SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 NHL Entry Draft

USA Hockey

i would bet that brad knows what hes talking about and wouldnt say that on his blog if he didnt know that. its a VERBAL commitment as of now, his sister will be a freshman next year, i never said shes playing hockey but i am assuming she is, also i would classify you as a semi stalker :ohmy:;)

he will do well there, they are usually solid, just dont run into the sioux hunter or big joe will flatten you!!

he will do well there and i am sure Brad knows what he is talking about, I just found it strange that there is two different tales here. I think Brad is probably right though. And I only stalk the cute ones, not that I would do anything cause the freshman are slightly too young for me most of the time. ;):cool:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Frattin take #99 by the Maple Leafs. Brad Malone taken #105 by the Avalanche.

nice........malone slipping, i thought 2nd or 3rd round for sure, this means we will have some 4 year players to mix with the high draft picks that are coming in in 08 and 09 which will be a very nice thing to watch develop. dont get me wrong,i love the toews and oshies that get drafted high and would take them anyday but this can be a good thing to have a nice mix of veterns to go with some upcoming youth in 08 and 09 that will be drafted very high. and not by any means am i saying that these players are not as good as others drafted high. you never know usually unless you are a top 15 solidified pick. good for frattin!!

Matt Frattin take #99 by the Maple Leafs. Brad Malone taken #105 by the Avalanche. Brent Brunetau taken #108 by the Capitals.

Brett Bruneteau taken by washington in 4th rd, didnt know he was eligable!! nice

i think we got a hell of a player in gregoire deciding to play for the sioux, he would have been even higher i think if he woldnt have been hurt last season!!

only one of the best names in hockey as a big d men left t get drafted in BLOOD and maybe eidsness will go late and be a rare sioux goalie drafted

Ben Blood taken #120 by the Senators.

nice, 4 sioux in 4th round, very nicely done, now lets get edisness drafted to make it a perfect 6 for 6!! i say NJ takes him 177 in 6th round or 207 in last 7th round

brian lee's brother goes to florida i 5th rd #131, DU recruit

blackhawks get billy sweat from CC who was said to be one if not the fastest skater in the draft, hes gona be good to go with kane and toews, great pick. hes a hell of a player

gophers have 6 recruits drafted, many high

sioux have 5 drafted middle of the pack with eidsness left potentially to make 6

BADgers 3 very high picks like und a couple years back, 4 total

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

brads list so far

Minnesota 6 (White at No. 25; O'Brien at No. 29; Sacchetti at No. 50; Hoeffel at No. 57; Hansen at No. 68; Fairchild at No. 96)

Michigan 6 (Pacioretty at No. 22; Palushaj at No. 44; Caporusso at No. 90; Kampfer at No. 93; Rust at No. 101; Winnett at No. 104)

UND 5 (Gregoire at No. 76; Frattin at No. 99; Malone at No. 105; Bruneteau at No. 108; Blood at No. 120)

Wisconsin 4 (Turris at No. 3; McDonagh at No. 12; Smith at No. 27; Erstad at No. 100)

Notre Dame 4 (Cole at No. 18; Ruth at No. 46; Thang at No. 81; Ryan at No. 114)

Boston College 2 (Petrecki at No. 28; Cross at No. 35)

Boston Univ. 2 (Shattenkirk at No. 14; Cohen at No. 45)

New Hampshire 2 (vanRiemsdyk at No. 2; DeSimone at No. 84)

Miami-Ohio 2 (Weber at No. 53; Vaive at No. 92)

Cornell 1 (Nash at No. 21)

Colorado College 1 (Sweatt at No. 38)

Dartmouth 1 (Galiardi at No. 55)

Michigan Tech 1 (Pierro-Zabotel at No. 80)

Bowling Green 1 (Unice at No. 86)

Michigan State 1 (Tropp at No. 89)

Providence 1 (Lavin at No. 126)

brian lee's brother goes to florida i 5th rd #131, DU recruit

blackhawks get billy sweat from CC who was said to be one if not the fastest skater in the draft, hes gona be good to go with kane and toews, great pick. hes a hell of a player

gophers have 6 recruits drafted, many high

sioux have 5 drafted middle of the pack with eidsness left potentially to make 6

BADgers 3 very high picks like und a couple years back, 4 total

brads list so far

Minnesota 6 (White at No. 25; O'Brien at No. 29; Sacchetti at No. 50; Hoeffel at No. 57; Hansen at No. 68; Fairchild at No. 96)

Michigan 6 (Pacioretty at No. 22; Palushaj at No. 44; Caporusso at No. 90; Kampfer at No. 93; Rust at No. 101; Winnett at No. 104)

UND 5 (Gregoire at No. 76; Frattin at No. 99; Malone at No. 105; Bruneteau at No. 108; Blood at No. 120)

Wisconsin 4 (Turris at No. 3; McDonagh at No. 12; Smith at No. 27; Erstad at No. 100)

Notre Dame 4 (Cole at No. 18; Ruth at No. 46; Thang at No. 81; Ryan at No. 114)

Boston College 2 (Petrecki at No. 28; Cross at No. 35)

Boston Univ. 2 (Shattenkirk at No. 14; Cohen at No. 45)

New Hampshire 2 (vanRiemsdyk at No. 2; DeSimone at No. 84)

Miami-Ohio 2 (Weber at No. 53; Vaive at No. 92)

Dartmouth 1 (Galiardi at No. 55)

Michigan State 1 (Tropp at No. 89)

put UND's number up by one. Bradley Eidsness goes at 139 in the 5th round to Buffalo from Calgary

nice, 4 sioux in 4th round, very nicely done, now lets get edisness drafted to make it a perfect 6 for 6!! i say NJ takes him 177 in 6th round or 207 in last 7th round

buffalo takes EIDSNESS in 5th round, WOW, great for brad, 6 for 6 it is...........good job sioux recruits, congrats!!

from brad........this should be it unless im unaware of another sioux recruit being eligible......all go to 6 different NHL teams

i thought MALONE slipped a round and a half but not a huge suprise, gregoire went right where i thought he could, frattin and blood seemed to be right on when looking at the draft player rankings, eidsness went earlier than i thought for sure, thought 6th maybe, 7th for sure and had no idea bruneteau was even eligible so thats great for him. 6 for 6. good to see these guys get drafted, isnt malone the only one of these 6 coming in this season unless there is a last minute change of course??

