bertibm

Who do you want to win the Frozen Four  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Frozen Four

• Minnesota
    • Cornell
    • Michigan
    • UNH

don't say all gopher fans cheered for Ferris, this one didn't. I was with a couple of buddies who are Sioux fans and was as loud or louder in my support for the Sioux. However, was interesting to see and entire section of Sioux fans pulling for Mercyhurst and then Ferris the next night :huh:

A Gopher Sioux matchup saturday would have been great. Will have to wait for early november in GF..Go Gophers!!!

I just want to see some good old OLD TIME HOCKEY!!!!!!

Thats all I care about. Good luck to the Gophers, thats my WCHA leaning talking, but I just want to see some good championship hockey.

I know I don't have to tell you this, but we ARE in for some good... no, let me rephrase, GREAT... OLD TIME HOCKEY. The biggest margin of victory in these games should only be 2 goals (I'm allowing for the ENG when the losing team has their goalie pulled).

Yea you're right...it is too bad that the Gopher fans cheered for Ferris State. :huh:

I did indeed cheer for Ferris State. I always cheer for what's best for the Gophers. UND is too familiar with the Gophers and the arena. Playing Ferris, in my opinion, was better for the Gophers in terms of odds of winning.

It had nothing to do with not liking the Sioux (ok, 90% had nothing to do with not liking the Sioux :blush: )

Heck yes I (silently) pulled for Ferris, but wait before you tomahawk my back. I thought the Gophers had a better chance against Ferris than against UND. Even though the Gophers are playing better hockey than UND, I know that their storied rivalry meant a tougher game for my team. Therefore, I was pulling for Ferris. Turns out I was right. I really doubt Minnesota would have destroyed UND like we did Ferris. :huh:

Anybody notice Hale's two handed swinging stick after the empty net goal? I'm glad he didn't connect, but I couldn't help wondering what the heck he was trying to do!

This is a TOUGH one for any Sioux fan.........cheer for the "hated" Gophers.....even though they are a WCHA team........I can't decide who I will cheer for. Maybe I won't cheer for or against them....is that legal?

I agree....seemed to me there were a ton of Rodent fans cheering for Ferris Wheel. (I mean state).....I was actually surprised though when some Gopher fans actually came up to me in my Sioux jersey and said they were cheering for us! So....they can't all be bad! It's those BAD ones that make me mad and give the Gopher fans a bad name!

I do think the Maroon and "Yellow" have an excellent chance in the Frozen Four and would not be one bit suprised to see them win back to back championships...(heaven forbid what we'd have to put up with then...)

just my thoughts........

Anybody notice Hale's two handed swinging stick after the empty net goal? I'm glad he didn't connect, but I couldn't help wondering what the heck he was trying to do!

David Hale is intensity wrapped in flesh.

He had been out for two months and was probably the best looking player in green on the ice that day. (That's both amazing and sad when you think about it.)

He had just sprinted back and dove to try to stop that ENG shot and just missed. I'm sure that was a release of the complete frustration with how the season (and especially his) closed out, meaning from February on.

David Hale is intensity wrapped in flesh.

He had been out for two months and was probably the best looking player in green on the ice that day. (That's both amazing and sad when you think about it.)

He had just sprinted back and dove to try to stop that ENG shot and just missed. I'm sure that was a release of the complete frustration with how the season (and especially his) closed out, meaning from February on.

I agree. I saw that swing and was very surprised because David is NOT a cheap player, but that was quite a swing.

From watching the Ferris team all night, I wonder if the Ferris player had made some sort of comment as he put that puck in the net that may have incited the swing.