SiouxSports.com Forum

No coaches' show summary tonight

PCM

... which was my point way back in post #7 of this topic.

So which one of you is going to present all of this information to the Sioux coaching staff? ???

sounds like they have already been trolling looking for ideas with kaip practicing up with duncs and the oshie :angry: damn copycats :D

I'm not sure I like Kaip on the first line, but only for one reason.

Kaip is a center. I don't have the stats with me, but I believe he's done alright on draws this year. Removing a center weakens the lower lines.

Kaip is deserving based upon leadership and performance, for sure, but I do think we need capable centers just as much.

So, send Oshie in to every draw and try to "steal" the draw. if he gets booted from the circle, Kaip takes the draw. In the offensive end have Kaip take the draw and have Oshie at the top of the circle for the quick shot.

Kaip can be a wing and still take faceoffs when needed.

I'm not sure I like Kaip on the first line, but only for one reason.

Kaip is a center. I don't have the stats with me, but I believe he's done alright on draws this year. Removing a center weakens the lower lines.

Kaip is deserving based upon leadership and performance, for sure, but I do think we need capable centers just as much.

Sioux on faceoffs this season are winning around 51%, this needs to improve as puck possession has always been a staple in the Sioux success. Players who have taken the majority of the draws are as follows. The last 2 season we were at 52% and the year before was 53%. Oshie was much better last year, winning 59% and we had Toews winning 57% of his.

Vandevelde 128-102

Kaip 119-138

Zajac 71-70

Oshie 54-51

Martens 29-24

Trupp 39-47

Kozek 19-10

• 2 weeks later...