SiouxSports.com Forum

Has Homesteaders been mentioned ?

Fetch

Don't let Mike Vick know that.

Personally, I think the only name I have heard that is cool, does not sound too hokey, and actually does make historical sense is Calvary. I know it has been brought up before and chastised, but just the other day I was driving down the highway and was passed by a vehicle with a sticker in the back window. It was a military sticker of a National Guardsman here in SD and it had his unit (100 something) Calvary written underneath a logo of crossed swords. I remembered this site and thought that name should not be dismissed and UND feel ashamed to use it. Our military men and women everywhere who are in a calvary unit are proud of it, we are proud of them, so what is the problem.

Other ideas:

Pioneers

Explorers (After the Lewis & Clark Expedition that passed through ND)

Skinners (Referring to the profession of buffalo skinning)

Aviators (in reference to the flight school)

Personally, I think the only name I have heard that is cool, does not sound too hokey, and actually does make historical sense is Calvary. I know it has been brought up before and chastised, but just the other day I was driving down the highway and was passed by a vehicle with a sticker in the back window. It was a military sticker of a National Guardsman here in SD and it had his unit (100 something) Calvary written underneath a logo of crossed swords. I remembered this site and thought that name should not be dismissed and UND feel ashamed to use it. Our military men and women everywhere who are in a calvary unit are proud of it, we are proud of them, so what is the problem.

Calvary (Golgotha) is the English-language name given to the site, outside of Ancient Jerusalem

Other ideas:

Pioneers

Explorers (After the Lewis & Clark Expedition that passed through ND)

Skinners (Referring to the profession of buffalo skinning)

Aviators (in reference to the flight school)

Not too hip on Pioneers due to Denver.

I kind of like "Skinners". It fits well should we be back to playing NDSU in rivalry games again.

Say PCM are you a horse owner, you have been on the Nakotas band wagon, I was wondering if you have stable some where?

NOkotas. :lol:

I explained in a previous post that I'd had my fill of horses by age 5. So, no, I don't own any horses and I don't have a stable. That doesn't stop me from thinking the Fighting Nokotas would make a cool name and logo.

I have to admit that the University of North Dakota Stubborn Beagles does sound good, though. :cool: