SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's going to Boston?!

Big A HG

Well, looks as if I'm going (80%). I can get $120 roundtrip tickets out of Grand Forks. Can't beat that. I just need a single game ticket for each night. Anyone know the best place to get one? Ebay has them in a minimum or two tickets per auction. I don't need the other. Are they still available through the schools?

Just wondering if anyone else will be there so we could carpool and whatnot. I'm staying at a friends house but don't want to ask for a million rides.

Let me know!

was gona go man, wish i could meet you there but just have things going on during the day that weekend, dammmm

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9131

;)

Boston College ticket office phone number is 617-552-GOBC and the website is www.bceagles.com. The Northeastern University ticket office phone number is 617-373-4700 and the website is www.gonu.com. I am REALLY hoping to make the game at NU.

Well, looks as if I'm going (80%). I can get $120 roundtrip tickets out of Grand Forks. Can't beat that. I just need a single game ticket for each night. Anyone know the best place to get one? Ebay has them in a minimum or two tickets per auction. I don't need the other. Are they still available through the schools?

Just wondering if anyone else will be there so we could carpool and whatnot. I'm staying at a friends house but don't want to ask for a million rides.

Let me know!

Where did you get a ticket for that cheap out of Grand Forks?

Big A,

If you want to sit with Sioux fans, you can put your name on a wait list at 877-91-SIOUX. I did this last year and I got a very good seat for the Dartmouth tournament. By the way, Northeastern's arena looks like the fans are on top of the team benches!!! I am REALLY hoping to make a day trip up for the Northeastern game.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

Yout advice about how to get around in Boston brings back memories. Spent a week there in 1990 for an educational seminar. It took place at a girls' college in Chestnut Hill (can't remember the name) and we spent lots of time riding the "T". Loved Boston. Lots of beer and lobster for 7 dyas. Went to a Red Sox game at Fenway vs. Twins. Twins won in 10 innings!

The T is an asset, but sometimes also a pain in the ass.

Some other tips that might be useful:

- The T stops running at 12:35 a.m. so plan your post-game celebration accordingly. Some Boston cabbies will take the most insane route back to your destination so as to run up the fare, especially if you're toasted and from out of town.

- The price per ride is $2 with the Charlie Ticket so if you're planning on multiple rides for sightseeing or what not it may be better to pick up a one day pass for $7 or a week-long pass for $15 if you're staying the weekend. I'm pretty sure you can buy these passes at all the station ticket machines now.

- If you like walking like I do, save some money, and don't take the T while in the heart of the city. Boston is definitely a walking city, and while you can't walk to Conte Forum at Newton University, walking to Matthews is definitely doable.

For those in Massachusetts,

Since I can't stand mass transit, I will be driving up from the New Jersey Shore for the game against Northeastern. I am guessing it will take about five to five and a half hours. How far from Interstate 95 is the college and is it easy to get to from the highway? Are the parking lots safe? Thanks for any help.

For those in Massachusetts,

Since I can't stand mass transit, I will be driving up from the New Jersey Shore for the game against Northeastern. I am guessing it will take about five to five and a half hours. How far from Interstate 95 is the college and is it easy to get to from the highway? Are the parking lots safe? Thanks for any help.

Well, I'm from Jersey and we never take I95 all the way up. I usually go 95 until CT then switch to I91 at Hartford then to I84 until I get to MA. Either way, make sure you get to I-90 East because the Mass Pike = Interstate 90. To get to NU, take exit 22 off the pike toward the Prudential Center (this one's a mall, not an arena). The Pru has a 24 hour parking garage off of Huntington Ave, and it's probably the closest one to Matthews Arena, about a 5-10 minute walk down the road.

Edit: I take back the Prudential Garage being closest, but parking here sucks so it's good to have options.

Closest Garage is at 10 Gainsborough St.

Also near are the: Prudential Center Garage at 800 Boylston St.

Copley Place Parking at 100 Huntington Ave. (you can't miss it as you get off the pike at Exit 22)

Hynes Parking Garage at 50 Dalton St.

And if you're really desperate: Newbury St. Parking Garage at 347 Newbury St.

Boston Common Garage at 0 Charles St.

I would recommend the Fenway tour, it's pretty cool. Takes you through all the back offices of Fenway, the pressboxes, the top of the Green Monster, and onto the field (if you are lucky and they aren't working on the field).

The Freedom Trail is pretty cool too, but we went to all the bars along the trail instead......two days worth of bars pretty much. :D:glare:

If I can find a place to stay, I'm going.... And I really want to go!!! (hint hint :lol: )

???

Well, if it's just one person and you're broke I have a couch you can crash on.

Otherwise try the Midtown Hotel or the Hotel Buckminster for the cheapest hotels within city limits. I doubt they have vacancies but I know people tend to cancel at the Buckminster.

One word of caution: the area is safe; however, do not wander too far off the NU area (i.e. going away from Boston). It can get a little sketchy late at night.

Is that Mission Hill? I remember that used to be a tough area when i used to live out there.

Yes - Northeastern is on the outskirts. Matthews Arena is on the opposite end. It's safe but I would not wonder to far off the main roads.

My buddy used to live in Mission Hill when he was going to school at Mass College of Art, I am a little familiar with that area.

Bignelly,

You might think this is worth a try--I spoke with people at Northeastern's ticket office and they were VERY polite and helpful. They might know of some places to stay if the previously mentioned places are not what you want. Good luck.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX--BEAT NORTHEASTERN!