SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Twins and Viking Stadium Designs

star2city

Vikings unveil stadium - no funding plan yet

The Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission has unveiled its plan for a new Vikings stadium , an ambitious proposal that also includes ideas for redeveloping the surrounding downtown neighborhood. But the project isn't cheap - nearly a billion dollars - and so far there is no plan to pay for it.

Minneapolis

First, I think that the concept of the Vikings Stadium is great. That eastern part of downtown is underutilized and this could really be a great anchor of development. I will say that a BILLION dollars is a lot of cash and it will be interesting to see how they structure the funding. The Minneapolis area has to have a retractable roof stadium to compete for NCAA's Super Bowls and whatnot.

I've driven by the land that's going to house the Twins stadium, and I can't see how it's going to fit. It's going to be crammed in to that lot. IMO, I think we can suffer through a few bad weeks of weather. I thought we were tough up here?