SiouxSports.com Forum

Main Topics in the Wiki

siouxnami

Jim,

Do you have to create the main topics in the Wiki page? I was going to add some aggregated information on prospective Sioux recruits, but is seems that I can only edit the pages that have already been created. Is so, would you create a page for prospective Sioux Recruits.

Is there a reason why when I go to the Wiki tab I see some text for a split second and then the page goes blank? What is the "Wiki" page? What should I be seeing here? Is there something I need to do to get this to show? I am using IE7.

Thanks!

siouxnami -- that's exactly the intent, for people to be able to come up with pages worth maintaining with some more structure and permanence than a message port post.

The way to make a new page would be to edit the front page, add a new link to whatever the new page should be named, (following the syntax of the existing two) and then follow the link. Is that what you were trying, and if so, what part can't you do?

ray77 -- IE7 display problem fixed. I'm starting to dislike IE7 more and more :D

siouxnami -- that's exactly the intent, for people to be able to come up with pages worth maintaining with some more structure and permanence than a message port post.

The way to make a new page would be to edit the front page, add a new link to whatever the new page should be named, (following the syntax of the existing two) and then follow the link. Is that what you were trying, and if so, what part can't you do?

ray77 -- IE7 display problem fixed. I'm starting to dislike IE7 more and more :D

You have to believe me...I'm not trying to be a huge pain in your rear today...just trying to help you make the site as best as it can be! When I click on the Wiki tab above, it's still a blank page. I see the SS.com logo, along with 2 ads in the upper right. At the bottom there are 6 buttons - Show Pagesource, Old Revisions, Recent Changes, Login, Index, Back to Top. The middle of the page is blank.

You have to believe me...I'm not trying to be a huge pain in your rear today...just trying to help you make the site as best as it can be! When I click on the Wiki tab above, it's still a blank page. I see the SS.com logo, along with 2 ads in the upper right. At the bottom there are 6 buttons - Show Pagesource, Old Revisions, Recent Changes, Login, Index, Back to Top. The middle of the page is blank.

Since I was able to duplicate it before, but now can repeatedly get it to work after a change that I thought might make it work, I wonder if you're still sitting on a cached version.

Try holding down the shift key while hitting the reload/refresh button and see if you get the same result.

Whoa...it gets even better! If I'm on that page and I left-click as if to highlight lines, I can drag over the page and see a headline with a paragraph below it. This must be the content on this page, but it doesn't show unless I click and drag over it! Weird.

I too can not see the text in the middle of the Wiki page. I can highlight the text...it is almost like the text is white on a white backround.

I am using IE7 (at work).

Ok, I've taken a much bigger stab at it.

I basically rewrote the layout of that entire page to be identical to that of the other pages -- there's almost literally no trace of the original layout left.

With the new changes, I can no longer reproduce the above described problem.

Ok, I've taken a much bigger stab at it.

I basically rewrote the layout of that entire page to be identical to that of the other pages -- there's almost literally no trace of the original layout left.

With the new changes, I can no longer reproduce the above described problem.

I just checked the Wiki tab, and it looks great - I can see it now! Earlier today I was online and checking at work, and now I am at home, however both places have the same operating system and also running IE7, so I'm guessing it'll be fixed tomorrow at work, too. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Not really any point to this post except to say I like IE7 better than IE6. There were some definite quirks with 6 that got fixed with 7.

The problem for me is when I design the application and do testing in IE7, then i have to back-test in IE6 and Firefox to make sure it works in those, too.