SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ NORTHEASTERN

AZSIOUX

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of driving up to Houghton too, never have been there....about 4 hrs from here (Wausau).

Geez, Badgers just scored again...now 5-2.

Their building is a bit like a high school barn compared to the Ralph, but they should have a good crowd with their team doind better and our ranking. See you there for a beer.

There was a fight just now in the Badgers game...several players going to the box. The play-by-play guys said "this sort of feels like when the Sioux come to town."

i heard him mention something like that too. this is a good webcast...and no ads!

Reading Phil's comments it looks like some of the freshmen might have read too much into that first game with State. Probably a very good thing that this weekend was a dogfight from the drop of the puck.

Great to see that the goals came from guys like Kozek, Miller and Kaip. Fantastic contribution from other than the big guns.

I guess all of the hockey-related comments already posted pretty much cover what I would say, so I will give you a post with random worthless thoughts:

I just got high speed Internet, so this was my first purchased webcast. I think I got to see about $3 of it, with the terrible pixelated second period, but oh, well. I just kept hoping that enough people would give up and log out so it would improve. Heh.

I actually liked the announcers on the webcast. They weren't gigantic homers at all. Some of their comments, like "well, the refs can't see everything" were refreshing. :silly:

I also got a kick out of how certain names got an extra "h" sound to them, like Jake Mart-ho, and Matt Frat-hin.

I also am pretty sure I saw the guy Jean-Philippe was talking about. He had a funny hat on and was always yelling at the goal when they showed a crowd shot.

Oh! Here's a hockey comment:

I CANNOT believe that Colorado College didn't score shorthanded at the end of the period. They had a couple really great chances.

I'm saying I can't wait until Nov 9th and 10th!

I wish I knew the words to that beer song the kids always sing after goals at the Ralph....I know it's a lot of beers!

In heaven there is no beer (no beer!)

That's why we drink it here (right here!)

And when we're gone from here

Our friends will be drinking all the beer!

:silly:

Anyone else notice that the phrase, "we were fortunate that..." came up a lot in the post game interviews from Hak, TH and Lammy? Although it wasn't the quite the game we would like to see, it ended the right way. And I think that's a good sign. Last year at this time we probably would have dumped this game or maybe ended up with a tie. A good sign of a maturing hockey team, even when you play like $hit, you have the depth and character to come out with a win.

The really great part of this game is the off lines scoring goals EARLY in the season. It was great to have Vandevelde turn it on at the end of last year, but it's really great to see Trupp, Watkins, Miller, etc. getting on the board early in the season. And althought Frattin didn't score, that kid's got skills, he played a really solid 2 way game. Get a case of Pepto and some adult diapers and get the guys back to G.F.

Great character win. Lammy a man amoungst boys out there!

I'm saying I can't wait until Nov 9th and 10th!

I wish I knew the words to that beer song the kids always sing after goals at the Ralph....I know it's a lot of beers!

It's a song my dad used to sing all the time. "In Heaven There Ain't No Beer" Thats Why We Drink it Here. And when we're gone from here, Our Friends will be drinking all our beer.