SiouxSports.com Forum

disappearing skating cheerleaders

YaneA

Its all a big question mark?

"whats the reasonings behind why you hockey cheerleaders arent on the ice? like what rules did they set for you? and stuff?

did BUN-Tard do this? (tom buning)"----me

"Yes, yes he did. We HATE not being on the ice. During starting lineup, we're just in the way on the stairs. No one has even told us a specific reason we can't be on the ice-our coach just told us at tryouts last spring that no skating skills would be necessary because we would not be going on the ice. When we asked why, her answer was "Athletic directors decision" and that's it.

We're doing our best to get back on the ice THIS YEAR. It's SOOOO stupid."----und hockey cheerleader

there you go unless you get Bun-tard to explain the reasonings thats pretty much all your going to get.

I was right again. I really am that awesome, aren't I?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, the girl friend did it!!

"I have chosen to 'ignore' some posters so I don't have to read what they post nor do I feel compelled to respond to their posts. Maybe more of us should do so, then this type of 'pissing match' won't be part of the forum."

awesome! Great memory!

Ya know,, some people and now obviously you, believe that what I post is directed at a particular person or persons. You're fairly new here so likely did not read the Judy's thread. I'm not going to get into all that with you here. If you want to know about it, pm me and I'll direct you to the posts. But just so you know, when I post ' the girl-friend did it' that has the same relevance and meaning as 'the butler did it'. If someone believes now as they believed then that I am referring to them, not my problem. I will continue to post 'the girl friend did it' instead of 'the butler or one of the nine other fictional people' on the list of ten I posted in the 'Judy's thread'. Don't like it, don't read it.

???

*Wonder if the dirty Gopher in the corner is gonna start whinning*

Ya know,, some people and now obviously you, believe that what I post is directed at a particular person or persons. You're fairly new here so likely did not read the Judy's thread. I'm not going to get into all that with you here. If you want to know about it, pm me and I'll direct you to the posts. But just so you know, when I post ' the girl-friend did it' that has the same relevance and meaning as 'the butler did it'. If someone believes now as they believed then that I am referring to them, not my problem. I will continue to post 'the girl friend did it' instead of 'the butler or one of the nine other fictional people' on the list of ten I posted in the 'Judy's thread'. Don't like it, don't read it.

???

Thanks for going easy on me, Obi-Won of the message board.

???

oh ok..I guess I didn't know they were fictional.....My bad.... :silly:

and I'm VERY sorry if I've ever offended you....that's the last thing I ever intended.

Have a great Day! :lol:

Either that or some of us just bring our version of light to the conversation...

BTW, I think the girlfriend never had anything to do with the last conversation...

It was clearly Lee's Fault...

However, in my Bye Week Post I stated Lee was and is my favorite player...

I never liked the critisim he got here, but whatever...Therfore I have since his leaving turned to the sarcasm side of it...

Later,

Rich T

"I have chosen to 'ignore' some posters so I don't have to read what they post nor do I feel compelled to respond to their posts. Maybe more of us should do so, then this type of 'pissing match' won't be part of the forum."

Forums are always a pissing match. I think thats what the definition is :silly:???

Its all a big question mark?

"whats the reasonings behind why you hockey cheerleaders arent on the ice? like what rules did they set for you? and stuff?

did BUN-Tard do this? (tom buning)"----me

"Yes, yes he did. We HATE not being on the ice. During starting lineup, we're just in the way on the stairs. No one has even told us a specific reason we can't be on the ice-our coach just told us at tryouts last spring that no skating skills would be necessary because we would not be going on the ice. When we asked why, her answer was "Athletic directors decision" and that's it.

We're doing our best to get back on the ice THIS YEAR. It's SOOOO stupid."----und hockey cheerleader

there you go unless you get Bun-tard to explain the reasonings thats pretty much all your going to get.

Many of you have been misinformed, so allow me to enlighten you. Meetings were had last spring between the cheer team coach and Bunning/his assistants, i know Betty Ralston was one of them there. Mind you, for some strange reason Betty has always been trying to cut the hockey cheer team. The new cheer coach of last year and this year also doesnt like having hockey cheerleaders. She was the assistant coach up until she took over last year, and at the end of last year, she had gone to a total of maybe two Sioux hockey games in her life. She doesn't like hockey and, based on the cuts this year, doesnt like wasting her time on the hockey cheerleaders. In her original email to the team last year, she told them that there might not be any hockey cheerleaders, or to have the football/basketball cheerleaders cheer at hockey games too, instead of having a separate team. The girls fought it, and were able to keep their team, but as for going on the ice, that is still very confusing to me, because it makes no sense.

The cheer team does not get charged for ice time. They have always gotten it free, since 2001 when hockey cheerleaders first came back. I can't imagine that they would have to pay any more to insure them than they already do. All of the cheer and dance members are covered under the athletic department's insurance. In no way is going on the ice a financial burden to the cheer and dance budget, trust me.

The cheerleader you talked to in the above conversation was most likely one of the newer girls, and has not seen all this drama unfolding the past few years. Two years ago, they tried to cut them off the ice as well, the Ralph was telling the cheer team that they did not have ice time for them. The cheer team uses an hour of ice time a week. They didn't have time for that? come on. One of the girls that year went into the Ralph and pretty much let the woman who schedules the ice time have a piece of her mind. That team stood up for what the hockey cheer team was meant for, and that is to be on-ice cheerleaders. And what do you know, they magically recieved ice time. This isn't Buning's doing, its something that has been attempted before, the girls just need to stand up for themselves more.

IF they all can skate this year...thats a big IF....highly unlikely that they will be on the ice by the end of the year. It would take a lot of practice for a lot of them...however, quality has been slightly declining the past few years, so who knows.

You may not like them, you may think that they don't need to go on the ice, your opinion is respected. But many people think they contribute to games, so please respect that as well.

If they skate (and drink) like those in the 70s, there would be more butt prints than skate marks on the ice. :D

My kid knew a lot of the cheerleaders (mainly because they were from Central and Red River) from 2000 to 2004 and said lots of those girls liked to party. One of them got kicked off the team when she got a DUI.

My kid knew a lot of the cheerleaders (mainly because they were from Central and Red River) from 2000 to 2004 and said lots of those girls liked to party. One of them got kicked off the team when she got a DUI.

With all due respect, your son doesn't know what he's talking about. None of the hockey cheerleaders, from 2001 to present have ever gotten a DUI, nor have they gotten kicked off for one. In regards to partying, they are normal college girls who do what normal college students do....what the hockey players do, as well. Don't judge them for that, and don't start rumors that aren't true.

As far as damaging the ice, the toepicks are what normally do damage to the ice and the cheerleaders are told not to use their toepicks when jumping or skating on the ice

My son didn't have to tell me about the DUI cheerleader. This particular cheerleader lived two doors down from us, her folks still live there, was a year behind him in HS and DID get kicked off the squad for a DUI.

I wasn't posting to say they shouldn't party. I posted in response to the '70s cheerleaders post.