SiouxSports.com Forum

Too Tall Tom Gone?

so.cal.sioux

I saw where Too Tall Tom was let go from KVLY - TV11 as their weatherman. Very disappointing. I enjoyed watching him.

Have they said why he was let go?

Charley Johnson wouldn't say, and the Fargo Forum says it was a personal nature. I think maybe he got another DUI and is sitting in Jail or maybe he is in rehab. Anyway he was a good guy I will miss him but Lisa Green is a good replacement, plus she is hot!! ;)

What I've heard is that with channel 4 and channel 11 merging they might have wanted him to either simule-cast(sp?) or be on both stations, and they money wasn't working out. I don't think it has anything to do with his previous actions or problems, just the big wigs in Dallas wanting to cheap out or change the direction of their program.

What I've heard is that with channel 4 and channel 11 merging they might have wanted him to either simule-cast(sp?) or be on both stations, and they money wasn't working out. I don't think it has anything to do with his previous actions or problems, just the big wigs in Dallas wanting to cheap out or change the direction of their program.

How does a CBS affiliate merge with an NBC affiliate?

How does a CBS affiliate merge with an NBC affiliate?

They're controlled by the same ownership and share the same building and some equipment. Legally, they can't be owned by the same person/corp, but there are ways to get around the law somewhat.

The KXJB/KVLY arrangement is more about sharing infrastructure and administration than it is about programming.

Unless the GM of KYLY is lying that is not the reason:

"It's not a reduction in force kind of thing," Johnson said. "We're going to replace him."

[url=http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=51607&section=homepage]KVLY-TV 11 fires meteorologist