SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

i think the situation is pretty obvious. i understand what you are saying but we are riding phil. he hasnt blown any games by himself and continues to play pretty well overall this season. if phil goes down then things could get very interesting but lets remember who walski is. hes a 3rd string walk on that has done the right things over the years to be where he is right now. yeah i know a few people here say he stopped a milion pucks in a state title game so why not play him but phil isnt the problem we cant get sweeps. its a team effort overall. hes a walk on 3rd stringer that is a 2nd stringer now for a few reasons. if he was a backup that hak thought was ok to play, he would have maybe played a game already. i want our #1 guy in every game no matter what and thats phil. maybe he gets a start vs bemidji state but then again, thats a important non conference game. phil will play every game this season unless the wcha standings are set in stone before the final series then maybe, but probably not. i understand the iunjury factor for sure but otherwise theres no reason not to play phil

go sioux

JPL has been solid and one of our most consistant players night in and out. Ride him to get wins!! With the D in front of him, average play from JPL this year would have us at about 5-6 wins.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like us to sweep but have a feeling of a win and a tie.I was up for the NH series and was happy with some of what I saw but frustrated with Saturday night outcome. SCSU really gets up for games against us so we have to be ready. For those of you coming for the game let's be vocal during the game. The Ralph was pretty quiet I thought. No students there but the rest of us have voices. Let's use them. Go Sioux!

I predict a split. It always seems tough for the Sioux to sweep in St. Cloud. St. Cloud has a dangerous offense and will score some goals I think. The Sioux will need to bury their chances this weekend.

here is hoping dagies is wrong.

I predict a split. It always seems tough for the Sioux to sweep in St. Cloud. St. Cloud has a dangerous offense and will score some goals I think. The Sioux will need to bury their chances this weekend.

I usually just read but I figure that we will sweep... maybe my prediction will help instead of just hoping good things, I will post them... It just has to happen soon it can't go on! We look so much better than alot of teams I have watched lately and it just has to start I cant handle it...

After our 3rd period performance against UNH, I would absolutely shocked if we were to sweep SCSU. I just hope we can get a split. Despite the up-coming weaker schedule, I predict a struggle the rest of the way for this team to gain home ice for the WCHA playoffs.

im hoping we can take advantage of it really. not that any wcha game is a pushover by anymeans.not saying that, just compared to our first half schedule being ghe toughest in the nation and just being 2 games over .500, thats all. anything to grab a little momentum..a 3 or 4 game win streak can do wonders for any team.

SCSU split with CC and took Miami to OT. They have lost six, 1-goal games in the WCHA. Technically 5, but the 2-goal loss to UMD on 10/20 included an empty-netter. They've also played virtually the same first half WCHA schedule as we have sub AA for MN. This is not a team that we can look beyond. THey have some skilled forwards upfront who can really score and move the puck. We need to move our feet.

SCSU split with CC and took Miami to OT. They have lost six, 1-goal games in the WCHA. Technically 5, but the 2-goal loss to UMD on 10/20 included an empty-netter. They've also played virtually the same first half WCHA schedule as we have sub AA for MN. This is not a team that we can look beyond. THey have some skilled forwards upfront who can really score and move the puck. We need to move our feet.

They are going to be looking for revenge from last season as well...

SCSU looks to me to be a team that could very easily do some damage. They've lost some close games this year, and they are explosive. Two best teams in the WCHA so far: Denver and CC; two scariest teams: UND and SCSU.

Roe, Lasch and Nodl might make up the best forward line in the COUNTRY. They've combined for 80 points this year so far. All three are in the top 10 in national scoring.

Noone doubts the talent level of Duncs and Osh, but these SCSU guys are doing what Osh and Duncs should be doing.

This will be the biggest test of our d corps yet this year. We responded well versus R & R out in Denver, hopefully we can do the same here. No UNH or UMN performance accepted.

I'd put Vande back with Duncs and Osh, and put Kaiper back with Malone and Watkins. Trupp with Frattin and Genoway. Zajac with Radke and Kozek.

I also think we need to split up Chorney, Bina and Finley. Marto, Jones and Lapointe all play.

SCSU will have last line change, but we have to try and match up with that top line.

SCSU looks to me to be a team that could very easily do some damage. They've lost some close games this year, and they are explosive. Two best teams in the WCHA so far: Denver and CC; two scariest teams: UND and SCSU.

Roe, Lasch and Nodl might make up the best forward line in the COUNTRY. They've combined for 80 points this year so far. All three are in the top 10 in national scoring.

Noone doubts the talent level of Duncs and Osh, but these SCSU guys are doing what Osh and Duncs should be doing.

This will be the biggest test of our d corps yet this year. We responded well versus R & R out in Denver, hopefully we can do the same here. No UNH or UMN performance accepted.

I'd put Vande back with Duncs and Osh, and put Kaiper back with Malone and Watkins. Trupp with Frattin and Genoway. Zajac with Radke and Kozek.

I also think we need to split up Chorney, Bina and Finley. Marto, Jones and Lapointe all play.

SCSU will have last line change, but we have to try and match up with that top line.

I havent seen any scsu games yet but do those 3 all play together on the same line? all 3 of those guys are scary good offensively. they must drop off like no other after that though seeing where they stand overall. i suppose goaltending and defense may be a problem as well. should be some fun up and down hockey hopefully

I'm in Mpls, so I've had a chance to see SCSU a couple times on 45. I saw one of the games vs CC, and it was the game where Roe was hurt. The announcers made it sound like those 3 are on the same line...think Parise, Bochenski and Murray.

Wow :D good

Happy New Year to all Sioux Fans!

I'm in Mpls, so I've had a chance to see SCSU a couple times on 45. I saw one of the games vs CC, and it was the game where Roe was hurt. The announcers made it sound like those 3 are on the same line...think Parise, Bochenski and Murray.

Wow :D good

Happy New Year to all Sioux Fans!

I have seen them on the same line. That is about it though, they aren't as deep as UND and their goaltending and defense isn't as good as UND's. They are a decent team that needs to be taken care of.

I have seen them on the same line. That is about it though, they aren't as deep as UND and their goaltending and defense isn't as good as UND's. They are a decent team that needs to be taken care of.

Theirs must really bad because ours hasn't be very good!!

We've got a winning record playing the hardest schedule in the country. Certainly we'd like to see our guys win every night but a ton of teams would be happy to be #8 in the Power Rankings.

Not disagreeing but again when you take into account the returning talent and expectations, they have underachieved, especially defensively. They are still good hockey team, but not playing or have played up to their hype and potential consistantly. Their "easier" upcoming schedule that all have been waiting for still contains all teams in the top 20 minus UAA. Time will tell, especially over the next month+. If splits keep coming we will continue to slip in the pairwise and then who know?? I feel they'll pull it together, but as every weekend has been, this is a huge weekend at SCSU. Minimum split or things could start going in a direction nobody wants to see. They really need to win 5-6 of the next 8 to maintain their pairwise ranking and help secure home ice for the 1st round of the WCHA. That is just the reality of their current situation.

We've got a winning record playing the hardest schedule in the country. Certainly we'd like to see our guys win every night but a ton of teams would be happy to be #8 in the Power Rankings.

While other teams have feasted on cup cakes.