SiouxSports.com Forum

Cory Schneider

Fetch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread is CORY SCHNEIDER, but let's give credit where credit is due. Lammy was on the WCHA and West Regional All-tourney teams. He may not be Schneider-like :sad: , but I like what he brings to this team and I expect him to bring it tonight.

I think the issue is that Cory has been the Media darling for three years now and Lammy hasn't had the luxuary of the same coverage.

Also, I think a lot of us have seen Cory play during the WJC for the two years that he was on Team USA and I like many other people were not all that impressed with his play and I am also not convinced he was the best USA goalie in his age group at that time. Lets just say he has had all the right breaks. The fact that the Hockey East although a great conference isn't as tough as the WCHA, anyoine that thinks other wise is brain dead, the WCHA has won the NCAA title 5 years in a row.

I am not saying HE teams won't win the NCAA, I have a lot of respect for BU, B.C. and Maine but they don't have to play in our leage week to week. That's the problem with NCAA hockey there isn't enough out of league match ups. I would be willing to bet his number wouldn't be eye popping if he played against our teams.

I think the issue is that Cory has been the Media darling for three years now and Lammy hasn't had the luxuary of the same coverage.

Also, I think a lot of us have seen Cory play during the WJC for the two years that he was on Team USA and I like many other people were not all that impressed with his play and I am also not convinced he was the best USA goalie in his age group at that time. Lets just say he has had all the right breaks. The fact that the Hockey East although a great conference isn't as tough as the WCHA, anyoine that thinks other wise is brain dead, the WCHA has won the NCAA title 5 years in a row.

I am not saying HE teams won't win the NCAA, I have a lot of respect for BU, B.C. and Maine but they don't have to play in our leage week to week. That's the problem with NCAA hockey there isn't enough out of league match ups. I would be willing to bet his number wouldn't be eye popping if he played against our teams.

If Lammy (or anyone else) were a first-round NHL draft pick he'd be getting his share of coverage and please don't claim eastern bias. Vanek and Kessel were unarguably media darlings.

I don't know what you mean by having "all the right breaks". Schneider has worked incredibly hard to get where he is.

I'm not getting into that tired HEA vs. WCHA peeing contest. Suffice it to say that I think it's cyclical.

BC has been dominant down the stretch, not giving up too many goals and scoring too many. We can debate whether they play in a weaker conference but even NCAA teams they dominated. Maybe Schneider will play like the last couple of times against the Sioux, and maybe not. Either way, I think the Sioux are looking up at BC in the game tonite. They have a chance, but they better play well, front to back and top to bottom, or another run comes to an end.

BC has been dominant down the stretch, not giving up too many goals and scoring too many. We can debate whether they play in a weaker conference but even NCAA teams they dominated. Maybe Schneider will play like the last couple of times against the Sioux, and maybe not. Either way, I think the Sioux are looking up at BC in the game tonite. They have a chance, but they better play well, front to back and top to bottom, or another run comes to an end.

If I am BC I am extremely nervous about how many penalties will be called. When you consider what the DOT line has done to other teams recently, they have every reason to be. I don't think their big pylons will be able to keep the DOT line in check without taking penalties. Therefore, we'll see who looks up at who.

You didn't hear about his greatness 2 years ago. He was a freshman thrown in because York had lost confidence in Matti Kaltiainen.

Your memory is either very poor or very selective. Remember this?

It also was bad timing for rookie netminder Cory Schneider (15 saves) to pick up his first career loss. Schneider entered the game with a 13-0-4 record and a stingy 1.66 goals against average.

I remember going into that game that BC had the advantage in goal because of the undefeated Schneider. His record proved irrelevant.

I remember going into that game that BC had the advantage in goal because of the undefeated Schneider. His record proved irrelevant.

My memory is quite good. It was a surprise to almost everyone when York picked Schneider to play against UND. He had lost confidence in Matti because of his erratic play. That's a fact.

If Lammy (or anyone else) were a first-round NHL draft pick he'd be getting his share of coverage and please don't claim eastern bias. Vanek and Kessel were unarguably media darlings.

I don't know what you mean by having "all the right breaks". Schneider has worked incredibly hard to get where he is.

I'm not getting into that tired HEA vs. WCHA peeing contest. Suffice it to say that I think it's cyclical.

What ever. I wonder if Doug Flutie is going to be at the game tonight. By the Way Kessel and Vanek were Goofer players.

There you go again PCM clouding the issue with facts. ;):sad:;)

My memory is quite good. It was a surprise to almost everyone when York picked Schneider to play against UND. He had lost confidence in Matti because of his erratic play. That's a fact.

Nice smokescreen. I don't give a rip about Matti. He wasn't playing at that point. The goalies were Parise and Schneider, and all I heard about was Schneider's undefeated record and gawdy goals against average.

Nice smokescreen. I don't give a rip about Matti. He wasn't playing at that point. The goalies were Parise and Schneider, and all I heard about was Schneider's undefeated record and gawdy goals against average.

Me think maybe it's time we not feed the TROLLS anymore

We all saw what happened when Schneider had to play against better talent at the world juniors as well. I am sure he is a decent goalie but he is not nor will he ever be an Elliot or Miller.

I would agree with that statement he is no Patric Roy either.

Ultimately, though, there is one area where the Eagles have a huge advantage and that is in the nets- North Dakota's Phillippe Lamorieux is a solid but unspectacular netminder; Corey Schneider, on the other hand, is Corey Schneider. I see that as the ultimate difference in the game; much like BC's initial two NCAA tournament games, I see this as a hard-fought affair between the two best teams in college hockey right now, but Corey Schneider is ultimately going to lead this team to victory.

Apparently B.C. fans see Phil as the Weak Link. Hurry someone get this to the UND locker room.

Check this out

We all saw what happened when Schneider had to play against better talent at the world juniors as well. I am sure he is a decent goalie but he is not nor will he ever be an Elliot or Miller.

UND ain't the world juniors.

Maine scores in less than a minute ;)

Why is it we like & RESPECT MAINE & not many other HE teams

are all sports writers like this out on the left coast ?

An uncensored, politically incorrect, and uninhibited look at Boston College athletics by an angry drunk with a keyboard
:sad:

2 - zip Maine ;)

You obviously didn't get to watch some of the Sioux lineup in WJC action. Cheers

No I didn't but tell you what. Let's just divide the Sioux up and they could probably stock both the US and Canadian teams without missing a beat.

If I am BC I am extremely nervous about how many penalties will be called. When you consider what the DOT line has done to other teams recently, they have every reason to be. I don't think their big pylons will be able to keep the DOT line in check without taking penalties. Therefore, we'll see who looks up at who.

BC also has one of the best PK's in the nation, and has had some success with SH goals. I think Gerbe's got 4.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.