SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 NHL Jerseys

Jeremy_und2004

They're way way way too "skinny". Am I the only one who finds this really disturbing?

yup :) everything changes in time, and being skinny is the point for less clutching and grabbing during play, thats one of the main reasons for the change and they wouldnt have changed if they didnt get good reviews with the international teams using this style the last few years. and if tyou are a fan with a extra few pounds i would say go with a size or 2 larger than normal :sad:

The problem I see is that the length seems to be normal while the width is much less than traditional hockey jerseys. In order to get one that is wide enough for my liking, the length would be down to my knees. I'll pass on these jerseys altogether. When I decide to add another jersey to my collection I'll do my shopping on eBay. Plenty of the old style jerseys with proper sizing to be found there. I sincerely hope this is just a bad trend that will be phased out after a few years and someday people will look back and laugh about it. Remember the long pants the Philadelphia Flyers wore back in the early '80s? I'm thinking undersized jerseys = long pants.

That's where you're wrong. They're not undersized, they're form-fitted. Big difference.

Yeah some are ok, and some are horrible. I say x2 on the Ebay shopping for NHL Jerseys.

Heres the ones I think look good;

Canucks, Capitols, Panthers, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, Flames.

And the ones that made me think WTF;

Ducks(never liked the logo changed before), Dallas (no star, no jersey), Leafs (boring).

i wonder how long teams will have to wait to add the 3rd alternate jerseys if they will be doing it. they will for sales purposes of course but with the uni changes maybe they want to market these for 2 years then let every team get a 3rd

Many of the new jerseys are horrible. Why they don't have horizontal stripes at the bottom is puzzling. Then the add weird designs to the arms. The Penguins, Flyers and others did this. The Flyers need to go back to having an orange jersey. The Lighting, Panthers and a couple other teams suck. Why do some teams, like the Panthers, have have stripes on the sleeves? That's just dumb. Too many teams just took the template and applied their colors to it. The only good teams are the Original Six and the Stars. Once you add a number to the Stars home jersey, it's awesome. Though the Leafs jersey is boring. Why didn't they go with the old school 1930's detailed leaf? And why did they eliminate the horizontal stripe along the bottom? The AHL teams did a much better job of redesigning their jerseys.*

*This post was brought to you by a grumpy, soon to be old curmudgeon, jersey snob.

Many of the new jerseys are horrible. Why they don't have horizontal stripes at the bottom is puzzling. Then the add weird designs to the arms. The Penguins, Flyers and others did this. The Flyers need to go back to having an orange jersey. The Lighting, Panthers and a couple other teams suck. Why do some teams, like the Panthers, have have stripes on the sleeves? That's just dumb. Too many teams just took the template and applied their colors to it. The only good teams are the Original Six and the Stars. Once you add a number to the Stars home jersey, it's awesome. Though the Leafs jersey is boring. Why didn't they go with the old school 1930's detailed leaf? And why did they eliminate the horizontal stripe along the bottom? The AHL teams did a much better job of redesigning their jerseys.*

*This post was brought to you by a grumpy, soon to be old curmudgeon, jersey snob.

I think the best "new look" are the Capitals - back to red white and blue.

The Dallas home jerseys will also have the player number centered on the chest. Just an FYI...

The Ducks' home and away jerseys look silly with the ridiculously small "Ducks" font on the front along with the even tinier "Anaheim" above it. The web foot D would be a far better choice on the front.

I agree on the Capitals jersey. I'm not real fond of the updated 1980's logo, but it's about time the color switch went BACK to red, white, and blue.

The Dallas home jerseys will also have the player number centered on the chest. Just an FYI...

The Ducks' home and away jerseys look silly with the ridiculously small "Ducks" font on the front along with the even tinier "Anaheim" above it. The web foot D would be a far better choice on the front.

I agree on the Capitals jersey. I'm not real fond of the updated 1980's logo, but it's about time the color switch went BACK to red, white, and blue.

Will the numbers be on the front of the home jersey or away jersey? If I'm not mistaken, the NHL will be going back to whites at home and darks on the road (FINALLY!) and in looking at the Dallas jerseys it looks like they have room for a number on the front of the dark jerseys.

Will the numbers be on the front of the home jersey or away jersey? If I'm not mistaken, the NHL will be going back to whites at home and darks on the road (FINALLY!) and in looking at the Dallas jerseys it looks like they have room for a number on the front of the dark jerseys.

Holy crap! I just about creamed my jeans when I saw the Senators jerseys. That dude on the front is lookin forward and it seriously gives me the creeps. But all in all I'd say I like the white's alot better than the darks for alot of teams and I do like the pinstripes going down the side of the some of the jerseys.

I haven't heard anything about the switch BACK to white jerseys for the home team, but I should have been more clear about the Stars' jersey. The Stars black jersey will be the one with the numbers centered on the front. If that's now the "away" jersey, it's news to me. The white jersey will have the numbers on front as well, a la last year's Buffalo Sabres. You can see pics below which will give you a better idea...

Dallas Stars' Jersey Progression