SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Lynx Uniform Change (Yes, WNBA)

MafiaMan

This isn't stop-the-presses news, but I thought it was interesting that the Star and Sickle, er, Star Tribune didn't seem to be upset by this. The Minnesota Lynx have changed their uniform and added a "tribal pattern" (GASP!) signifying the face of a Lynx. Did a tribe approve of this? Any specific tribe? Was a tribe consulted at all on its design?

Lynx New Uniform Article

Lynx Shop - New Jersey with "tribal inspired side pattern"

In fact, if you check out the entire shop site, every single team is sporting the "tribal inspired side pattern." Very interesting, I thought...

Roller derby!?! I think not, we're talking MafiaMan here.

W - Women's

N - Naked

B - Basketball

A - Association

Hmm, but if they're naked, why would they need uniforms? Never mind...

NOOOOOOOO :ohmy:

Roller derby!?! I think not, we're talking MafiaMan here.

W - Women's

N - Naked

B - Basketball

A - Association

Hmm, but if they're naked, why would they need uniforms? Never mind...

Other than Lindsay Whalen and a select few, that would be a true horror show. Attendance would rival that of the National Backgammon Championships.

Other than Lindsay Whalen and a select few, that would be a true horror show. Attendance would rival that of the National Backgammon Championships.

act_sue_bird.jpg

Sue Bird...definitely better looking than Larry (no relation)...

act_lauren_jackson.jpg

Outside of the fact that she eats guys like me for a snack, Lauren Jackson is kinda hot...

Does the use of the word "tribal" mean anything? I am pretty sure that the "hositle and abusive" term has more to do with a logo than a use of the word "tribal" when explaining the design of the logo.

It is if your 'perception' of the design is that it is Native American and the decription verifies it by saying it is 'tribal'. The NCAA will define it as hostile or offensive.

Does the use of the word "tribal" mean anything? I am pretty sure that the "hositle and abusive" term has more to do with a logo than a use of the word "tribal" when explaining the design of the logo.

If the Thundering Herd took the field this fall with new pants and a "tribal-inspired pattern" on them, what would your first impression as to the origination of the word "tribal" be?

You sound like another character who is willing to decry "cartoonish" logos of Native Americans as derogatory while at the same time chuckling at the Fighting Irish logo because it isn't really an Irishman, it's a leprechaun. You can't have it both ways.

• 3 weeks later...
For the record, I saw more mullets at Moondance Jam than I did at the Lynx game I went to.

For some reason this felt like the appropriate place to post that.

Well of course you did. Moondance Jam is DaveK Central. Also HAHA! You went to a Lynx game!

We've had this argument before. I was right then and I'm right now. The Oshullet sounds way better. You know it, I know it, your beagle knows it. You are about as up to date with what's cool as Milton Berle. Just give up, admit I'm right and go take a nap.

We've had this argument before. I was right then and I'm right now. The Oshullet sounds way better. You know it, I know it, your beagle knows it.

Yes, we had this argument on USCHO and you lost. Everyone agreed that the Mushie was better than the Oshulett. And my beagle believes whatever I tell her, so you lose there, too. :lol:

You are about as up to date with what's cool as Milton Berle.

Why thank you! ;)

Just give up, admit I'm right and go take a nap.

You're not right, but taking a nap is always a good idea. :(

Yes, we had this argument on USCHO and you lost. Everyone agreed that the Mushie was better than the Oshulett. And my beagle believes whatever I tell her, so you lose there, too. ;)

No, they didn't. No one agrees with you. Oshullet > Mushie. What the hell is Mushie? Sounds like some sort of disgusting Norwegian food.