SiouxSports.com Forum

Downie Hit causing a stir

AZSIOUX

pretty dirty, he left his feet and thats a understatement. cant do that at all and he went superman o the guy. he has a reputation already from juniors and team canada and he hasnt even played a game in the nhl. im guessing it will be a while for him!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=219333&hubname=nhl

a few videos of players reactions to the right in the link. jason blake sounds off

pretty dirty, he left his feet and thats a understatement. cant do that at all and he went superman o the guy. he has a reputation already from juniors and team canada and he hasnt even played a game in the nhl. im guessing it will be a while for him!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=219333&hubname=nhl

a few videos of players reactions to the right in the link. jason blake sounds off

This is no surprise whatsoever. Link is an ineteresting article that was written just a couple of days before the hit

http://www.dailylocal.com/WebApp/appmanage...st_Story_695283

JMFJ took care of Downie in Vancouver at the WJC. I say let him take care of Downie again.

That little poke did nothing to deter Downie. I don't typically agree with much Sioux-Habit posts, but I'm with him 100%. It is just a matter of time between controversial incidents with him. I'm guessing he will have a Claude Lemieux type of career. We'll be chatting about him again within a couple of years.

That little poke did nothing to deter Downie. I don't typically agree with much Sioux-Habit posts, but I'm with him 100%. It is just a matter of time between controversial incidents with him. I'm guessing he will have a Claude Lemieux type of career. We'll be chatting about him again within a couple of years.

I think Downie is a hack... It just a matter of time before he has his clock cleaned. Dirty hit...

I was woundering if DaveK thought it was a good hit?

I think Downie is a hack... It just a matter of time before he has his clock cleaned. Dirty hit...

I was woundering if DaveK thought it was a good hit?

I'm sure DaveK is fine with it. He apologized and said he didn't do it on purpose. I don't think he meant to do any of the outrageous things he's done in the past such as cross check a teammate in the mouth for no particular reason. (As posted on Goons blog).

I'm sure DaveK is fine with it. He apologized and said he didn't do it on purpose. I don't think he meant to do any of the outrageous things he's done in the past such as cross check a teammate in the mouth for no particular reason. (As posted on Goons blog).

Yeah it's too bad I can't post on my blog right now, my computer basically imploded and is in the geek squad.

He's DaveK's kind of player. :)

JMFJ took care of Downie in Vancouver at the WJC. I say let him take care of Downie again.

I remember how pissed off people were about JMFJ's hit on Downie.

I think this hit is filed as the second biggest cheap shot I've ever seen behind Paukovich's hit on Bina.

He is suspended indefinitely until such time a hearing can be made apparently. I'd hold that hearing in 2010.

He's a 20 year old with the maturity of an 11 year old. He is big, strong, and has absolutely no hockey smarts.

Hits in "death valley" will continue to happen, but the Sportscenter articles leave out the flaw that the players repeatedly cite: In the hits on display as other examples, few if any of them LEAVE THEIR SKATES. Downie's hit was a flying cross check to the head. He'd be run through the ringer if he had stayed on his skates for sure, but the suspension wouldn't be nearly as long as it should be.

Now, will Bettman make the right decision or will he be just give a limp wristed punishment?

I'd say the league fines the Flyers heavily, suspends Downie for half a season (starting when he makes the NHL, so if the Flyers send him back to the OHL for his final year of eligibility or if they send him down to the AHL it won't matter. The suspension starts when he wears the Flyers jersey and there is no getting around it).

Downie is a d-bag. Period.

So what does that mean when he wasn't expected to start in the NHL? I suppose he'll have to sit out 20 AHL games but it's the big league games that matter.

Campbell said Downie would be available to play in the Flyers' AHL affiliate

That's like a slap in the face to the Senators and McAmmond as he was expected to start the season in the AHL. So, basically, the kid gets no punishment for the incident. What comes around goes around, and I'm sure the Senators, as well every other team, will have their eyes on him when he does make it to the NHL.