SiouxSports.com Forum

Bing Larson

vlarson

GeauxSioux has been off line for the last few days. He went up to Grand Forks last weekend for a Football/Hockey weekend, and much more faced him. His dad, Bing Larson, became very ill and passed away on Sunday morning. He was GeauxSioux's dad and my brother.

Bing was named to the Top 100 Basketball Players for UND and represented the 1950's. He was all-state at Park River and captained the Sioux in 1957-58 as a junior. He remained in ND and was a community leader. He worked for 1st National Bank/Alerus for many years.

He loved UND sports and was at most of the games over the past 40 years. His family has set up an endowment with the UND Foundation-Mens's Basketball to help the program. If you can contribute in his memory, please do so.

Please remember Bing and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for all of the kind words and thanks to vlarson for posting this topic. My dad was my hero in life and I will miss him every day. Please pray for my mother, as this will be extremely hard on her as they celebrated their 50th anniversary this past summer. If you would like to read the obituary or find out how to give to Sioux BB as a memorial to Bing, it is posted on Amundson Funeral Home's website.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...