SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Finally Here

4siouxnow

Don't quote me, but I'm almost positive they said that Meek dislocated his elbow and it would be a while before he returned. That's what I remember from the radio coverage.

Supposedly Meek will be out 4-5 weeks. Alexander aggrevated an ankle that has been bothering him all fall. I have no idea but would think he would be ready for our next game in two weeks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly Meek will be out 4-5 weeks. Alexander aggrevated an ankle that has been bothering him all fall. I have no idea but would think he would be ready for our next game in two weeks.

Meek's backup, Ryan Kasowski, was the victim of a cheap shot late in the second half and also had to leave the game. Hopefully his injury wasn't severe or else that position could be quite thin. I also noticed that starting outside linebacker Noah Dombrovski didn't play last night.

Ok, Let me say Congratulations, not sure who Humpty Dumpty State was but you may not want to bask in this win too long. Looks like maybe you guys found a new Crookston team. SUU even though is the bottom dweller of the GWFC should prove to be more competitve. Darrels comments about the hilarious center were just that, Hilarious. Better then the FargoDome yeah right. :D

I heard Dale on the sports at 6pm commenting on how this team was going to have some of the best players you guys were going to see all year. I can't believe that's true. If it is you guys better get ready to give away lots more tickets. I heard that team had 9 victories last year. Who the hell do they play anyway? They would have struggled with Moorhead State from the sounds of it.

I always like to throw out the smack with you guys but the last post was a serious question. You guys best hope you can find better quality teams then this, these teams don't test you like you need to be tested. That's the part about transition that sucks too, getting good teams in. It's costly and your not going to be able to give away tickets if you want to make money.

I heard Dale on the sports at 6pm commenting on how this team was going to have some of the best players you guys were going to see all year. I can't believe that's true. If it is you guys better get ready to give away lots more tickets. I heard that team had 9 victories last year. Who the hell do they play anyway? They would have struggled with Moorhead State from the sounds of it.

They just graduated 23 seniors and most of their starters were juco or DI transfers.

They looked confused by their own playbook at times.

I always like to throw out the smack with you guys but the last post was a serious question. You guys best hope you can find better quality teams then this, these teams don't test you like you need to be tested. That's the part about transition that sucks too, getting good teams in. It's costly and your not going to be able to give away tickets if you want to make money.

wow bison fans never cease to amaze me. Its not like the bison are playing the greatest team their first game either. Its the first game. Nobody picks a hard team the first game. anybody with half a brain knows that. And sorry for cheering on our team and giving them recognition for a win. How much publicity is their going to be in fargo after they thump SUU? Because according to you their should be none I guess. And while we are on the subject of finding better talent to play in our transition why not talk about last year when we played Northern Iowa? or i suppose they were worse than Humbolt? Glad the Bison finally found a confrence. what'd that take us a couple months? its fans like d-bag in fargo the bison can have.

The same basis you guys used to claim NDSU gave tickets away. Actually I saw it posted elsewhere that tickets were purchased on a two for one deal. That sounds like a giveaway to me.

I bought two tickets and paid full price for each one. Where was this two-for-one deal? I never saw it or heard about it.

Ok, Let me say Congratulations, not sure who Humpty Dumpty State was but you may not want to bask in this win too long. Looks like maybe you guys found a new Crookston team. SUU even though is the bottom dweller of the GWFC should prove to be more competitve. Darrels comments about the hilarious center were just that, Hilarious. Better then the FargoDome yeah right. :D

You're just pissed because a "real D1 team," that already has 7 D1 National Championship's won't take the time to give your club hockey team a good ass-whoopin'. :huh:

I think it's safe to say that this promotion didn't really have much of an impact since there was no marketing whatsoever. I only saw a poster in a Valley Dairy store, but didn't bother to read the details because it didn't impact me as a season ticketholder. From what I could gather, it involved purchasing some particular item (Coke Zero or something), and getting a voucher which could be redeemed at the Al for a 2-for-1. For all I know, it wasn't even in effect yet. In any event, even if it was, with no marketing, it's highly unlikely to have drawn in many people.

wow bison fans never cease to amaze me. Its not like the bison are playing the greatest team their first game either. Its the first game. Nobody picks a hard team the first game. anybody with half a brain knows that. And sorry for cheering on our team and giving them recognition for a win. How much publicity is their going to be in fargo after they thump SUU? Because according to you their should be none I guess. And while we are on the subject of finding better talent to play in our transition why not talk about last year when we played Northern Iowa? or i suppose they were worse than Humbolt? Glad the Bison finally found a confrence. what'd that take us a couple months? its fans like d-bag in fargo the bison can have.

If you want to compare Humpty Dumpty State to Stephen F. Austin that's fine. Shows what little you know about competition.

Regarding UNI, I congratulated you on that but UNI didn't make the playoffs last year either and they were down last year which their own fans admit, but it was still a good win for you.

Regarding the GWFC that comments ridiculous. first of all if not for the work of Taylor and Grom there would be no GWFC for you to join. But thats fine, UND's just doing what it always does, Follow NDSU. :D

NDSU fans probably shouldn't be making to big a deal about UND running ticket promotions since NDSU has basically been giving away tickets for years at Stop n Go or some convenience store. Yea that is right they have been doing it for years. The Fargodome has also been charging for parking for years to. And then of course NDSU has always had the reputation of fabricating their attendance figures for games . Remember when NDSU used to get 20,000 for home games when the stadium only held 10 or 12,000. NDSU fans shouldn't be pointing fingers at anybody.

I'm sorry I even brought up that stupid Valley Dairy "promotion," which may or may not have even been in effect for the first game, but let's say for the sake of argument that it was. Since one ticket goes for about $21.00, a 2-for-1 hardly results in anybody getting in for "free." I'd be willing to venture that $10.00 or $11.00 will get you at least a nosebleed general admission ticket to virtually any other dII venue in the country, and probably most FCS ones, too.

NDSU fans probably shouldn't be making to big a deal about UND running ticket promotions since NDSU has basically been giving away tickets for years at Stop n Go or some convenience store. Yea that is right they have been doing it for years. The Fargodome has also been charging for parking for years to. And then of course NDSU has always had the reputation of fabricating their attendance figures for games . Remember when NDSU used to get 20,000 for home games when the stadium only held 10 or 12,000. NDSU fans shouldn't be pointing fingers at anybody.

Yes NDSU has had tickets available for sale at Stop N Go but as to your giveaway theory it holds no water. I only pointed out the giveaway notion I heard about for you guys since I beleive they both truly don't amount to squat.

If you want to make a point about something, that is fine, but the constant smack and bringing nothing of substance to the discussion is really getting old.

I gave you guys credit (with no smack) for your UNI win. If saying that UNI had a down year is smack then I guess you can call it that.