SiouxSports.com Forum

Jean-Philippe is NCAA Hockey player of the month!

Big A HG

Saw it on the WCHA site today: Click here

University of North Dakota senior netminder Jean-Philippe Lamoureux was named the National College Hockey Player of the Month on Friday afternoon, as announced by the Hockey Commissioner's Association. Lamoureux has been a huge reason for the early season success of the third-ranked North Dakota Fighting Sioux. He has posted four shutouts in the team's first five games in October, becoming the first WCHA player in history to accomplish that feat.

Well deserved for Phil...

Hak calls him Phil, so I call him Phil...j/k

I say he deserved it, they played some pretty good teams...Ya Turris has the numbers too, but I agree with Phil gettin the nod!!!

That Tech team is gonna sweep alot of teams this year, I'm sure end of season a split up there will look pretty good...

I was not aware of this at all. That is semi impressive.

He currently has started 30 consecutive games dating back to last season, during that time he owns a 20-5-5 record with a 1.93 GAA and a .931 save percentage

Yeah, that's a nice little run he is on! Wish it was 31 games in a row, his record was 22-4-5, and we had another banner hanging in the rafters. Don't get excited, I am not trying to pin the loss to BC last April on him!!!!!!!!!

I am not going to get excited yet, the Sioux have won nothing yet and championships are won in March and April.

All this good stuff/press is scaring me!!! :crazy:

I'm fine with it providing it doesn't go to the players heads. Thus far this season, I think the players are handling all the attention very well. They all seem to be very humble and realize that nothing matters if they don't play well on the ice.