SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Hennessy

TheUltimateSiouxFan

After each WIN we listen to Tim Hennessy on the way back to Fargo. Tonight they mentioned he was gone because of a family 'situation'. It sounded like a death in the family. Does anyone know what happened? They mentioned the day after Christmas and I looked online at the Grand Forks Herald and didn't see anything.

Also was that Scott Hennen announcing tonight since Looker was on the radio? The PA system was awful....very echoy!

Go Sioux for a sweep!

After each WIN we listen to Tim Hennessy on the way back to Fargo. Tonight they mentioned he was gone because of a family 'situation'. It sounded like a death in the family. Does anyone know what happened? They mentioned the day after Christmas and I looked online at the Grand Forks Herald and didn't see anything.

Also was that Scott Hennen announcing tonight since Looker was on the radio? The PA system was awful....very echoy!

Go Sioux for a sweep!

It seems that Tim's father died. Tim grew up in the Twin Cities so it probably would not have been in the Grand Forks Herald. The regular PA announcer, Darrin Looker, moved over to do the radio broadcast and Hennen came in to fill in on the PA job.

My condolences to Tim and his family on the loss of his father.

I listened to all of the game Friday and just the first period Saturday. I thought Looker did a great job with the play by play, knows the game of hockey, knows Sioux hockey and sounded like he was having fun. I imagine it was hard to jump in for TH with short notice but things ounded good to me.

I listened to all of the game Friday and just the first period Saturday. I thought Looker did a great job with the play by play, knows the game of hockey, knows Sioux hockey and sounded like he was having fun. I imagine it was hard to jump in for TH with short notice but things ounded good to me.

One thing that I noticed was that there was not post game show, I got back to the car and the broadcast was over allready.

Sounds like Tim's Pa was one heck of a guy who was blessed with much family and a rich life in all of the things that are important.

Our condolences to Tim and to all of the Hennessys on this tough loss of a fine Pa. Jack is being laid to rest today in Fort Snelling National Cemetery. The highest honor.

Jack Hennessy Obituary

I cannot link directly to it. You need to do a 7-day or 30-day search for "Hennessy."