SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Fargo AirSho

PCM

I went to the Fargo AirSho on Saturday and took along the trusty digital camera. Here are some of my shots of the Blue Angels in action.

angels07-640.jpg

angels05-640.jpg

angels06-640.jpg

angels03-640.jpg

angels08-640.jpg

angels04-640.jpg

angels02-640.jpg

Here's a couple of Fat Albert, the Blue Angels' C-130 transport.

albert01-640.jpg

albert02-640.jpg

Here's one of the stunt planes that performed.

stunt01-640.jpg

I went to the Fargo AirSho on Saturday and took along the trusty digital camera. Here are some of my shots of the Blue Angels in action.

angels07-640.jpg

angels05-640.jpg

angels06-640.jpg

angels03-640.jpg

angels08-640.jpg

angels04-640.jpg

angels02-640.jpg

Here's a couple of Fat Albert, the Blue Angels' C-130 transport.

albert01-640.jpg

albert02-640.jpg

Here's one of the stunt planes that performed.

stunt01-640.jpg

Great photography!!

Friends and Neighbors Day at GFAFB. I believe it happens every other year.

We do it without the doofy "name" - and if you're going to refer to the AirSHO you need to add a slash above the O which you can't really do with a computer so it's ANOTHER example of a "FARGO" event that's not easily relatable to the public...like their football program :lol: (KIDDING you pro-bison morons!)

Nice pics... you got a dust spec though =)

I wish it were only a dust spec. :D

I bought the camera used, not realizing that the CCD had been permanently damaged. Live and learn. :lol:

I love the Blue Angels! They are really awesome! I enjoyed seeing them while I was in Fargo. I didn't actually go to the show, but I live in north Fargo so I saw them quite frequently.

The only complaint I have is that they closed 19th Ave by the airport, which I take a lot so it was kinda a pain in the ass to have to go around and detour.

Other than that, good stuff!

I'd be really surprised if the CCD is damaged. This looks just like a dust spec on the image plane itself. There are kits out there to clean off the sensor and get rid of these specks.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/s...-cleaning.shtml

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutor...ensorclean.html

A quick way to check is to shoot some blank walls at f/4, f/8, f/11 etc. As the f-stop decreases (number gets larger) the specks should become more apparent. They should be unnoticeable at values smaller than f/8 or so. You can aggravate these spots by adjusting the levels or contrast substantially.

Aaron (fellow DSLR shooter)

I'd be really surprised if the CCD is damaged. This looks just like a dust spec on the image plane itself. There are kits out there to clean off the sensor and get rid of these specks.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/s...-cleaning.shtml

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutor...ensorclean.html

A quick way to check is to shoot some blank walls at f/4, f/8, f/11 etc. As the f-stop decreases (number gets larger) the specks should become more apparent. They should be unnoticeable at values smaller than f/8 or so. You can aggravate these spots by adjusting the levels or contrast substantially.

Aaron (fellow DSLR shooter)

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've already done all that. The CCD is definitely damaged. Someone attempted to clean the CCD with something that left permanent indentations on it. It looks like dust, but it's not. Whatever was used in the cleaning attempt also left a large scratch on the CCD that shows up near the top of the photos. If you look carefully, you can see it on some of the photos. Fortunately, I can use digital editing cropping to remove or minimize the effects.

EDIT: To be accurate, I should say that the indentations and scratch are in the glass covering the CCD, not on the CCD itself.

just to share some info, the Minot AFB will have an airshow on September 8, if anyone wants to head out west.....

Minot AFB Airshow

also, there is a show in Eden Prarie on Aug 18-19 at Flying Cloud Field.....

List of Aircraft

tickets are $15 for adults, $5 for children 8-12

no aerobatics, as FAA doesnt allow it at flying cloud field

also, will be more than just those planes listed on that website. always is.

for anymore info, please PM me.....

GREAT...now he's a SUDO-photographer! :ohmy: SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THIS MAN!!!!! ;)

That is some serious work PCM, not too bad for sudo reporter. He, He, He...

The Blue Angels rule... I saw them back in 1990... Awesome...

• 4 weeks later...

Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels and they do two shows here annually, one during the summer at the beach and the other during the fall at NAS Pensacola. This weekend is the beach air show. Today they will be practicing and tomorrow is the actual show.

With both days expected to be cloudy, I'm assuming that they will be doing the "low show", which means that you may be able to watch parts of it on Pier Cam. It isn't always reliable and sometimes you have to close it and re-open it for it work. I don't know exactly what time practice is, but I'm assuming it will start around noon.

Here is link to some pictures from yesterday's practice.

My boss has a 38' catamaran, which will be our vantage point tomorrow. :lol:

Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels and they do two shows here annually, one during the summer at the beach and the other during the fall at NAS Pensacola.

I visited the naval aviation museum in Pensacola when my brother was stationed at Eglin in the mid-90s. They had the Blue Angels old A-4 Skyhawks on display hanging from the ceiling. The F/A-18 Hornets are cool, but I sure wish I could have seen a performance in the Skyhawks. To me, they just seem like a natural fit for aerobatics.

Have a good time at the show. I'm sure that watching the Blue Angels perform from a 38-foot cat will be more enjoyable than watching the "sho" while standing in Hector's soggy grass. :lol: