Sioux/Tigers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak post-game comments:

A lot of good. A little bit loose at time defensively in the first 20 minutes. Have to remember that CC has a lot of dynamic players. I liked the way we came out of the gate. Nice crowd to give us a boost.

I thought our D had real good poise. Thought we did a real good job as D partners, helping each other out, hitting our breakout passes.

I thought Oshie and Duncan set the tone at a whole different level. The energy that T.J. came out with, and the playmaking they made was the difference maker.

A couple of huge saves....great reads for Phil. The first goal was a quick play where their guy beat our defenseman and slipped it in, but overall, good job.

They do tend to gamble...run and gun and pressure. They gamble sometime offensively, and that's where they came up with some good scoring opportunities.

We didn't have any specific designs on line matchups. A couple we wanted to stay away from, but nothing too exact tactic to match lines. I think that takes us out of our rhythm. I think we're better when we're rolling, and everyone's into the game.

You (TH) called Dunc's goal. A couple of nice plays from that line.

Kaip showing great poise with the puck now. Almost like his goal was in slow-mo. Did it, and did it nice.

Have to go back to work. They'll be better tomorrow night.

Tech shows UW that they are for real tonight too. That's good to see.

Maybe bring some of those UW fans back down to earth too. :lol:

I am still surprised by that DU/UMN score. Sounds like the Gophers did not play well, but I didn't see the game, so I can't comment.

What a great complete game!! You could tell the boys came to play, just over a minute left to play and Oshie in front of the net taking guys down for Lammy.

Vandevelde is a GREAT fit on that top line with Oshie and Duncan. Wow! They were all over CC in all three zones and with the exception of the last 5 minutes, they didn't get beat to the puck in the corners. Full team effort from everyone! This is just great to see these guys clicking so well this early in the season!! Just keep rolling boys!!!

You're right about VandeVelde. I think he adds a size to the front of the net that draws the D a bit more and leaves more room for Oshie and Duncan.

Oshie post-game comments:

(Fan club supporting him)

Fun game tonight. We predicted that earlier in the week, and from my standpoint, that's what it was.

There game is almost exact opposite of Tech's. If they make one little mistake, we capitalize on it.

Dunc found his little spot that he likes on the PP and put it in. Nice to see him get a few tonight. I think we just got a few good bounces tonight.

I saw an opportunity to give the CC player a shoulder and that's what I did.

We expected them to come at us early. After we got a few, they backed off a little, but they got it back going later in the game.

We're always looking for a way to gain momentum.

Anyone watching the post game of the Gopher game? Good grief...how long does this go on? They had two announcers out on the ice analyzing the goals....the game has been over about 20 minutes now...is this the norm?

If I didn't love college hockey so much, those idiots and that show would drive me from the TV. Similar to watching Michael Irving on the ESPN pre-game show, haven't watched it now for 4 years.

Poor Darby Hendrickson, even he's looking at the two other guys begging them to end the torture. Used to like him when he played for the Wild.

Tech shows UW that they are for real tonight too. That's good to see.

Maybe bring some of those UW fans back down to earth too. :lol:

I am still surprised by that DU/UMN score. Sounds like the Gophers did not play well, but I didn't see the game, so I can't comment.

I was watching during breaks, I haven't seen the goofs that f'd up in a long time and I've lived in Mpls suburbs for going on 14 years. They were missing the net by 5 feet, consistently. They were playing just cheap as hell, looked more like Mancowtowon State than the goofer nation. Trying to punk up and it just ended up making them look stupid. Faggie was a complete open water bucket, a couple goals he didn't even flinch until it hit the back of the net. They just really looked disorganized and completely out of control. But that's what you get when one of your supposed "leaders" is Flake Wheelerless. He'll always be an assclown in my book for that jersey pop against the Sioux last year.

It was fun to watch :D

My thoughts back from the game.

I didn't think the fourth line chemistry was there. I think we'll see a change. Look for Radke to get suited up Saturday. Add a little more physical play. I don't see Hak letting CC clip one of our players without beefing up the lineup.

CC's forecheck gave the D a lot of problems, too many struggles to get the puck out of the zone. I think that's more a factor of CC's efforts than any failing on our part.

Oshie's like a man among boys out there. (Not that it hasn't been said already)

Lammy played awesome. CC had some great chances in the 1st. If he doesn't make those stops the game's in jeopardy.

My thoughts back from the game.

I didn't think the fourth line chemistry was there. I think we'll see a change. Look for Radke to get suited up Saturday. Add a little more physical play. I don't see Hak letting CC clip one of our players without beefing up the lineup.

CC's forecheck gave the D a lot of problems, too many struggles to get the puck out of the zone. I think that's more a factor of CC's efforts than any failing on our part.

Oshie's like a man among boys out there. (Not that it hasn't been said already)

Lammy played awesome. CC had some great chances in the 1st. If he doesn't make those stops the game's in jeopardy.

First off, the Sioux played well tonight overall. Not too impressed with the final 10 minutes of the game. We got too relaxed. Not very crisp.

I believe that we played pretty smart hockey tonight. I agree that grit is needed at times, but CC was VERY aggressive tonight and they marched to the penalty box all night long. I think our game plan has to be similar to tonight's game tommorrow as we can't allow a team with the speed and talent CC has to get the better of us in special teams work.

Lovin' Kozek right now. Bina falls down and Kozek comes flyin out of nowhere to break up an odd man rush. I'm very happy that big hit by Fredheim on Kozek did no apparent damage.

Finley played a pretty solid game. Great to see LaPoint get his first goal as well.

JPL played alright. I don't think O'Connell is the answer for CC. Tomorrow we'll see the real future of the CC Tiger in nets. And I guarantee you goals will be harder to come by.

Oshie is a monster and, quite frankly, I am lovin' VV on the top line.

As for CC:

Walsky looks a lot better than he looked while he was with UAA. Him and Sweatt are dangerous.