SiouxSports.com Forum

Same Guy; New Role

The Sicatoka

As expected (by some).

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com/ViewArticle....p;ATCLID=925590

"Kelvin will be a great addition to the Ralph Engelstad Arena team, and as such, he’ll also continue to be a valued member of the UND athletics enterprise,” Hodgson said. “It’s an absolute win-win situation for the arena and the athletic department.”

Coach Ziegler will be missed, He has done a outstanding job with the UND Baseball program from his days as a Asstiant to Coach Roebuck, from taking over the program and putting his own stamp on it. It always amazed me how Coach Zig could go out and get 60-70 guys to come to UND to play baseball. His dedication to this program will be missed. With a approx 2-3 Schollarships the young men like their Coach came and competed at UND "For the Love of the Game".

Good Luck Kelvin to you and your family....

Within a span of 1 month, both the softball and baseball coaches have resigned, UND does not have a DI facility for either one and the job listing for the softball coach requires only that the team be "regionally competitive". I don't think that there too many job postings that would list that as long term goal. Short term maybe, but not long term. Are we seeing the end of these two sports at UND?

The Big Sky does not offer baseball and softball does not get an autobid due to the lack of teams. :lol:

Is the addition of lacrosse coming next? :D

Within the past month both the head baseball and softball coaches "resigned". Does anybody feel that both the softball and baseball coaches were forced out with the upcoming DI exploratory year? Is this a sign that the programs might be at risk of being cut, because Baseball isn't going to be searching for a coach till 2008? What are your guys thoughts on this?

In reply to the Timmpint posts, Yes Timm Pint was named interim head coach but I would assume that the timmpint posts in this board aren't his actual posting name if he even has one?

Seems to look to me as if your right Baseball could be on the way out, I can't see why else Timm Pint would be named interim Coach so quickly. With the college world serise still going on as we speak it can't be that late in the season to be looking for a replacement. The interim's qualifications don't look like they would be close to what would be looked for in a qualified person to lead us into D1. This guy has no Head Coaching exp, and only being a few years himself from playing at a school that just transitioned from a junior college to a 4 year school and very little College exp. I don't get it!

Just think how horrible it will be around here if UND ever actually gets a lacrosse team. Sica will nearly be as insufferable as I am.

I could only dream of reaching or achieving that level of insufferablenessdom. ;)

Then again, being regarded as the one who started the vision wouldn't be so bad .... :ohmy:

Having said that, PCM "drive by" in three, two, ....

I think the fact that they aren't even going to start looking until next April is a sign that UND will be dropping baseball. Naming an interim coach until May 2008 gets the Sioux through the last year of the NCC. If the Sioux were looking to take the baseball team to DI, wouldn't you want to have a new coach on board recruiting for that move at the very least?

Lacrosse anyone? :ohmy:

Didn't the softball team kind of do an exploratory year this year? I heard that one of the players would have made a great addition to the women's hockey team and was told that because she was given a softball scholarship she needed to concentrate on softball.

I think baseball might also be on the chopping block. Here in Fargo Bison Baseball is getting all kinds of hype about just hiring a coach. A person I worked with had no idea SU even had baseball and now he thinks they must be pretty good because of all the applicants. I for one am embarrassed of how our new AD is perceived around the league and even from NDSU athletic staff.