Jason Gregoire was selected by the New York Islanders in the third round, 76 overall...

Matt Frattin was selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the fourth round, 99 overall...

Brad Malone was selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the fourth round, 105 overall...

Brett Bruneteau was selected by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round, 108 overall...

Ben Blood was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the fourth round, 120 overall...

Brad Eidsness was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the fifth round, 139 overall.

Very nice! It would have been nice to have a first rounder, but can't complain when we went 6-6.

of course but.........we have had enough that are gone the last few years :ohmy: and a few more still on the team. this is a great mix to have as in 08 and 09 we will have a few more 1st rounders i believe, we need these type for a great balance over the next 4-5 years for sure

great draft for the sioux. im not disappointed that und doesnt have any 1st rounders this time. 6 players drafted when the class is not even that big. of course 5 of them will be coming in 08. o well. awesome 08 class so far

FINAL LIST FROM BRAD on college players/recruits drafted, looks like UAA is the only team that didnt have a player drafted

Minnesota 8 (White at No. 25; O'Brien at No. 29; Sacchetti at No. 50; Hoeffel at No. 57; Hansen at No. 68; Fairchild at No. 96; Matson at No. 176; Larson at No. 185)

Michigan 7 (Pacioretty at No. 22; Palushaj at No. 44; Caporusso at No. 90; Kampfer at No. 93; Rust at No. 101; Winnett at No. 104; Hagelin at No. 168)

UND 6 (Gregoire at No. 76; Frattin at No. 99; Malone at No. 105; Bruneteau at No. 108; Blood at No. 120; Eidsness at No. 139)

Wisconsin 5 (Turris at No. 3; McDonagh at No. 12; Smith at No. 27; Erstad at No. 100; Turnbull at No. 137)

Notre Dame 5 (Cole at No. 18; Ruth at No. 46; Thang at No. 81; Ryan at No. 114; Phillips at No. 182)

Boston Univ. 4 (Shattenkirk at No. 14; Cohen at No. 45; Bonino at No. 173; Glass at No. 199)

Boston College 3 (Petrecki at No. 28; Cross at No. 35; Carey at No. 135)

New Hampshire 3 (vanRiemsdyk at No. 2; DeSimone at No. 84; Kessel at No. 166)

Miami-Ohio 3 (Weber at No. 53; Vaive at No. 92; Vogelhuber at No. 211)

Nebraska-Omaha 2 (Conboy at No. 142; Goulet at No. 159)

Ohio State 2 (Albert at No. 175; Severyn at No. 186)

Dartmouth 2 (Galiardi at No. 55; Stejskal at No. 133)

Western Michigan 2 (Campbell at No. 138; Watson at No. 191)

Michigan State 2 (Tropp at No. 89; Nill at No. 190)

Massachusetts 2 (Hobbs at No. 198; Braun at No. 201)

Vermont 2 (Marshall at No. 150; MacKenzie at No. 209)

Harvard 1 (Killorn at No. 77)

Colgate 1 (Smith at No. 128)

Alaska-Fairbanks 1 (Benn at No. 129)

Denver 1 (Lee at No. 131)

Mankato 1 (Kalinski at No. 152)

Maine 1 (Darling at No. 153)

St. Cloud State 1 (Dunn at No. 154)

Ferris State 1 (Maroon at No. 161)

Duluth 1 (Kishel at No. 192)

Clarkson 1 (Rufenach at No. 208)

More CCHA draftees (26) than WCHA (25). More top-end talent moving their way (esp Notre Dame)? or is it the CCHA style of play (more grind it than WCHA) ...? or just that they have 12 teams vs 10?

more teams will do it i believe, the wcha is so top heavy its crazy.......and by top heavy in draft picks thats only 3 of the 10 teams...wow

wow espisito falling with cheranov, hope the wild or coyotes get either, there must be big character issues with espisito and the russia thing is hurting cheranov, he should just flee the country like malkin did, both of these guys are big time players to me...

Not a shock to this poster, he has been over-hyped since he played at Shattuck. It is nice to see that 19 GM's agreed with me.

Now I'm not sure why Billy Sweatt went as late as he did.

Not a shock to this poster, he has been over-hyped since he played at Shattuck. It is nice to see that 19 GM's agreed with me.

Now I'm not sure why Billy Sweatt went as late as he did.

he was still the #1 ranked payer at mid term rankings so he was still considered a great player then dropped to late first round, big deal. it was only a big deal because scouts ranked him maybe higher then he should have been 2 years ago or maybe he peaked very early, hell he still will be damn good and will be even better playing with those 3 stars, anyone in the top 2 rounds can pan out to be big time players with dark horses always producing as well that were drafted in later rounds.

i thought sweat would maybe be a late late first rounder, his speed is great and chicago will be very happy to have him and kane play along side toews and skille in the very near future. looks like those 19 gm's that agreed with you sure didnt with sweatt, hmmmmmmmmmmm