SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone that is interested, you can watch sioux recruit Corey Fienhage play on FSN North tommorow night at 7. His Eastview team plays Burnsville, who has a couple of college recruits - Tyler Barnes who is committed to Wisconsin and Jake Hendrickson who is committed to UMD.

This is a fairly recent ranking. 59th in north america means he could be well below the 100th picked player if, and that is a big if he gets picked at all. That is 4th or 5th round material and I still believe from what I saw that that is too high. Euros start to go in larger numbers after the second round.

I still remember Eric Doyle from last year. projected as a late first or early second rounder and never got selected. Its a big crap shoot and MacWilliam has a lot of scouts who are not very sure about him. The fact that he has committed to UND will certainly help his draft stock since they know he is going to a good program.

I'm still not convinced. He didn't show me enough. His foot speed is questionable and he is playing with guys a year younger who are already better than him.

Maybe this can be a good test regarding my judge in talent. We'll see in a few months I guess.

i guess i just trust hak. im confident that he is bringing in a quality player.

For anyone that is interested, you can watch sioux recruit Corey Fienhage play on FSN North tommorow night at 7. His Eastview team plays Burnsville, who has a couple of college recruits - Tyler Barnes who is committed to Wisconsin and Jake Hendrickson who is committed to UMD.

I talked to a scout who's seen McWilliam and Fienhage play and he said Fienhage>McWilliam.

He also said Garrett Clarke is the real deal and McWilliam's D partner is a stud.

i bet finehage and gleason are better than macwilliam. oh well. hak recruited him and im sure there is a reason for that :lol: i dont see anyone sitting so i wonder who will be coming in next year and who will be 09. interesting

i bet finehage and gleason are better than macwilliam. oh well. hak recruited him and im sure there is a reason for that :lol: i dont see anyone sitting so i wonder who will be coming in next year and who will be 09. interesting

He didn't dislike McWilliam - he just thought CF was better.

Clarke and Mattson are the start to a great blueline in 2010.

fienhage is #14 for those who are watching eastview on fsn

barnes a burnsville playuer and sconnie recruit #7 and hendrickson #14 a umd recruit

ushl weekend recruits

mario lamoureux, assist on friday

cichy, no points on the weekend

gregoire, goal on friday, assist on saturday, 1st on team in points with 46 points and 2nd in the USHL, leader has 47 points

fink, didnt play friday, played saturday

blood, no points, no penalties

bchl

hextall, 2 assists friday in 7-2 win, 1 goal saturday in win, 2nd in points on team with 61

ajhl

eidsness, had a 5-0 shutout feb 1st....4-3 win on the 2nd......improving record to 25-2-3 with a 1.97 GAA and a 939 sv%, all stats tops in ajhl by far.

Hextall is much smaller than Bickel. I doubt Bickel will be too worried about Hextall.

Hextall gives up 3 inches and 20#.

I would guess that you didn't get to watch Hextall's Grandpa and Great Uncle in action. Here's hoping that Bickel knows nothing of the Hextall name as well. :lol: Besides stature didn't stop Tie Domi from being a Heavyweight.

I would guess that you didn't get to watch Hextall's Grandpa and Great Uncle in action. Here's hoping that Bickel knows nothing of the Hextall name as well. :lol: Besides stature didn't stop Tie Domi from being a Heavyweight.

Exactly :D

Just because someone is smaller doesn't mean he is not as tough.

Exactly :D

Just because someone is smaller doesn't mean he is not as tough.

Being an enforcer does not necessarily require size, although it helps. The legendary

Jim Archibald could not have been more than 5'10" and 175 lbs, but when he put on the

skates, he was almost psychopathic.

Fienhage is pronounce Fa-nog-E. I didn't know that. I am watching the game replay and he looks very solid defensively and really skates well. Kind of looks like Smaby on the ice.

he was solid last night and big kid. skates well. at least we know how to pernounce it now as i had no idea.

Anybody have any new on Bruneteau? After his fight with Conboy and the concussion he has been M.I.A. Will he even come in next year?

Des Moines now has him listed as in the IR on its website, the first month or so he was still listed as active. I would think that as the 2 month mark rolls around it may be discussed that he delay his coming another year. Hopefully it's not so bad that his career gets cut short.