was at the BU game last night in my Sioux Jersey and a BU fan stopped me and mentioned that BU will be hosting the Ice Breaker Invitation in 2008 and UND will be playing along with Massachusetts and Michigan St.

Does anyone know if it

I was at the BU game last night in my Sioux Jersey and a BU fan stopped me and mentioned that BU will be hosting the Ice Breaker Invitation in 2008 and UND will be playing along with Massachusetts and Michigan St.

Does anyone know if it’s true that UND will be playing in the Ice Breaker next season?

Yes, I've been told the same thing.

The first round pairings are BU vs. UND and UMass vs. Michigan St.

A BU fan informed me of the same thing.

It sounds like the Sioux will be in both the Ice Breaker and the GLI tourneys next year. That's cool, and that will give them the chance to play some good OOC teams for PWR implications. No cupcakes in either of those tourneys. And as we see this year, even with a .500 league record, as long as we play well against some quality OOC teams, we should be in good standing with the PWR.

Assumably this would be in Boston at either BU's rink or where the Bruins play, yes?

Yes, at Agganis . . . it's no palace on the prairie, but we like it just fine.

It's also fog-free since 2005 (Seeing as how that's a problem when the Sioux come to town)

And we serve beer :D

Yes, at Agganis . . . it's no palace on the prairie, but we like it just fine.

It's also fog-free since 2005 (Seeing as how that's a problem when the Sioux come to town)

And we serve beer :D

From what I have been told you don't have to worry about fog either.

It's nice that UND is finally in this again, but we should be hosting the thing. Also, why UMass along with BU. I like that all leagues are represented. I'd rather have Clarkson or St. Lawrence in this, so we get some common opponents points against the ECAC schools. That's always helpful in the PWR.

• 3 weeks later...
It's nice that UND is finally in this again, but we should be hosting the thing. Also, why UMass along with BU. I like that all leagues are represented. I'd rather have Clarkson or St. Lawrence in this, so we get some common opponents points against the ECAC schools. That's always helpful in the PWR.

Does anybody have the dates for this tournament?? Would October 10-11 be a good guess??